1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

RANT: I am Sick of SEO Guys From DP Forum. The SEO Industry is Being Ruined!!!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by smallbusinessguy, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Cabrelle

Cabrelle Active Member

Best Answers:
    I understand your rant. However, it's the buyers job to research the person they are buying SEO services from. I look through multiple threads before I make decisions regarding directory submission, link building, etc. In addition to taking price into consideration I also look at itraders, previous topics created by the user, if they have a company website, and the overall quality of the service.

Cabrelle, Nov 13, 2010 IP
  2. BacklinkingNOW

BacklinkingNOW Peon

Best Answers:
    Amen, brother.

BacklinkingNOW, Nov 13, 2010 IP
  3. Barre Tire

Barre Tire Peon

Best Answers:
    I love the posts from someone that has 5 posts and joined yesterday that ask things like "how do I get backlinks" Or " How do I do SEO" then in the same posters signature they are advertising they do SEO services.. Just stipid in my book. But if someone hires this person then they must not have very much smarts themselves you know what I am saying.

Barre Tire, Nov 13, 2010 IP
    sameer_reddy and KW802 like this.
  4. sameer_reddy

sameer_reddy Peon

Best Answers:
    That is an excellent background check.... However do you think only companies can be found here? I think there are more qualified freelancers than companies. It's usually companies who provide SEo services with no knowledge about it. maybe they will be a design company. When they heard that there are big dollars to be made in SEO, the start that service as well

sameer_reddy, Nov 13, 2010 IP
  5. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Don't share this link with anyone. This is our secret :D

http://static.googleusercontent.com.../search-engine-optimization-starter-guide.pdf

Many of the SEOs are publishing or doing AM. It doesn't make sense to charge 1000$ when you can make a lot more working on your own sites.

bogart, Nov 13, 2010 IP
  6. mohanpic

mohanpic Peon

Best Answers:
    Lol salute for you for starting such a nice thread and initiative . I am not SEO expert but Offer small services . On DP I am always shocked when I notice a second reply after my post and service provider says that he can do same task for 50% amount I offered to client . My bad luck - that most of them are from my neighbor countries [Asian Continent ] .

Can you just imagine that someone is doing 2k manual directory submission for just $10 bucks and noobs also buying it . Dude give the space and imagine that how much time you will need to just open 2k directories manually . I wont even visit 2k website properly for $10 .

mohanpic, Nov 13, 2010 IP
  7. sameer_reddy

sameer_reddy Peon

Best Answers:
    I think people are either dumb or act dumb. How can people possible do manual submission for that much amount? its clear that they are using some sort of softwares.

I think this thread should serve as a guide to all people looking to scam others with so called EXPERT SEO SERVICES.

I am one of the reviewers for the OP's SEO service. So we will see his authenticity as well shortly. Till now I am impressed. But normally scammers impress us at first and then take off. No personal attacks here smallbusinessguy. I just generalized. I hope you stick true to your promises.

Another trend I see seo gurus providing is proof on completion tactic. They make use of peoples fear. What they do is ask someone to pay only when tehy reach some milestone. The problem is teh milestones might be too easy to reach at first. Say I quote 1000$ for a project and ask for 25% when it reaches page 2 which might be pretty easy. Its easy 250$ for maybe 10-20$ spending

sameer_reddy, Nov 13, 2010 IP
  8. globegenius

globegenius Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very true. Why give all your years of research and experience away? If you know what you are doing you can be on the first page of Google search in one day. More like 3-4 hours.

globegenius, Nov 13, 2010 IP
  9. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well, for starters, thankfully there are posters on DP (I try to be one such) who are also interested in helping out a brother (or sister).

Jim4767, Nov 13, 2010 IP
  10. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    Buyer beware, guys, Buyer beware. Or 'Caveat Emptor' for the more literate among you.

contentboss, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  11. ibanezgrx1

ibanezgrx1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Couldn't agree more. I am not around DP for long (only 5 months) and I am annoyed too. I saw a member's signature telling he is tired of these SEO service providers :p . The other day someone from DP pops out in my IM saying he can provide me quality SEO service(I've never stated anywhere in DP that I need SEO) I found that funny and asked him some basic SEO stuff but it turned out that he can barely speak English !!!!

ibanezgrx1, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  12. letsmein

letsmein Active Member

Best Answers:
    So what is the solution? I agree with you. This is really a problem but please come out some solutions also.

letsmein, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  13. pri2sh

pri2sh Active Member

Best Answers:
    specially beware of word like "Guarantee top ranking in google " ,

pri2sh, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  14. bigitaboss

bigitaboss Peon

Best Answers:
    "Guarantee top ranking in google" with black hat SEO !

bigitaboss, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  15. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good points, SEO is a new field, and ignorance is bliss to those who can a simple Google search, which is why I always recommend knowing the basics of a service before hiring someone to do it, that way you can guage whether it would be better off outsourcing or doing it yourself

golfpro1, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  16. smallbusinessguy

smallbusinessguy Peon

Best Answers:
    Just use your common sense.... Take a round of interview if you can. That is what sameer here did with me... You could also ask for references of live projects

smallbusinessguy, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  17. springer

springer Peon

Best Answers:
    What a great post I have been reading this forum and am new as well, you are right there are a lot of people on here offering bad advice and the usual spam blogs and forums as the first response, but I do see some good posts also.
    As for your client they only have themselves to blame, if you were doing a good job they shouldn't have gone looking for someone cheaper, and if they did have to pick someone cheaper they should have looked into what results the new company would do for them. When people talk to me about prices I always remind them that the money they are making now from their site is more than it was before I started and the difference is much greater than the price they are paying me.

springer, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  18. globegenius

globegenius Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is lots of help here if people would read. Some want some miracle seo to be given to them. Professionals should charge for their services. Lots of self proclaimed experts here that can not even get on the first page of search results. Best seo tip. Spend time reading Google webmaster tools. Also Google does not approve of buying links and your site could be punished for it. They approve of natural links. Look how many people sell links on DP.

globegenius, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  19. springer

springer Peon

Best Answers:
    Well Said!

springer, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  20. skabt

skabt Banned

Best Answers:
    Not only money they scam, time to ... i lose a lot of time here, i believe my time is much more important then money :)

skabt, Nov 14, 2010 IP