1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SERP: old domain vs new domain

Discussion in 'Google' started by tinycoin, Nov 8, 2010.

3 year ago, I built a website and had no SEO experience. Thus, I bought domain name doesn't contain target keyword.

Although my site still can be on top 10 with that keyword, sometime it disappear in page 1. I think it because domain name without keyword.

Now, I want to buy new domain with target keyword and to use redirect 301 from old domain to new domain.

Do you think it will help my new domain can be listed on Google Or I have to do SEO again with new domain?

tinycoin, Nov 8, 2010 IP
  2. Demono22

Demono22 Peon

Best Answers:
    You definitely have to do SEO for the new site. You always have to keep doing the SEO or the competition will catch up. In the mean time, your new site should get all the PR juice from the old site. I hope this helps out.

Demono22, Nov 8, 2010 IP
  3. sweta.singh.98

sweta.singh.98 Guest

Best Answers:
    You will get the benefit of old site .. but you have to SEO for more better results for new domain ... although According to me SEO is a on going process .. not a one time task .... So Just work hard for be in top 10 :)

sweta.singh.98, Nov 8, 2010 IP
  4. hsvyas

hsvyas Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya sure, you will get little bit benefit from your OLD domain.... But as we all know that SEO is an ongoing process and you need to do hard/smart work to achieve the top ranking back ASAP via on-page & off-page optimization & other SMO activities...

hsvyas, Nov 8, 2010 IP
  5. mark5inc

mark5inc Member

Best Answers:
    After 301 redirect you should indicate it in Google account and change your site address there.

mark5inc, Nov 8, 2010 IP
  6. Myfreelancedesign

Myfreelancedesign Peon

Best Answers:
    Man you have to do SEO for your site. You can get benefit from your old domain. Just build your site with good content and seo with keywords. But my friend this is a ongoing process as said above u really can't afford do it one time and forget. No its really hard to come in top 10 in Google and mark my words all seo people are eying to that only.
    So best of luck to you for your future. For any help you can contact me just visit myfreelancedesign.com/ you will get my contact details.

Myfreelancedesign, Nov 8, 2010 IP