1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hotfrog Business Directory

Discussion in 'Directories' started by analiza139, Nov 2, 2010.

Hey, I got an email from Hotfrog which I had never heard of before. Is this a worthwhile directory to submit our ecommerce site to? I've heard that it can be good for SEO but I've also read some fishy things about it which seem to suggest it might not be the best idea. Thoughts?

Thanks for your help! :D

analiza139, Nov 2, 2010 IP
  2. AnthonyDaly

AnthonyDaly Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    'If in doubt, don't' :)

Haha, well it depends. I've never heard of them either, but I would advise doing a bit more reasearch, and if you don't feel that it's totally legit, then don't bother. On the other hand, any inbound links to your site can't directly affect your site negatively, or at least that's what Google claims...

AnthonyDaly, Nov 2, 2010 IP
  3. louis2

louis2 Peon

Best Answers:
    hotfrog is a popular directory and it is free. And the links are 'follow'. what else do you need ?

louis2, Nov 3, 2010 IP
  4. pageupseo

pageupseo Peon

Best Answers:
    No, I think its good for this purpose, a lot of people are there and the big thing is that it is free for submitting a business.

pageupseo, Nov 4, 2010 IP
  5. steers82

steers82 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hotfrog is VERY good for SEO. All the pages are very keenly organised for keywords, and in some instances it is used as an authority for local search too.

steers82, Nov 4, 2010 IP
  6. tornado!

tornado! Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is this supposed to be shameless plug for hotfrog?

tornado!, Nov 4, 2010 IP
  7. DevNCode2009

DevNCode2009 Member

Best Answers:
    Hotfrog is definately legit. It is an Australian business ... fully legit. They are a corporation with developers, sales team, marketing team, accounts etc. They have opened a range of other directories here in australia in several niche areas (Hotfrog is their general directory covering all topics / business types). In addition to this, they have replicated their main (australian) hotfrog site, with replica sites in about 25 different countries (with local content in each of course).

Its highly SEO'd with regular updates of new functionality.

All always register all my new sites there ... guaranteed to be picked up by google within a few hours.

DevNCode2009, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  8. mktg

mktg Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a business registered with hotfrog and from what I can tell it seems legit :)

mktg, Nov 8, 2010 IP
  9. dmvictoria

dmvictoria Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've had a listing with Hot Frog for over a year, besides the back link I have never had even one hit come through from their site. They are just another directory, but a good and vast one..

dmvictoria, Nov 10, 2010 IP