1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just Starting WebSite How Do I Get People To My Site?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by yourwichita, Nov 8, 2010.

How do you get people to your site other then telling them to goto your site.
    I havent designed a website in some time, im currently working on my site im just wondering in this new age of web whats the simplest way to get people to your site.

yourwichita, Nov 8, 2010 IP
  2. ARTidas

ARTidas Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Yourwichita

Go to the streets, and start shouting that your website is giving away free flight coupons and burger king vouchers. It will definitely drive visitors for your website. :) it worked for me a few years ago...

But if you want targeted visitors, start optimizing your site for keywords and key terms. For that, start reading this forum from the beginning.

Cheers,

ARTidas, Nov 8, 2010 IP
  3. MarketingGal

MarketingGal Peon

Best Answers:
    You posted this on Social Networks, so I assume you mean marketing your site through social networks?

What kind of web site do you have? You need to provide some type of content to put on the social networks to entice people to go to your website. You're on the right track by saying you don't want to just tell people to go there. Provide tips, facts, and eye catching or thought provoking messages and then add a link to your site. Twitter and Facebook are the best places to start marketing because so many people are on them. I also suggest that you create a Facebook Fanpage if your website has anything to do with a business or is selling anything.

MarketingGal, Nov 8, 2010 IP
  4. Emman888

Emman888 Peon

Best Answers:
    You market with groups and pages in social networks which has same interest on what your topic in your website is.. You can also create video regarding your site and post it to video sites..

Emman888, Nov 8, 2010 IP
  5. yourwichita

yourwichita Guest

Best Answers:
    nice im talking after all that how do you get people to goto your site? whats your views on growth of a website in your history how has the flow or traffic started flowing form day 1 to 50 unique USERS

yourwichita, Nov 8, 2010 IP
  6. poppaippi

poppaippi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Three words.."SEO" this is by far the best way to drive free traffic to an newly site...

poppaippi, Nov 8, 2010 IP
  7. rahulbatra

rahulbatra Peon

Best Answers:
    To get the traffic firstly you need to have good content on your website than you should do SEO for your website. Mainly people use social media sites like facebook, twitter to get traffic to their website and you could also do the same.

rahulbatra, Nov 8, 2010 IP
  8. rahman_abrar

rahman_abrar Active Member

Best Answers:
    It will take some time to get traffic flow towards your site, you have to work hard and go for the right marketing strategy through social networking. You have to spend some money in the beginning to promote your site, however, this will benefit you afterwards.

rahman_abrar, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  9. yourwichita

yourwichita Guest

Best Answers:
    good ideas I like is there something else that you like, what strategy do you think works for social media

yourwichita, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  10. michaelrocz

michaelrocz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    According to me after social media, classifieds add posting plays major role. you will get unique visitors from free classifieds site.

michaelrocz, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  11. Ardorm

Ardorm Peon

Best Answers:
    You should probably subscribe to other people on social networks and leave comments about their posts. For example, I like to read sites that are from Technorati. When I comment, I also fill the "Your Website" table.

Leaving funny and interesting comments will probably cause other users to visit you...

Ardorm, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  12. yourwichita

yourwichita Guest

Best Answers:
    more good ideas keep them coming im going to be doing sms marketing

yourwichita, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  13. rikv

rikv Member

Best Answers:
    Could it be that having a very wanted product or service is more important than having many visitors?

rikv, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  14. Elitegeek

Elitegeek Peon

Best Answers:
    Me too I just started a new site for my training and experience in SEO but its only a free one for now until I had enough info about this SEO things and traffic I think is difficult to accumulate for beginners like us.

Elitegeek, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  15. finejewellerys

finejewellerys Member

Best Answers:
    i think you must know your site style well.I think there are two terms you can start to get known by people online
    1,the easy way:just try traffic exchnage system to get real time visitors when you visit the other people's websites,like easyhits4u.
    2,start a free blog at wordpress or blogspot,just insist in posting new fresh content which is relevant to your website topic.
    3,submit your site to all major search engines and high pr directories.
    4,do social bookmarking
    5,forum posting and blog comments.
    there are all free ones you can use.but if you want to get the target visitors sooner,you can try paid ads compaign.like google adwords.

I hope it is useful to you for the new site.good luck

finejewellerys, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  16. cheezycow

cheezycow Peon

Best Answers:
    1. Write articles for websites and in the bottom of your articles put your website.

2. Add lots of friends on facebook and post status's advertising your website (although this is not targeted)

3. You could pay for adwords to get traffic to your website.

cheezycow, Nov 10, 2010 IP
  17. yourwichita

yourwichita Guest

Best Answers:
    Theres some more good ideas i really like, ill ask this after doing everything you have said without the paid adwords lets say ive done it all whats something else that i could do to get more people as in how do you know people may click on your site or just look over it.

yourwichita, Nov 10, 2010 IP
  18. piske91

piske91 Active Member

Best Answers:
    make some facebook viral fanpages that points to your website..
    and many other ways...

piske91, Nov 10, 2010 IP
  19. VIBGYORtel

VIBGYORtel Member

Best Answers:
    1) Sign up in facebook, twitter, US and some more sites make a profile and put you site URL in it, invite your friends..
    2) share some information and put related TAGS.
    3) join interested communities link movie, music, news people mostly link that kind of communities.
    4) make some friends.

VIBGYORtel, Nov 11, 2010 IP
  20. georgen2u

georgen2u Active Member

Best Answers:
    its same with me i need a very working means of driving traffic but i think that going for local newspapers counts as many local readers are trooping in

georgen2u, Nov 11, 2010 IP