1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$50 Header + $50 Book Cover Contests - Possible Bonus Money

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by DuaneZ, Oct 31, 2010.

Hi All Designers!

I'm in need of an Website Header and Ebook cover. This contest will pay $50 for each design ($100 total). I will give the contest an end date of November 7th (assuming there are designs I like).

If you absolutely BLOW ME AWAY with both of your designs, I will offer another $25 as a bonus to the overall winner.

Payment is via PayPal only.

I will provide EXCELLENT daily feedback. Plus, if the winning designer(s) really impress me, I have many more projects in the works in the form of website headers, Ebook covers and logos for Facebook pages.

I want all designs to be placed into the reply posts (please do not PM your designs directly to me). This is to allow everyone to benefit from my daily feedback for each design. You will then be able to apply changes based on my feedback of your work and the feedback of others work.

I have not selected colors, fonts for the Header or Book Cover, so be creative. The whole purpose of this ebook is to keep parents calm and organized while planning and hosting the ULTIMATE Jungle or Safari Party.

The domain for the website header is JunglePartySupplies dot org.

The photos on the site can not be used as they are photos from my affiliate and do not fit in with the illustrative style I am looking for.

THE HEADER:

Here is the Illustrative style I would like you to follow (click the link to see a header from a website I came across on the web): http://stoodeo.com/

The header should be no more than 210 px tall and 920 px wide but should allow scaling/cropping if needed and be provided in PSD format.

I want the same style to be followed with an illustrative look. I would like a similar lady as shown in the header in front of a computer. In the text cloud / thought balloon I would like "What a Great Birthday". I want the background to be in the form of a jungle party theme (rather than the buildings as shown) maybe with a child swinging on a vine and a monkey in the trees.

Be very creative with this and take into consideration the site will have a search box and RSS icon in the header area as shown on my site (see link below) that is provided through the Flexibility theme I use.

THE Ebook:

The title of the Ebook is: Jungle Birthday Parties: Your Planning Survival Guide

The Author of the Ebook: Anne Edwards

This is a book to help those wanting to plan the best Jungle Birthday Party while keeping focus on the budget and time line. The same type of illustration style and character should be used as in the website header above.

The Ebook cover must be provided as an PSD image that I can use on the Ebook PDF, as well as the image of it's likeness as a real book that appears as a guide rather than a thick book. I need it to scale well from thumbnail to 8.5" width x 11" tall.

Please do not use artwork or other assets that are not royalty free (or a copyright design). I will be asking.

Good luck! Nothing would give me more pleasure than to hit your account with $50 (header) + $50 (book cover) + $25 (bonus)!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
    DuaneZ, Oct 31, 2010 IP
  2. totalx90

totalx90 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

totalx90, Nov 1, 2010 IP
  3. DuaneZ

DuaneZ Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi TotalX90....

First we would like to thank you for starting this contest off with very impressive results and setting the standard high, here is our feedback as promised!

We really like all the bright colors, the mixture of jungle animals and children with great energy portrayed on their faces. You balanced everything on the pages wonderfully and the animal prints within the word JUNGLE are awesome.

In regards to the mom in the top right corner we would like a mom portrayed as less of a working mom, this guide is to help moms plan a Jungle Party Theme without breaking a sweat. We really liked the idea of the header example we gave in the opening post where the mom is sitting with her computer with a thought balloon. This mom looks calm, relaxed and proud of her accomplishments - something we would like our character to represent on the page.

Can you take out the colon after Birthday Parties and move the line "Your Planning Survival Guide" to the Bottom of the page? Is it possible to move up the lower half of the illustration to make room for this line as well as having "by Anne Edwards" for the author tag below the "Your Planning Survival Guide" line?

Do you have any Header ideas using the similar theme?

We look forward to see these changes and again thanks for the initial entry!

Duane

DuaneZ, Nov 2, 2010 IP
  4. totalx90

totalx90 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

as far as the header i would like to wait to see what your final revision of the e book cover is so i can better match the two :) thanks for the opportunity :) great contest great feedback!

totalx90, Nov 2, 2010 IP
  5. pehulz

pehulz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    pehulz, Nov 3, 2010 IP
  6. DuaneZ

DuaneZ Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I just want to make sure everyone that enters this contest is clear that you "do not use artwork or other assets that are not royalty free (or a copyright design)". I will be asking the potential winner proof to where they got their artwork from before agreeing to buy and ensuring I will have 100% rights to the work to use in any way I choose.

