1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Full adsense opt. reviews for free in DP here for today!!!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Laceygirl, Nov 17, 2010.

1. ScottScriver

ScottScriver Peon

Best Answers:
    Lacey -- I am referring to your "Rules"

ScottScriver, Nov 17, 2010 IP
  2. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I made an edit on my last post referring to what you said. Read above.

Laceygirl, Nov 17, 2010 IP
  3. Plato

Plato Active Member

Best Answers:
    I couldn't quite place my finger on some of the things you mentioned, but have a much easier path ahead.

Thanks so much again for your time in reviewing my site!

Plato, Nov 17, 2010 IP
  4. ScottScriver

ScottScriver Peon

Best Answers:
    I see -- and understand. I have been doing adsense since 2008. However, when I say "doing", I mean I just placed a few ads up and hoped for the best. Now, I am wanting to optimize as much as possible. We do about 120,000 pg views per day and it just seems that we should be doing better than we are on Adsense.

If you feel up to it -- leaguesecretary.com -- If not, I understand. But please know that I am one of the few that can take constructive criticism.

5. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The beginner don't have to money or best chance to make choices on paying for professional reviews. Our team should really head over to the service section of this forum and shell out $30 for a review it you feel that it can be optimized. A $30 fee would be nothing for what you would earn if it the adsense was optimized(pending it needs it) with 120,000pg views(how many UV visitors per day is that?).

I cannot. Its meant for the "little engines that could" types. Not established people. It only gets harder with how successful the site is because you have to dig really deep to find issues to make it better because it is established already.
    Well, start asking. What part?

6. ScottScriver

ScottScriver Peon

Best Answers:
    Mind if we take this to PM? I have no problem shelling out $$$ to have someone like you, who obviously knows what they are doing, provide some advice/feedback on Adsense.

7. RumpledElf

RumpledElf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You want a challenge? The site in my sig.

Traffic is steadily increasing and everything I do brings more people so SEO isnt an issue (other than I didn't put meta tags and alt tags on initially and I'm retrofitting them so a fair proportion of the pages are missing both). Currently averaging 3700 UV a day, 4500 pageviews and rising. I'm in the middle of adding a fairly substantial new navigation schema which will bring even more traffic but you won't find it on the site as its not finished yet. This section has a wide skyscraper on the right as it doesn't have the big right-side meta block the rest of the site has, I can PM you an example but I don't want google on it until I'm finished so won't post it in the forum. The new schema has introduced about 500 403'd pages which will take me a while to remove *sigh* Edit: I started this change 3 weeks ago and the traffic has gone up considerably in this time so I'm not being penalised for this

I used to have a wide skyscraper on the right instead of the meta blocks. It paid 20c a day. Now I have a small banner up top. It pays 20c a day. CTR is usually 0.0something. A smaller ad has a CTR of 0.00%. I don't want to make the site look spammy.

The header desperately needs reworking, currently thinking of making the top bit max 50 pixels high and putting a bar for ads under the alphabetic navigation header.

People who say they make $2 a day from 150 visitors a day annoy me when I make 20c from almost 4000.

RumpledElf, Nov 17, 2010 IP
  8. RumpledElf

Best Answers:
    Oh, is it an issue that I have another site that is making over $5 a day? Its just my old personal home page from 2003 that apparently ticks just enough boxes to earn decent money. Its not made for adsense no matter how you look at it :p

9. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My main competitor for myself is Disney and they are winning by 8,000 movies, and 1 million products. I'm all full for challanges. lol

On a direct note. There is not really even a point to review your site if you are re-designing the whole thing. I'll throw you a review a little later on. I'm busy on a project right at the moment.

Most are lying, but the fact that you make 20cents for 4000visitors is an issue that can be resolved. There's is something wrong with your site. I have an idea of what it could be.

10. mara2

mara2 Peon

Best Answers:
    mara2, Nov 17, 2010 IP
    Laceygirl likes this.
  11. RumpledElf

Best Answers:
    I'm not redesigning it, just adding an additional navigation system. You see browse by letter and theme up the top left? I'm adding a browse by rhyme and it is taking me a lot longer than I thought because there's so many rhyming sounds and I had to add a 'rhymes with' field to all the existing entries lol ... one of those self-inflicted one-off crazy ideas.

The ads target badly so noone clicks, that's the problem. The ads on some of the major alphabetical listing pages drop to relevant ads but the ones for individual pages or themes tend to be utterly useless. Sometimes I feel like using the adsense html tags to tell the adsense bots to ignore all my *content* and just read the whole-of-site meta tags.

12. Aleksandar Mitić

Aleksandar Mitić Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Trust me, it's very possible. I had a site that was earning a similar amount daily (more or less) with no more than 40-50 unique visitors, coming purely from SE's. No aggressive placements, no "unusual CTR", just nice pay per click. Content/Traffic relevancy matters a lot. You get that right, everybody's happy...

