1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Got scammed, Will paypal help me ?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by coldcoder, Nov 10, 2010.

1. LilithX

LilithX Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I came across this advice that seems like it would limit the problem with digital goods when dealing with paypal:

1. Only accept payments that are classified as "Goods: Non-Auction" (This protects you from the liability of providing a service)

2. The person you are dealing with MUST have a confirmed shipping address with Paypal

3. Mail a letter with a tracking code or a physical CD w/ tracking (If you mail a letter you can put the details of the transaction and perhaps a password to access the digital good) If your transaction amount is over $500 then send CERTIFIED mail to your customer's CONFIRMED address.

If they refuse any of this, refund them promptly. If they file a dispute after you've done the above. You can state the "Goods: Non-Auction" item was shipped, tracked and delivered to the customer's confirmed address and you should win the dispute everytime.

Hope this helps.

LilithX, Nov 13, 2010 IP
  2. virtualfaqs

virtualfaqs Peon

Best Answers:
    This works, but not foolproof. A good scammer can still beat this method.

virtualfaqs, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  3. LilithX

LilithX Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Probably - Another option would be e-junkie. At least you get your money and then e-junkie is the one who deals with the scammer =)

LilithX, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  4. virtualfaqs

virtualfaqs Peon

Best Answers:
    This is interesting. Checking them out now. How do they secure "codes"? They don't know if it's legit or not. I'll have to look into it more.

virtualfaqs, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  5. LilithX

LilithX Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Other options I've found are: Payloadz, bytecommerce, Zipidee, Cerizmo, Digital Content Center..

LilithX, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  6. prettybomb2008

prettybomb2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it is much better next time to deal with person here who is reliable and has good or positive i trader and you can also give negative itrader for them. I do hope DP will do something about this scammers here in DP

prettybomb2008, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  7. virtualfaqs

virtualfaqs Peon

Best Answers:
    But how do these sites resolve disputes over virtual items? That's what I'm curious about. It's very difficult to determine who is lying between a new buyer and new seller.

virtualfaqs, Nov 16, 2010 IP
  8. LilithX

LilithX Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That depends on what the dispute is about. If they claim the item was never delivered. The company who may have a solid reputation can confirm an item was delivered w/ proof. They tend to have more of a say than an individual. You'll have to go through each one and read their policy regarding how they protect their customers from fraudulent activity. If you're still unclear, you can always send them an e-mail for clarification.

LilithX, Nov 16, 2010 IP
  9. jasonbdavis

jasonbdavis Peon

Best Answers:
    Paypal always gives the money back NO MATTER WHAT. It's unfortunate and it might take up to 60+ days to get it back to the purchaser but 1 complaint and PP gives it back.

jasonbdavis, Nov 16, 2010 IP
  10. virtualfaqs

virtualfaqs Peon

Best Answers:
    No it's not 100%. If you mention virtual goods, most likely you won't be getting your money back. PayPal tends to stay out of virtual goods disputes. Although I've heard rumors of digital goods protection changes, I've yet to see any proof.

Another thing to worry about is even if you win your dispute, you may not get your money back through PayPal. If the seller has already withdrawn your money, then you will not be compensated unless the seller repays that amount. So always better off filing a chargeback.

virtualfaqs, Nov 17, 2010 IP
  11. LilithX

LilithX Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No, they don't always give it back. I complained for about a month and they said there was nothing they can do even with PROOF. They didn't even talk to the other person to see if they would refute the evidence I put forth. It's like paypal didn't care and I had a solid 100% Positive history for at least 5 years with them. This is because their policy stated that there is no protection against selling digital goods but of course I read that after the fact so essentially it was my fault but still crappy.

LilithX, Nov 17, 2010 IP
  12. kuttykraze

kuttykraze Peon

Best Answers:
    My views are that 90% your payment wont be reversed, It happened to me a lot.

kuttykraze, Nov 19, 2010 IP
  13. sunbros

sunbros Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think paypal will help you, i think still you should try calling them and explain your situation

sunbros, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  14. LilithX

LilithX Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    oh, calling doesn't really help either..Just learn from this situation.

LilithX, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  15. JROB

JROB Member

Best Answers:
    Happened to me paypal knew it before me

JROB, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  16. JROB

JROB Member

Best Answers:
    They worked with my bank and got it straight

JROB, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  17. cartwbb

cartwbb Peon

Best Answers:
    the problem with me is i am new and can't use the forum to tell everyone about this p@#!k! so i have been patient so i won't be going near ContentConnections again he still has stuff for sale, he made some remark about how good he was after i said is this the way you treat everyone. What i can't understand is all he needs do is supply the articles, which will probably be crap, so either he is a full blown scammer this ContentConnections person or he is just stupid and doesn't know how to write the articles he is advertising.
    so if you are looking for articles i would stay clear of ContentConnections for sure. so if any of you kind souls could lend a hand and put a comment in the buy sell exchange forum about contentconnections not delivering. would be great
    thanks if anyone else has had dealings with this person let me know how you got on.

cartwbb, Nov 25, 2010 IP
  18. cathaylist.com

cathaylist.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I faced the situation few months ago. Some one buy our ads and after a week, we got a email from paypal as you did. Then they just refund it with a reply to us that they are sorry but they refund to the buyer. Paypal regards the transcation was not done by the buyer.

It's funny to me that someone will steal the buyer's account to buy a 5 USD dollars ads.

It's said that if you are not a American seller, paypal prefers to stand on buyer's side no matter who the buyers might be.
    I am not sure if the rumor is true or not.

cathaylist.com, Nov 26, 2010 IP
  19. LilithX

LilithX Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Here's another goodie for selling digital content and they are 100% FREE: www.Oronjo.com

They also have a wordpress plugin you can integrate into your site.

LilithX, Nov 26, 2010 IP