1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[help] problem in site width

Discussion in 'CSS' started by gyahoo, Nov 14, 2010.

hello.. there is a css problem in the site..
    its a mp3 site.
    it shows the site width up to the "download" link and have to scroll forwards to get the "embed" option show up.. but it should be moved to left to get the site width fixed.. how to do that.. (see the second image to see the bug)

image 1

image 2

gyahoo, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  2. GWiz

GWiz Peon

Best Answers:
    It would be ideal if you could either provide a link to the site so we could see the code, or provide us with the HTML and CSS here.

GWiz, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  3. gyahoo

gyahoo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    View attachment CSS Style.zip
    here is the attached CSS file and the site is musichell.com, it happens when you search any song (on the results page)

gyahoo, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  4. GWiz

GWiz Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem is actually simple. You have a left-aligned website with a big gap on the left, which is pushing the entire site to the right. If you remove this gap and simply center the website, it will fix the problem.

First replace the contents of #container with this:

#container {
    margin:auto;
    width:960px;
    }

HTML:
    And secondly change your .results to this:

.results {
    margin:0 auto 30px;
    width:960px;
    }

HTML:

GWiz, Nov 14, 2010 IP
    gyahoo likes this.
  5. gyahoo

gyahoo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it solved that problem, but now another problem... the top black bar that was besides the "search and listen mp3s" disappeared.. and the logo goes besides the search bar on the results page :(
    [​IMG]

gyahoo, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  6. GWiz

GWiz Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not sure why you black black has disappeared, but you may of accidentally removed the HTML for it since I don't see it in your source code. (Try comparing old versions of your files to see if something was removed) It appears though you've removed the styling for your #top element. You can add a #top { background:#000; height:??px; } to make it black; make sure to set a height.

As for the position of the "Search & Listen..." and the MusicHell.com image. It seems that it has to do with your HTML for that element. It's inside #top > #top_content_left. Since I don't know where and how this is suposed to appear, I cannot give you better advice than to play around with the html and consider placing the #top_content_left block inside the #container div so that it moves along with your site.

Another suggestion I can make is to try to add a float:left; to your #container. Other than that, I can't be of much more help.

GWiz, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  7. gyahoo

gyahoo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes,, i have successfully done after many tries..
    changed your codes slightly and it worked :)

thaks dude.. without you it was never possible! thanks again! ;)

gyahoo, Nov 14, 2010 IP