1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anchor text keyword links make a difference?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by bob25, Nov 20, 2010.

I know it improves the "relevancy" of the link, but I always assumed that a backlink was a backlink. Yet when using MarketSamurai I'm getting a different amount of backlinks for different keywords for the SAME URL.

Does the anchor text make a difference to the number of backlinks?

Thanks

bob25, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  2. teamaguilar

teamaguilar Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes That is why we use anchor text,and these text are our niche keywords right.we will get higher search return via these keywords.

teamaguilar, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  3. bob25

bob25 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, but what about all those bookmark, profile links and forum signature links? Why do they show up as links even for unrelated terms?

Thanks

bob25, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  4. greenamigo

greenamigo Peon

Best Answers:
    what do you mean by this a number of backlinks for different URLs? All you have to do is type in the website address, you do not have to type in any keywords when searching

greenamigo, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  5. sydzapp

sydzapp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Certainly.
    Backlinks provide link-juice, authority, trust, etc... however if you have just backlinks with no anchor text attached to them, that is when Google will have to rely on your on-page factors to decide which keywords to rank your pages for.
    On-page SEO constitutes just a small portion of what goes into getting a site ranked.

Anchor text plays the role of letting the search engines know what keywords your page could potentially be ranked for. It is a must when building links.

sydzapp, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  6. bob25

bob25 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm just interested if the anchor text makes a difference in the number of links for that particular page for the SAME URL for DIFFERENT keywords.

keyword: dogs - links 52 url: yourdomain.com/page1.html
    keyword: dog training - links 212 url: yourdomain.com/page1.html

In SEOQuake it displays just one set of numbers (I think). In MarketSamurai it shows different numbers depending on the keyword. I never took notice before when NOT using MS.

Thanks

bob25, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  7. s.tranger

s.tranger Peon

Best Answers:
    Anchor text makes the most difference in linking. Anchored links are the best links you can get, as they tell the search engine which keywords to rank for.

s.tranger, Nov 20, 2010 IP