1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Promote Best Seller in Travel Niche

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Sickthing, Nov 12, 2010.

My product is Philippines Experience -- Basic Expat Training Manual.

The affiliate page is at http://expatmanual.com/affiliates.html

It pays 50%

It has reached number one best selling Travel Product within Asia in less than two months.

It is currently in position 9 in the over all travel niche.

• I have banners.
    • I have content. Articles from my related blog that you can use to promote this product.
    • I even give you my pitch page.
    • There is a help desk.
    • There is an email list that you have the OPTION of joining. I offer real tips on promoting my product and alert affiliates of new banners, content and other information related to the product.

I released it $19.95 but have increased the price to $27.

If you have any questions, contact me. Email address is provided on the page.
    If I can help you in anyway, let me know.
    If you have suggestions on how to improve what I offer to affiliates or to help you increase sales, I'm all ears.

The affiliate page is at http://expatmanual.com/affiliates.html

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
    Sickthing, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  2. centarec

centarec Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, but this website looks like Ultimate Guide to Prostitution in Philippines. Even the pictures you have used tell the same thing.

centarec, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  3. lqbk

lqbk Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL!
    Why would people suddenly want to live there?
    What type of keywords do you expect affiliate to target? find girls in phi ?
    50% commission? You are selling ebook not a software that needs tech support.
    What is best seller? I dont understand it... What's your gravity?
    And there are a lot more questions .... I can't list all of them here.

Can you answer my questions before asking others to promote your product?

lqbk, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  4. Sickthing

Sickthing Peon

Best Answers:
  5. Sickthing

Sickthing Peon

Best Answers:
    My eBook does not cover prostitution at all. The pictures are me with my very conservative girlfriend.

6. Sickthing

Sickthing Peon

Best Answers:
    gravity is 2.5ish

Its not about getting people interested in moving there. There already thousands living here and many more thousands that would like too.

It is targeted at a group of men that want to live here, like me. Most don't know how to do it. I delayed my visit for around two years because I didn't know how to make it happen. This book is written for those people.

It certainly is not as big as the IM niche but I'm not targeting those people.

It didn't get into CB's top ten for travel and number one for Asia because there is a lack of interest.

7. centarec

centarec Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmm...where do I start...

Conservative? Do the banners you have in your affiliate section look conservative to you? Man and the picture with the 2 girls do not look very conservative. Even you username 'Sickthing' does not tell conservative to me. :)

Next, I would not brag about being number 1 in some category with gravity of only 2.

Finally, offering commission of only 50% will not work with affiliates.

centarec, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  8. Sickthing

Sickthing Peon

Best Answers:
    Centarec,

If you'd like to promote my ebook you're welcome to do so.

If not, feel free to continue as you are now.

9. lqbk

lqbk Peon

Best Answers:

ok... Even though i feel that it is quite difficult to earn money by selling your e-book as i think the keyword search volume is low? But... I can see you have put in effort in your product. all the best

lqbk, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  10. Iwind

Iwind Active Member

Best Answers:
    Promote it on one of my sites, no sales yet but it's only been up for two days, it'll be targeted traffic you'll get from there so hopefully it converts well

Iwind, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  11. Iwind

Iwind Active Member

Best Answers:
    And Philippines is an awesome place to live btw, making good money online and spending it here where everything is extremely cheap. Warm climate, cheap beer, beautiful girls :)

Iwind, Nov 12, 2010 IP
    Sickthing likes this.
  12. Sickthing

Sickthing Peon

Best Answers:
    Living in The Philippines 9900 per month (difficult to break into but I'm on page one with my blog) Not with my pitch page of course.
    Moving to the Philippines is much lower than I would have expected at 1300 per month
    Living in Cebu is one I go after on my blog http://cebuexperience.com which gets about 8000 unigue a month.

I use to target Moving... Not so much any more. That was before I knew not to trust my instincts

I'm not suggesting someone not in the niche go after it. I would suggest it for people in the niche. People that are actively blogging. Most are struggling to make anything in the nche. I know one well established expat with 50 products and he's earning 1000's a month. This niche is what I know, so it is what I have a product on.

I gave up a year ago but plunged back in because the US dollar crashing. Nearly gave up again 2 months ago but things are looking very good for me right now. I'll be earning a grand a month by next month. When you're living on a pension that is awesome money.

Also the cost of living the Philippines is extremely low. I have a four bedroom home, huge for less than $300 a month with the beach half a mile from my home.

I just got back from the disco, being a 51 year old guy, overweight and having many of the girls dancing in front of my table trying to get my attention. I took five with me so I was already busy. Four of them were friends but it is still fun.

An AWESOME way to spend your retirement.

It is not a huge niche but the people that are interested in it are very interested

One minor correction, I do mention the prostitution hub in my book. That is angeles city. I've never been there. 1000's of men go every month. I wrote about a paragraph on it. Filipina are very conservative for the most part. It took me forever to figure out how to talk to them without pissing them off. They will say "I'm not like those other girls, I'm not interested in your money." I was like what? I never offered you any money.

You can't flirt with them to test the water like one might do with an American girl. The Philippines is all about respect. So even if a girl is flirting with "you" you can't flirt back. And never ever use the word "flirt."

I'm not here to sell the book, I'm here to let people know that are interested in the niche that I have the product.

A lot of post here from people that have no clue what they are talking about.. I appreciate you asking a serious question. So you got a serious answer. :)

Come join us someday, in the Philippines. As one commenter said, it is an awesome place to live but it is NOT forever one. I spend a lot of time in my book warning people of the problems. So many come here and have heard nothing but hype. Then they endure a day without electricity, have some Filipina scam them blind and leave the country hating it. My book is invaluable in that regard.

Man has my life improved by taking the chance and running away from home. :) The Philippines is my home now. I refer to the USA as the States and the Philippines as home.

13. Iwind

Iwind Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not all the girls here are that conservative, I do flirt back all the time, but it's different here than in Europe and US for sure yeah. I also live in Cebu, Mactan island, and really love it here. Good luck with your E-Book and Clickbank.

Iwind, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  14. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Cool, so this is for a very small niche audience interested in living in phillipines. It can do well with a nice presell.

You didn't list any kind of keywords on your affiliate page. We surely can guess them but for this small niche, it'd be hard to. Do it so a few interested people can jump on this little niche.

jacky8, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  15. Sickthing

Sickthing Peon

Best Answers:
    Iwind, it does depend on where you are. I haven't been to a bikini bar, I'm sure that would be different.

Makati would be different I suspect.

First thing I learned about the PI was to never apply knowledge from one location to the entire country. It might be accurate but it might not be.

Sickthing, Nov 13, 2010 IP
  16. Sickthing

Sickthing Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Jacky, thanks for the suggestion. I have them in the affiliate kit one can download. I will double check what I have there as I did it two months ago and now I've learned a lot.

I'm not an Adwords marketer. I didn't take that into account before. My first product, I'm learning. So I'm thinking of bumping up the affiliate commission to 75%. Though advertising with AdWords is pretty cheap in the niche. I have done it on a very small budget just for traffic to my site but never did it seriously. I might give that a whirl again for myself. With the low cost in the niche, I should probably do it.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Sickthing, Nov 13, 2010 IP
  17. Sickthing

Sickthing Peon

Best Answers:
    This product is now at number five on Clickbank for travel related products and number one for Asia.

Link is here

Gravity has improved to 3.24.

Sickthing, Nov 19, 2010 IP