1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is Google base and how much effective for ecommerce website ?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by triderma, Nov 2, 2010.

i have one e commerce website . my friend told me you can do Google Base but how can i use . so my Question is What is Google base and how much this technique( Google base) would be effective for e commerce website ?

triderma, Nov 2, 2010 IP
  2. Smart Girl

Smart Girl Peon

Best Answers:
    About Google Base - Google Base Help: h t t p : //base.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=59260
    Google Base - Wikipedia: h t t p : //en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Base
    How Does Google Base Work: h t t p : //websearch.about.com/od/focusongoogle/a/googlebase.htm

Smart Girl, Nov 2, 2010 IP
  3. triderma

triderma Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Smart Girl,
    Thanks for providing Google Base Details.

triderma, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  4. nirajkum

nirajkum Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the link I was not aware of the same

nirajkum, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  5. zetronix

zetronix Peon

Best Answers:
    when you search for products to buy on google shopping your products show up there, search engines don't like displaying oscommerce pages on search results unless the search words implies that the user is searching for a product to buy. There are a lot of places like shopping.com, NextTag or CNET where you can list your items which are equivalent to google AdWords as they charge you per click though. But google base is free. You can import all your products by a text file or XML. I got a pretty descent amount of traffic from google base just by uploading the products once a month. Also free is the Bing shopping, TheFind.com and PriceWatch.com

zetronix, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  6. mahesh2010

mahesh2010 Guest

Best Answers:
    Google base is for showing our cart in google cart or google product listing this is one of the best seo practice to add our website to google base
    here is clear explaination

Google Base is an online database provided by Google into which any user can add almost any type of content, such as text, images, and structured information in formats such as XML, PDF, Excel, RTF, or WordPerfect. As of 2009, it is available to the public as a beta version and the user interface is available in English and German. If Google finds it relevant it may appear on its shopping search engine, Google Maps or even the web search. The piece of content can then be labeled with attributes like the ingredients for a recipe or the camera model for stock photography. Because information about the service was leaked before public release, it generated much interest in the information technology community prior to release. Google subsequently responded on their blog with an official statement:

"You may have seen stories today reporting on a new product that we're testing, and speculating about our plans. Here's what's really going on. We are testing a new way for content owners to submit their content to Google, which we hope will complement existing methods such as our web crawl and Google Sitemaps. We think it's an exciting product, and we'll let you know when there's more news."

A major component of Google Base is acting like a online classified ads service, such as Craigslist. However it has also been used for such items as protein structures, current events, real estate, recipes, people profiles, and more.

Files can be uploaded to the Google Base servers by browsing your computer or the web, by various FTP methods, or by API coding. Online tools are provided to view the number of downloads of the user's files, and other performance measures.

mahesh2010, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  7. xphunt3r

xphunt3r Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the thread I am also unaware with this

xphunt3r, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  8. splavik

splavik Active Member

Best Answers:
    google product search is probably responsible for 40% of my sales -i HIGHLY recommend it!

splavik, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  9. arwa

arwa Peon

Best Answers:
    yes :D, agree

arwa, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  10. myindiahub

myindiahub Member

Best Answers:
    Hello i have a online shopping portal and i want to add my product in Google product search please help me out how can do it. and i have around 5 lacks product collection and please guide also to do submit these product by Google Base API.

myindiahub, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  11. 00dacousin

00dacousin Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are following a cost leadership strategy then you must use it or you are missing out on sales, it is free and easy to setup, if you are selling unique products or products not offered by anyone else through Google base it is good as well people use it to compare prices but also to view lots of products in one place, for example a search for diamond ring will bring up lots of different rings people could be looking for the cheapest or the nicest. If on the other hand you are selling a generic good say 1 kg of salt and someone else is selling the same salt for half the price it wont do much for you.

00dacousin, Dec 15, 2010 IP
  12. sweetjunkie

sweetjunkie Guest

Best Answers:
    We use Google Base all the time and consider it so important that if it drops us from the front page results we lose both sales and sleep! Easy to set up but if things go wrong (and they can and do) forget about support. We recently had to change our feed from one user profile to another as the autofeed simply refused to do its thing. It's all OK now. Just remember, set your feed up with as much info as possible, it seems to like it, surprise surprise!

sweetjunkie, Dec 17, 2010 IP