So lets keep the contest moving forward and please bring all your creative ideas to this contest!

Thanks,

Duane

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
    DuaneZ, Nov 3, 2010 IP
  7. DuaneZ

DuaneZ Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey Totalx90,

Here is feedback for your last submission...

1. Can you remove the mom altogether and see what things look like with everything else in place.
    2. The word "JUNGLE" can you remove the 3D effect and just have the text straight on but keep the animal prints in the lettering.
    3. Put a less invasive water mark as the "SAMPLE" you put up is very distracting to your work.

Thanks,

Duane

DuaneZ, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  8. DuaneZ

DuaneZ Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Just Two Days Left in this contest!

Inviting all Designers to show off their artistic talents with this contest.

Thanks,

Duane

DuaneZ, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  9. pehulz

pehulz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    my try
    100% original drawing
    [​IMG]

pehulz, Nov 6, 2010 IP
  10. DuaneZ

DuaneZ Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi Pehulz,

Thanks for the submission and the drawing, it is a good start with the children, balloons and trees.

Here are some points...

1. I think it needs to show the JUNGLE party theme to make it unique jungle theme specific. Currently this page can represent any birthday theme and I want to focus on the jungle party theme.
    2. There should be "BY: ANNE EDWARDS" on the bottom rather than just the name.
    3. I do not want the ":" (colon) following Jungle Birthday Parties and this line should be more prevalent in size and color than the other text on the page.
    4. Try moving the "Your Planning Survival Guide" to the bottom above the authors name.

Thanks again for your entry,

Duane

DuaneZ, Nov 6, 2010 IP
  11. pehulz

pehulz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Revision
    [​IMG]

pehulz, Nov 6, 2010 IP
  12. humvee

humvee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    humvee, Nov 6, 2010 IP
    DuaneZ likes this.
  13. DuaneZ

DuaneZ Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey Humvee,

I must say you are right on track to bringing me something very close to the sample I provided in the original post. This is a great job, I see you followed my exact instructions which is awesome, but now seeing it there are some items I am asking to be changed:

1. I was thinking of a lot smaller thought balloon from the mom and was hoping to have "Jungle Party Supplies" prominently displayed in the header as well. There may be a small/short tag line coming but do not worry to much about this now. You can get rid of the "What a Great Birthday" if you need the extra space.
    2. Could you make the Mom's computer a little more evident as it blends in with the surrounding colors a little bit to much.
    3. I am happy with the style and creation and will leave the rest to your creative design skills to complete the look.

Will you be providing the book/pdf covers as well?

Thanks,

Duane

DuaneZ, Nov 6, 2010 IP
  14. DuaneZ

DuaneZ Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    FEEDBACK for the Contest!

Currently Humvee is the lead runner in this contest...I am just waiting for their e-Book/PDF design but the contest is still open! There are some great designs and efforts put forward and I thank everyone for their designs.

Totalx90: I like your design and it is probably ranked second right now. The only thing that you did not meet was my vision of a mom with a computer and thought balloon to really capture the complete design. I am still interested in my last feedback I gave for you, but have not seen any adjustments?

Pehulz: I do like your design however it is just not as crisp as what I was hoping for. It is a good entry and could work for a children's birthday party site but I wanted a more realistic look in an illustrative design.

Please feel free to submit any other designs as the contest will be open for at least another 10 hours.

Thanks,

Duane

DuaneZ, Nov 7, 2010 IP
  15. DuaneZ

DuaneZ Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This contest is "NOW CLOSED" - I first want to thank all the designers who brought forth excellent designs that made this decision very hard.
    I have awarded Humvee the overall winner - payment has been sent Nov 9-2010 via paypal.

Thanks again,

Duane

DuaneZ, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  16. humvee

humvee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thank you Duane.
    It has been a pleasure working with you.

humvee, Nov 11, 2010 IP