1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Excel 2004

Discussion in 'Bing' started by dottylou, Nov 15, 2010.

Hi there

I hope somebody can help me please!

Since receiving a Microsoft Office update this morning, I am now unable to open certain spreadsheets in Excel. They were fine before this update so can only assume something is in the update that doesn't agree with the spreadsheets.

Is there any way to solve this issue, or take the update back? Have even gone to my back up files and still can't open those files.

Please help!

Many thanks

dottylou, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  2. dottylou

dottylou Member

Best Answers:
    Forgot to mention its Mac version!

dottylou, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  3. ActiveFrost

ActiveFrost Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried asking this question on Mac related forums ? I doubt anyone will be able to help you with this here.

ActiveFrost, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  4. moneyman122

moneyman122 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I thought Mac was invincible and all was right with the world with no screw ups?

moneyman122, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  5. Mioni Krakel

Mioni Krakel Peon

Best Answers:
    Mac do not use native MS Excel, it's in fact a converted version. Some functions are just not the same. Like how dates are handled, numbered and laid out. Google on the date function and see how the Excel Mac version differs from the PC version. I would never, never, ever handle anything important or busuiness wise in Excel on a Mac, because it's two totally different programs, and with calculations being very precious, I can't have that go wrong. Open a Word file or som toher shit,, no one is ever going to car eif the margin is off by 0.25, but if calculations are wrong in Excel - boy are you in trouble!

Mioni Krakel, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  6. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm no book worm but just switch to Open Office .

ApocalypseXL, Nov 16, 2010 IP
  7. Seo Vigor

Seo Vigor Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you to go for softwares related discussion forum

Seo Vigor, Nov 16, 2010 IP
  8. teamaguilar

teamaguilar Peon

Best Answers:
    Wrong section mate..

teamaguilar, Nov 19, 2010 IP
  9. pendayalasandeep

pendayalasandeep Peon

Best Answers:
    Print this page if you want to use it as a reference when you are offline.

Quit any applications that are running, including all Office applications, Microsoft Messenger, and Office Notifications, because they might interfere with installation.

Make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements.

Click Download, or click the link for the language version that you want.

Follow the instructions on the screen to save the file to your hard disk. If you are using Safari, the downloaded file is saved to the desktop unless you specified a different location in the Preferences dialog box of Safari. To check your preferences, on the Safari menu, click Preferences, and then click General.

Double-click the file you downloaded in step 5 to place the Office 2004 11.4.1 Update volume on your desktop, and then double-click the Office 2004 11.4.1 Update volume to open it. This step might have been performed for you.

In the Office 2004 11.4.1 Update volume window, double-click the Office 2004 11.4.1 Update application to start the update process, and then follow the instructions on the screen.

If the installation finishes successfully, you can remove the update installer from your hard disk. To verify that the installation finished successfully, see the Updated files section of the Read Me file included with this update. To remove the update installer, first drag the Office 2004 11.4.1 Update volume to the Trash, and then drag the file you downloaded to the Trash.his update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate, an application that can automatically keep your Microsoft software up to date. To use AutoUpdate, open an Office application, and then on the Help menu, click Check for Updates.

pendayalasandeep, Jan 4, 2011 IP