1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain Buyers Read This Before Buying a Domain at DP

Discussion in 'Domains' started by Mr Perfect, Nov 22, 2010.

Respected Reader,
    I purchased several domains from DP and got scammed a few times too. BUT Now, i am careful and want you to do the same. Once, i posted a thread that i want to buy a premium domain and i have budget of $300. I got several PMs with REAL Premium domains for cheap prices. I paid a person, got the domain, but after few days, Domain was vanished from my account as the seller pushed back the domain (dont know how). Such things happened here with several persons.

Follow These Tips Before Buying a Domain.

Normally, before buying a domain, we check whois record such as Creation Date and Expiry Date. BUT, we forget to see, "Last Updated" date. If its 5 or 6 months old, then fine. Otherwise, if the period is less than 1 month, investigate about this change and ask buyer about this change.

• Check Domain status too, if its Active or Inactive.
    • Verify Domain Ownership, DP has this tool and you should force Domain seller to use this.
    • Check Domain history at web.archive.org if it was used for illegal means.
    • Ask Seller if Domain is blacklisted by Google Adsense or other networks.
    • Always try to buy/sell domain using escrow services.
    • Never think like, "Its fine to buy domain for $XX or $XXX without any security, i will open a dispute in Paypal if seller did scam" Remember, Paypal 95% will never issue refund in such cases as its an intangible asset.

Please, share few more tips to make DP more reliable and trust worthy to buy sell domains.

Mr Perfect, Nov 22, 2010 IP
    wokao likes this.
  2. john333

john333 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thank you for Great Tips, hope this Sticky ^_^

john333, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  3. Mr Perfect

Mr Perfect Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks mate :) I would love if you could suggest some more tips to make domain buy sell process better and reliable here at DP.

Mr Perfect, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  4. mike_sun

mike_sun Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    66.7% - 2
    iTrader and date of joining along with prices we are being offered can be a good reason to judge a scammer and prestigious domainer here. I have been scammed many times but I do respect the real domainer here around.
    I prefer to deal with a few and they supply me all I need.
    But I agree with you, we must be very very careful with scam that often been noticed and the buyer always lost both money and domain.

mike_sun, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  5. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    You can not defend yourself by the techniques you mentioned above since new techniques can always be created by those persons.
    It is much more related to psychology and personality.
    Serious persons always look for long term business relations. Just look at the joining date to DP.
    Good persons are more professional than bad persons. They usually make reasonable offers and you don't feel unhappy when you miss such ordinary(!) offers. So, greedy persons will most likely get scammed in some day and they are easy preys for scammers.

Of course a third party escrow service is the best protection if the deal is big enough.

makeit easy, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  6. toria

toria Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for your ideas. They are much appreciated.

I have a theory that because of the anonymity of the internet, many people feel less of a need to be professional. Tools like iTrader, seeing the join date and people posting on the forum to beware of a specific scammer are helpful, but scams still occur.

Thanks for offering good ideas.

Best,

Victoria

toria, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  7. Mr Perfect

Mr Perfect Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    thanks mate, i just 4got to mention this.

Mr Perfect, Nov 23, 2010 IP