1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

RANT: I am Sick of SEO Guys From DP Forum. The SEO Industry is Being Ruined!!!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by smallbusinessguy, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Barre Tire

Barre Tire Peon

Best Answers:
    DP is full of Scammers there is no dought. What puzzles me is that there are also a bunch of lazy people on here that could very well get there hands dirty and do there own SEO. We all know that the information is out there. Why on earht does anyone think when you pay someone $10.00 for a Quality link for example that you are actually getting one??? Come on now. Many cases the so called victims are just as much to blame as the scammers.

Barre Tire, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  2. smallbusinessguy

smallbusinessguy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hahaha.. Look who is talking... Head over to his site and see that he provides SEO services....

See the thread

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1974753
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1975787

He himself says he is a SEO newbie... Well guys here is one live example for all of you

smallbusinessguy, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  3. smallbusinessguy

smallbusinessguy Peon

Best Answers:
    One thing I have to say is.... Only because people are lazy SEO consultants have work.. Its because people are lazy many jobs exists. Everyone wants an easy life...

4. Red Kite

Red Kite Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm fairly new to SEO, and I'm trying to learn it the 'right way', but there seems to be quite a few users on here offering 'quick fix' solutions (automated link building software, 'get to #1 on Google' etc).

The basic concepts of SEO seem to be fairly simple and easy to learn, but there is quite a lot of ongoing work involved applying these concepts to your website. The trouble is, as other have pointed out on this thread, people are lazy and can't be bothered to do the work.

I hope to offer SEO services in the future, but I am nowhere near ready yet!

Red Kite, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  5. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ha, this is going to be good.

Its not going to go away so get used to it or be pissed right off because crowds of third world country scamming people come in this forum hourly and they don't like searching. They want an answer free and FAST.

I know. Like Sitemaps. lol "What is a sitemap?"

Lol, tell your client I'm willing to give him/her free advice. Quit being a webmaster now if you are willing to give a mass amount of money without any security............

Based on my own research from my negotiations here the scam rate is 34%. Watch your back.

Umm, those guys you are ranting about, barely any of them even speak your language. They are like "I need job, SEO word for mony, pls hire". There's not point in ranting about it.

If you go to a Canadian only Webmaster forum the scam rate will lower to 2%. You have that option.:)

The SEO industry has a bad name because SEO guys make threads like "get your site 1st for ANY keyword for $1000 only".

If you were a good SEO expert than you would know that professionals who are looking for services know better than to bother with idiots like that. A buyer for seo shouldn't be totally clueless right?

So don't worry about it.

Laceygirl, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  6. smallbusinessguy

smallbusinessguy Peon

Best Answers:
    Problem is many people do not know the actual reward of hiring the right SEO guy... They just heard somewhere that SEO is good and they want it done for their site

7. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    That's not true. If people know what SEO is, they do understand the benefits. The problem is the industry is filled with scammers, and uneducated people. Most business owners that run their own websites learn a little here and there and can learn enough to attract business to their website.
    It is not necessary for every business to have a million backlinks of rank #1 for everything.

The average person with some intelligence can learn enough SEO to get by and combined with their other marketing efforts can do just fine. It's because of the dishonesty and crappy service providers in the SEO industry that so many business people have decided to do it on their own.

Let's face it, out of all of the web services out there, SEO is seen to be the dirtiest and is the industry is killing itself.
    Most of the SEO offers and services that I see are from India and Pakistan. 10 years ago most SEO services were from the U.S.

Most of the small guy SEO people amount to pretty much comment spamming, bookmarking scripts and splog creation. Most people are wise to these type of short cut scam services by now.
    SEO and link building services will always have a market with every noob webmaster who thinks that DMOZ and and random backlinks holds the key to online adsense riches, but not with anyone with any sense and experience.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
    hmansfield, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  8. smallbusinessguy

smallbusinessguy Peon

Best Answers:
    Very true. At this rate in a years time everyone will be an SEO Expert providing SEO services to just about anyone. Maybe we will see SEO from 1$ onwards

9. sameer_reddy

sameer_reddy Peon

Best Answers:
    sameer_reddy, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  10. smallbusinessguy

smallbusinessguy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hahaha.. I'd prefer to stay as a small business owner and SEO consultant... How about a detective agency??? LOL... I never thought people like those will come and post in this thread

smallbusinessguy, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  11. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    +1
    That's why I don't even post on most of the SEO threads they are usually just a drop link scam set up by some clueless dumbass. Then you go to their site and it is usually some cheap junky template with trash content that is misspelled, PR0, ranks in nothing, worthless site. SEO expert ?

I think a lot of the problem is customers want cheap. How many links can I get for $15 ? oh I get you 15,000 links for $15 I make you on first Google for $35 I know a secret trick.
    People are greedy and want something for nothing buy into it and get scammed.

