1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Time takes to accept website by DMOZ directory

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by umairraja52, Nov 9, 2010.

How to Submit Website in DMOZ

I have few websites i want to know , how to submit website in DMOZ directory.

How much time it take to publish my website in DMOZ directory.

How much time should i wait for it.

umairraja52, Nov 9, 2010 IP
    Laceygirl likes this.
  2. jimnoble

jimnoble Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If those are genuine questions, you'll find the answers have already been posted in this thread a gazillion times :(. Start with the sticky 101 at the top of the page.

jimnoble, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  3. credasys

credasys Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to follow their rules before you submit your site to avoid rejection.

credasys, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  4. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It takes only a week if your site is super high quality. For the typical webmasters site it will take 6 to 12 months if it even gets approved.

Laceygirl, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  5. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Must be some kind of filter that funnels all of the "super high quality" submissions into the uber fast review/list me in a week pool.

CReed, Nov 9, 2010 IP
    Anonymously likes this.
  6. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ROFLAO If you read on here you will find webmasters/mistresses complaining about their super high quality once in a lifetime creation that is still languishing in some DMOZ dungeon, never, they claim, to see light of day on the directory. Sorry good sites wait alongside bad sites for that all important review and it can take from a few days to a few years, quality will get a site listed, but unlikely to get it an early review.

Anonymously, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  7. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You really must be an editor...

You skipped the post you should have been replying too in favor of one filled with false information & sarcasm.

Qryztufre, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  8. johnchris25

johnchris25 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi..I have submitted my site abt 15 days ago..but not able to track whether its accepted by dmoz or rejected..as i have not got any type of mail from thm..how to track my status..??

johnchris25, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  9. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    You don't because they do not care about you in any way shape or form (and in many instances, not even about your submission)... the only thing you SHOULD do is forget about it. Seriously... many sites NOT listed in the ODP still get high PR and top the serp, in fact, there is no real evidence that the ODP effects such things one way or another! So simply "submit & forget" and you should be OK.

Qryztufre, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  10. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    Sorry once you have suggested a site then you will not be contacted if it is accepted or rejected. It can take from a few days to a few years for a review for a possible listing.

Anonymously, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  11. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    1. My rep is high because in the past to present I've offered several topics in order to help people to become from intermediates to professionals. Some of my advice has saved them months of mistakes and work for nothing.
    2. Its not misleading, don't be stupid. I have 12 sites currently listed in DMOZ and I currently own 12sites. I've had about 35 sites listed in total there, and I've owned about 35 sites. Some I just submit and wait, and for the important site I pick the "moment" then BAM, I submit and I'm in after a week to a month. I know what I'm talking about.
    3. Don't get emotional over ODP because if you are then you might as well give up on life because you don't understand the concept of it. DMOZ means jack "crap" for the benefit of your site. Its a simple bragging tool.

4. Thank you for protecting your identity. I wouldn't be too thrilled to see what you would reply to me now(See, why its not good to hide like a little baby? cause now you just have to sit there).

Laceygirl, Nov 16, 2010 IP
  12. Seo Vigor

Seo Vigor Peon

Best Answers:
    Before submit check the complete guidelines of DMOZ if you dont agree atleast one of them you will not be accepted for years ;)

But if its ok it take couple of months or so

Seo Vigor, Nov 16, 2010 IP
  13. ShermanSEO

ShermanSEO Peon

Best Answers:
    I have so many different sites any none of them are indexed in dmoz lol

ShermanSEO, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  14. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Sherman, as an SEO do you edit the directory so that it stays relevant or do you just "use" it and wait for your sites to be edited?

sarahk, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  15. cheburashka

cheburashka Peon

Best Answers:
    What is the most annoying about submissions to some of these directories, DMOZ included, is the lack of feedback on why a site gets rejected. Or is it still being reviewed? Who knows. I have submitted mine twice in the last year and I still don't see it listed. I wish they had a better system of letting people know what if any is the reason for not being accepted.

cheburashka, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  16. jimnoble

Best Answers:
    You can self check whether or not a website is listable here.

If it's listable, we'll list it in time. If it isn't we won't.

We don't decline mis-suggested websites, we move them.
    We don't decline websites with spammy suggested titles/descriptions, we fix them.

There's no magic to it.

jimnoble, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  17. UtkarshSeo

UtkarshSeo Peon

Best Answers:
    I have also done the same as i have many clients from abroad sometimes they required to submit their site to dmoz.Finally i got same result that your site need to highly relevant and descriptive also have some pR or popularize.

Thanks

UtkarshSeo, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  18. jimnoble

Best Answers:
    News to me.

jimnoble, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  19. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    There must be magic... according to the ADD page, ya know, that page you are supposed to read before submitting? Well, it says that sites DO get rejected if submitted to the wrong category. For you to say otherwise means that someplace in the guidelines for editors there is something that counters the guidelines set for the submitter, and that by breaking such a guideline is somehow impossible.

I'm not being misleading here...

See... it's magic!

Qryztufre, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  20. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    I would certainly remove a site when it was submitted to a wrong category, when the site was unlistable anyway. So the guideline comment is absolutely correct.

Anonymously, Nov 22, 2010 IP