1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How affective is Google Analytics

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by hkwil, Nov 11, 2010.

I have several websites linked up to the Google Analytics service to track visitors, most of my sites are wordpress blogs which also use a stat plugin that notes each visitor.

Anyway, I looked at the information that Google Analytics gave on y sites and they numbers were far lower than the figures give by the stat plugin. I was wondering whether Google Analytics was missing some visitors, or whether it only picks up on certain visitors?

hkwil, Nov 11, 2010 IP
  2. adisolutions

adisolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i believe they count all the users

adisolutions, Nov 11, 2010 IP
  3. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google gives a more accurate report on genuine human visitors. Other types of tracking may track bots, that have hit the server without calling up a page, which GA doesn't, or count dynamic ips as several visitors which GA doesn't because it drops cookies. I've said it several times before, and I can see I'm going to be repeating ad nauseum...
    Resist the temptation to believe that GA must be wrong because another tracking method is giving you a reassuringly large figure, the smaller figure is more likely to be a correct indication of genuine human traffic.

magda, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  4. hkwil

hkwil Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you Magda, sorry for making you repeat yourself, but you have cleared up a big question mark above my head. Not the answer I was looking for, as my site is now taking half the views that I first thought :(

Thx again.

hkwil, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  5. SearchFreak

SearchFreak Peon

Best Answers:
    As long as your Google Analytic tracking code is set up properly Google will be tracking 100% of your sites traffic. Forget about the statcounter, they are junk. Google has spent millions of dollars developing Analytics, it is the proven and undisputed #1 analytics tool, nothing beats or even comes close.

SearchFreak, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  6. joesmith1608

joesmith1608 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google analytics more helpful in traffic .it give analysis about all source of traffic .If anyone able to understand its graph .
    It give all visitors from all resources like from search engines,browsers,keywords,sites etc.

joesmith1608, Nov 13, 2010 IP
  7. DaMan92

DaMan92 Peon

Best Answers:
    Recently the folks at Google Analytics rolled out some new features in the form of Advanced Segmentation and Custom Reporting. It is still in beta and being released to accounts over the last few weeks; yours truly just got access last week – so let’s look at some potential metrics and reporting that we can do in line with our SEO programs.

DaMan92, Nov 13, 2010 IP
  8. teena2seo

teena2seo Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been using Google Analytics for 2 years now, it's been pretty helpful but I also notice that it shows a different result from the others. This is common of course since each has its own view of how they should track website traffic. It's up to you how you want to treat your data.

teena2seo, Nov 13, 2010 IP
  9. Webwaster

Webwaster Peon

Best Answers:
    It has been very helpful.

The only thing about it is that it will not tell you how much time someone spent on your web page, if they have only visited 1 web page on your site.

Which is kind of fair, because it could also mean that the person isn't reading the page for 24 hours straight, but simply left it open in the browser. I think that's understandable.

Still, it'd be amazing if they had something like... paying attention to mouse movement, or other browsing actions, typing text, etc... that could tell analytics that "ok, this person is still using this page", but I imagine that would introduce all types of complexities.

There is also a growing number of analytics tools out there that allow you to see live "video" sessions of your traffic, where you can actually see how people move their mouse cursor on your page, and how they use the scroll bar. Pretty neat, purposeful for when you want to optimize user experience on your site.

Webwaster, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  10. edcampbill

edcampbill Peon

Best Answers:
    It is so important to monitor the statistics of your website, on what page they visited most and to count the daily visit of your site.

edcampbill, Nov 16, 2010 IP
  11. ferd

ferd Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a tool to measure your website's performance.

ferd, Nov 16, 2010 IP
  12. strikeoneads

strikeoneads Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi this is good post here for information about seo

strikeoneads, Nov 16, 2010 IP
  13. seo.raj

seo.raj Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to check that Google Analytic tracking well or not. You can made click by some different places to your friends . After that you can check Google is tracking well or not.

seo.raj, Nov 16, 2010 IP
  14. skyrocket

skyrocket Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks for sharing information

skyrocket, Nov 17, 2010 IP
  15. epicninja

epicninja Peon

Best Answers:
    My personal opinion is that Google Analytics is super affective in several different ways such as design, SEO & bid decisions you have to make for your website.

epicninja, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  16. teamaguilar

teamaguilar Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah there are few notable open source analytics but nothing can match google analytics as of yet.

teamaguilar, Nov 19, 2010 IP
  17. anujG

anujG Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've said it several times before, and I can see I'm going to be repeating ad nauseum...

anujG, Nov 19, 2010 IP
  18. modrewgnu

modrewgnu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google analytics is the premier stat tracker available in my opinion.

modrewgnu, Nov 19, 2010 IP
  19. satguy

satguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use AWstats,, and think it is best.. I also use GA and the results never match up,, GA is normaly 100 or so under what AW tells..

satguy, Nov 19, 2010 IP
  20. rockydc

rockydc Member

Best Answers:
    Google Analytics is awesome for any website. It calculates all of your visitors, pageviews etc

rockydc, Nov 21, 2010 IP