1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best SEO tips

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by fancymouj, Nov 12, 2010.

hello friends

here best Six tips on SEO .

Here are six simple SEO tips that can have a big impact on your website. Try them today.

1) Make sure all of your pages have a unique title and description meta tag. Also make sure that the keywords for the page are included in both of these tags. This is one simple change that can really make a big difference on your search engine placement.

2) Use consistent keyword focused links between your own web pages. When linking from one page to another within your site make sure that the link text contains the keywords for the page you are linking to. If you can use the title for that page then that is ideal. Don't use words like "Click here".

3) Go for quality links to your website. Avoid the temptation to list your site on every directory you can find. Concentrate on getting links from quality sites that already have a good standing with the search engines. Also avoid link farms or link partnering schemes. Ultimately the value of these links is usually low and the search engines don't like it.

4) Write some articles about your type of business and submit then to the article submission sites. Make sure you include your website address in the "About the Author" section of your article. People are always looking for content for their websites, so your article (if it's interesting and relevant) will get picked up and published on other sites ensuring you links back to your site.

5) Join newsgroups and forums for your business community. Participate actively in these groups and offer valuable input. People will soon see you as an authority and they may well link to your website. If you include your website address in your signature text for your posts then you will also get links from all your posts.

6) Check your site frequently for broken links. The search engines hate sites with broken links. Not only can they not index your site properly but it also suggests that the website is not being properly maintained and so they might not want to send traffic to you. There is lots of software on the market for checking your site. Google's Webmaster free service will tell you if it finds any broken links.

fancymouj, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  2. cpscentral

cpscentral Peon

Best Answers:
    Those might be the most basic tips... but at the same time... those are the same tips we all overlook once we're all caught up with other aspects of managing the site :) Forums do work wonders, especially when you start building a following.

cpscentral, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  3. JimBoom

JimBoom Peon

Best Answers:
    Good tips, certainly the starting point for any web promotion effort. On the subject of broken links, everyone should take a look at a free tool called Xenu. It's a free download and gives you really amazing reports on your site, organized in a way to help you deal with broken links. Great for large sites.

JimBoom, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  4. fancymouj

fancymouj Peon

Best Answers:
    yes mate its a Great for large site ...

5. cpscentral

cpscentral Peon

Best Answers:
    There's also LinkExaminer... I was using it along with Xenu. I forgot what it has that Xenu didn't... but one of the better aspect of Xenu is also the sitemap generated in its report that you can quickly transfer into a XML file.

cpscentral, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  6. talenta

talenta Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    nice i am waiting to next tutorial step by step

talenta, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  7. cwindham

cwindham Peon

Best Answers:
    I appreciate the post. I have been doing research today about SEO and you nailed the really good basic tips. I am just now trying to decide if I should create my own pages or use wordpress....

cwindham, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  8. moriswatson

moriswatson Peon

Best Answers:
    WOW, very nice tips. Thanks you so much buddy. You really did a great job. I will also share these nice tips with my friends.

Thumbs up:)

moriswatson, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  9. Philoon

Philoon Peon

Best Answers:
    The meta description isn't actually used in determining ranks, at least not in Google. It's a great way to draw in potential visitors, but it has no SEO effect.

Philoon, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  10. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    contentboss, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  11. CreativeArmory

CreativeArmory Peon

Best Answers:
    What about claims that google actually punishes sites that are obviously search engine optimized. Do we need to worry about that or is it just rumor?

CreativeArmory, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  12. csbutler3

csbutler3 Peon

Best Answers:
    @Creative That's just a rumor. As long as you dont do anything that Google doesn't like (e.g. invisible text) then you will be fine.

If I may also add to these tips you have to learn how to get backlinks on pages with actual pr on them if you ever hope to compete in a competitive niche or against authority sites.

csbutler3, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  13. Matt K

Matt K Guest

Best Answers:
    Isn’t the Google Rank in some ways a determinate of how many visitors come to your site?

Matt K, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  14. magicwillow

magicwillow Peon

Best Answers:
    Great tips, thanks for sharing :)

magicwillow, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  15. sinuwun

sinuwun Member

Best Answers:
    Nice sharing, thanks...

sinuwun, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  16. seoamit04

seoamit04 Peon

Best Answers:
    Really your tips is helpful, Nice job........keep it up

seoamit04, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  17. rimple

rimple Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello friend,

Nice tips of SEO.thanks

rimple, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  18. smallbusinessguy

smallbusinessguy Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't stress so much on the description tag. They are not used for rankings. Just to inform the readers what the site is about. Even if you leave it blank Google will figure pout a snippet for you which is more than enough

smallbusinessguy, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  19. fancymouj

fancymouj Peon

Best Answers:

Thanks friends ..