I'm sorry for "hijacking" your thread OP, you're doing a great job here by the way, keep up the good work and don't get too bored. :)

Aleksandar Mitić, Nov 17, 2010 IP
  13. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ooo, I'm tired but let's see here. there isn't much to work with here.
    Adsense
    -the top 428by60 banner is placed all stupid. Its almost touching your header text. Remove it, center your title and header wording and place a 728x90 image/text ad unit.
    -if you are feeling greedy ad a 728x15 link unit right under the alphabets match the background color of the link unit to the background gray you have there.
    -It won't hurt to add a another link unit the same size on the footer dead bottom of the side.
    After that you are toast. Of course like always make sure all ad units are using the multi-color palette.
    Yep, nothing else there.

Site things:
    -Think about adding an accient color to the this black,gray, and white. Its just too dull I'm thinking
    -Get a REAL logo not just words that say "simple online".
    -none of your images have "alt" titles. you need to work on getting that together.
    -Quit stealing content and completely write your articles yourself. Writing your own articles does not mean taking an article that was written and modifying a few words in it. (lol, yep saw that).

Anyway, there's no way for me to know what's causing your junky click rating. Head to your cpanel of your hosting and make sure that all of your traffic isn't coming from china, 3rd world countries, or Mars.
    Also you can check your backlinks and see if they are mostly bogus diff. language one's in which will explain your junky click rating.

Ok, I "chequed it" goodbye.......just kidding. lol
    What is to check, there is barely any adsense there at all.
    -add a 728by90 ad unit where you have that link unit. That link unit won't do much.
    -The link unit you have there should be at the footer.
    -make your search a google adsense search

onsite stuff.
    The site is in good shape here. Nice template works not too bad.
    -You need a banner and/or logo. simple text as a title just doesn't work unless you are a bigfry like wikipedia and they still have that world symbol thing.
    -In your description it says "cell(mobile)". Do not use () because they are bad to the google serp robot. Take it out
    -where is your urllist.txt file. The urllist.txt is yahoo's version of google sitemaps. You should use it because over 100 other search engines use it even through its copyrighted to yahoo. :)

this is all I got. I'm somewhatly tired but hey. It helps you enough!

Thanks. Just trying to help the public. Actually some nice individual gave me a donation which was a nice gesture and motivated me to go on for awhile longer than I expected.:)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
    RumpledElf likes this.
  14. RumpledElf

Best Answers:
    Definitely need to do the logo thing lol
    Actually about half the images have alts, half don't. I'm (obviously) halfway through putting alts and meta tags in.

Which entry did you hit that was too similar to something else? I've written all freakin 3000 of the definitions myself over a couple of years (I started this in about 2007 and moved across to the new domain in 2009) but some are so short they come awfully close to *any* dictionary/encyclopedia definition. The first ~400 entires will be word for word identical to the site they were forked from, give or take grammar corrections as they were added - I don't seriously need to change the first 400 do I?

15. search4india

search4india Peon

Best Answers:
    search4india, Nov 17, 2010 IP
  16. dmtaylor247

dmtaylor247 Guest

Best Answers:
    dmtaylor247, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  17. Asaf Biton

Asaf Biton Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Lacey (is that your name?) hehe...
    Anyways could you please review my site ; http://ilikeyou.tk/ ?
    Just take your time and don't rush for it !
    Keep up the great work !

P.S; Do you think such site can make a good amount of cash ?

Thanks a bunch ! :)

Asaf Biton, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  18. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, start alting them up. Its not really hard work.

If I recall the article was something about airplanes. That's IT. It was the dictionary that they were close to. The thing is if you don't do unique everywhere then your site will have a lower bar with PR and SEO. By going 95% unique or more you have the ability to raise that google bar and have a better fighting chance against the competitors. Wikipedia as a competitor? Don't bother, but maybe there's room for others anyway. Regardless this is your job. Your job is to go in the site, fix grammer, write it yourself, etc.

Here's your review. I've switched to giving out a zip so you'll need MSword now.
    Download Here.
    Enjoy!

I said I don't review blogs for the zillionth time.

Yes, That's my name, It means I am the Princess, leader, and controller of the world!(just kidding). I doubt there's HUGE money in your type of site, but meh.
    Here's your Review:
    ASAF

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
    Laceygirl, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  19. Asaf Biton

Asaf Biton Peon

Best Answers:
    Amazing ! thanks for reviewing !
    Just a note, google only allows 3 ads per page for my knowledge and you wrote there to ad 2 more ad units to the homepage. can I really do that ?
    And the site description under the navbar is actually a great idea!

Thanks a bunchh !!

Asaf Biton, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  20. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How dare you question me!!!. lol
    Google allows 3ad units, 2 adsense for search, and 3 link units on one page!

Laceygirl, Nov 18, 2010 IP