Real SEO takes time, real links (not dropped domain links) are hard to get and take time and work. People don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on real work for SEO they think they can beat the system and find some secret for nothing so they get scammed.

You try to get anything for nothing and you are going to get scammed, personally I think it is funny.
    I have clients that ask me How many links can you get me in an hour ? How much to get me first on Google ? Then when I give them any kind of real answer they act like I am stupid because they know of people that can do it for all most nothing.
    Usually after they get ripped off they are not so cocky and are ready to pay a real price for real work.

averyz, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  12. smallbusinessguy

smallbusinessguy Peon

Best Answers:
    This is the reason why people get scammed in the first place. People want solutions without spending money or any effort. As a result people exploit their laziness and outright scam them

13. cluongo18

cluongo18 Member

Best Answers:
    Nice post and I understand your pain. I mean lets not sugar coat this and act like "i cant believe people are doing this!!!". With the amount of resources online to learn new subjects, someone can feel they have a "grasp" of a subject and start offering services cheap to gullible people (such as most on here). I dont think its people trying to "scam" people all the time. I think its a lot of "oh I learned SEO on DP in a week, this isnt hard, might as well sell my services".

What people dont realize is, if you think you have learned something inside out, you havent. Chances are you have just barely scratched the surface. (my dad used to tell me this when I would say "hey dad, i did these photoshop tutorials! i know everything about photoshop!" at age 12.)

So I think its more of people THINKING they know a subject really well, and who wouldnt go in with the mindset "well might as well make a few bucks?". If you aren't an idiot, you want fall for this. Simple. Even if you are a small business owner with no idea of how the internet works, I think DP is the last place you would look for web services. The only person to blame for getting F'd over or scammed is yourself. Its a cruel world and we need to smarten up.

But great post man, I really enjoyed reading it!

cluongo18, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  14. smallbusinessguy

smallbusinessguy Peon

Best Answers:
    That is true. A new way of approaching this subject.

15. smallbusinessguy

smallbusinessguy Peon

Best Answers:
    It's 2012 now. More than a year after this thread was started. What do you think of the SEO industry now?

smallbusinessguy, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  16. Louiview

Louiview Peon

Best Answers:
    I spent the time to go through this entire thread... I'm not shocked to see the it is. Simply put, its on a rising curve for your daily consumers to WANT to learn more about SEO, thus, they're digging deeper into forums and other established communities.

However, due to the rise of people entering the SEO industry as sole proprietors, the amount of expertise and sound SEO advices have been slowly creeping away from public forums.

Hence, the rise of crap SEO services continues to go upwards while the real experts who has been in the industry for years, a) has already built their portfolio and are now on referral basis and b) are unwilling to provide the kind of advice that might be leaked into the market and be a part of a community they once were in.

Louiview, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  17. javeuuo

javeuuo Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you

quality = price
    high quality = high price
    trash = cheap

order a $10 seo service then all you get are links generated from search engine spam.
    Do you want your company name marked as spammer?

javeuuo, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  18. GoldSEO

GoldSEO Member

Best Answers:
    It doesn't help when you see a thread and all the posts are copy paste variations of the first two ideas shared. Thats how most marketers make their money, putting a twist on copy pasted content and thinking its unique. They spam backlinks and expect it all to be ok. It's a joke, because people don't realize that in something as frequently changing as SEO, the only working experience is failure you tested on yourself...You cannot take an idea that has worked for someone else and replicate it because even if you THINK you have an idea how they got their results, you really have no idea. Posting to 1000 backlinks does not mean spamming 1000 backlinks, and what it does mean is frankly too esoteric for people trying to make a quick buck online. The internet is changing, it isn't a get rich quick scheme anymore, the search engines want unique and readable data.

GoldSEO, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  19. JoeVlcek

JoeVlcek Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I know this is an old thread, but I thought I would post some advice about this.

It is NOT always about the price. I have seen many SEO firms offer garbage, spam services at high prices. Just because you pay more does not mean it is better.

So, how do you know if the SEO services offered here are bad quality?

Check your competition for some mid-range keywords that you think you could rank for. You will see that most good keywords will have sites in the top 10 with a few thousand backlinks to the entire site. Next look at the age of those sites and you will see that many have been up for many years.

If it takes those sites years to get thousands of backlinks, do you really think it is reasonable to get thousands of backlinks in 1 month? Any SEO service offering thousands of backlinks in 1 month will give you a bunch of garbage, spam links that have 0 value. Money down the drain.

The vast majority of bad quality SEO services will lure people in by promising a huge number of backlinks. This is one of the first big signs the service is not worth it.

JoeVlcek, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  20. smallbusinessguy

smallbusinessguy Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not just about the price. I recently replied to a thread where an SEO providers was asking basic SEO question. He said he was running an SEO firm and so he needs SEO advice. This is the kind of threads that people should stop answering.

smallbusinessguy, Feb 3, 2012 IP