1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

<GUIDE> How to get backlinks-- All the SOURCES

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by oblivion19, Nov 8, 2010.

Hey,

I just thought why not whip up a simple post on how to get backlinks from various sources. This is going to be a simple superficial report. So, it's a good read for newbies and maybe experienced users can pick up a point or two. Maybe, it could end up as a stickie for newbies.

So, you know all about backlinks but just don't know how to get them. So here's how!

Effective Sources of backlinks relevant today

1. Blog commenting
    Blog commenting has been around for few years and had been very effective for backlink building. The only problem is that it seems to be not as effective as it used to be. Also, most of the blogs have switched to no-follow which reduces the benefit of the link.
    Having said that, you can weed out the junk and find quality blogs which are do-follow and get backlinks from them. This has a learning curve and takes experience to get to that skill level.But, when done correctly-can be really effective.

2.Forum profile backlinks
    The popularity of these can be attributed to Angela and Paul who sold individual link packets and sparked a trend. Yes, it's effective. Basically, this involves you creating profiles at popular forums and leave a backlink in your profile.Well, it works! Again, not as effective as its was a year or two back.

3.Article marketing
    I favor this form of linkbuilding the most. The backlinks from article marketing have least chance of being seen as spam by google. They carry a good link juice and I have personally found it to be very effective.
    This simply involves writing an article and submitting to various article directories out there and leaving a backlink at the end of the article. It can be time consuming but can be well worth the effort. If you have some money to spend, there are plenty of services on DP that can do this for you.

4.Buying links directly from site
    You find a decent quality site that you would benefit having a link from. You send an email to the admin offering an X amount of money for backlink. These can be very effective if you use them smartly. If you are just starting out, try out other methods and if you are earning, invest your earnings in to buying links.
    Tip #1- Do not buy links from link networks. They get busted sooner or later.
    Tip#2-Do not buy links from spammy sites which clutter many links in a single page.
    Tip#3-Go for in content links and refrain from site wide links.

5. Guest Post
    These can be very helpful to boost your site in the SERP's. Basically, you write an original article and give it to a good quality site (preferably in your niche) in exchange for a couple of backlinks within the content. Search on google or guest posting opportunities.

Example search:
    niche +"guest post"
    health +"guest post"

Have a look at this blogpost which I managed to get on bloggingpro
    http://www.bloggingpro.com/archives/2010/09/17/10-ways-blogging-is-like-dental-hygiene/
    So, you can imagine how good it was for my site to get featured on such a popular site. I got traffic as well as improvement in SERPS

6.Web 2.0 Sites
    A recent trend has been to create many mini sites on blogging platforms, fill them up with some content and backlink to your main site known as the money site. You need to be smart with this as each web 2 site also requires some links to have some weightage.

This covers the first section.

The second section covers the sources of backlinks which are not as effective or in short have become out dated
    1. Directory submissions:
    Sure, there were effective in 2006 but not any more. Some claim benefit even today. But, I consider it to be too much hassle for small amount of benefit.
    2.Exploiting chatboxes
    There was a time when we would search for footprints for shoutboxes and stuff them with out backlinks. Yes, they don't work anymore.
    3.Sig links
    Remember the time when DP was filled with threads wanting to buy/sell sig links. You know why they have disappeared. They are not much effective anymore. Although, I don't consider them redundant.
    4.Link exchanges
    The classical form of link building. Lot's of people still do them but they don't carry as much weight as they used to.
    5.Social bookmarking
    Social bookmarking is time consuming and tedious work. Now, its even less effective and hence many can't be bothered with it. Although, if you have a killer article, it might hit the digg frontpage. But, that has remote possibilities.

I hope that was a good read as I wrote it up too quick. I am considering writing an ebook going in to details of each one of these.But, I don't know how many of you guys will be up for it. Lemme know if you are!

Do fee free to comment, ask questions in this thread.

oblivion19, Nov 8, 2010 IP
    usasportstraining likes this.
  2. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    4. Link Exchanges

Traditional link exchanges between relevant sites/pages isn't very effective. However, more complex link exchanges between a site or two within a layered link circle would be very worth it today. It requires cooperation between webmasters spanning many sites centered around a related general topic, such as sports, games, etc.

usasportstraining, Nov 8, 2010 IP
  3. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    You forgot about satellites. Having your own blog network with dozens of blogs hosted on different IPs is an excellent way to build backlinks.
    It's a fast and easy method that many webmasters & SEO companies use nowadays. It will cost you less than buying backlinks from 3rd parties.

zexy, Nov 8, 2010 IP
  4. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    You forgot to mention autoblogging which is a very effective way to build backlinks.

contentboss, Nov 8, 2010 IP
  5. fr@nc!z

fr@nc!z Active Member

Best Answers:
    Two thumbs up for this! I already practicing some of these like article marketing and web 2.0 methods.

@zexy: How "Satelitte" method works????

fr@nc!z, Nov 8, 2010 IP
  6. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    I call "satellite" a small site (or autoblog) which only purpose is to promote (link) my moneymaking site.
    The more satellites you have the better. It means more backlinks, better SERP and thus more traffic and sales.

Example:
    You can easily create a dozen of WordPress blogs about Los Angeles Labor Attorney and place a link to your moneymaking site.
    For a maximum SEO effect it's a good idea to spread these blogs on various IPs (SEO hosting).

zexy, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  7. juniorul

juniorul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    about the "satellites" thing..it's really catching in this days :)

juniorul, Nov 11, 2010 IP
  8. nikunjt

nikunjt Peon

Best Answers:
    Article marketing, Blog Commenting & guest posting(guest blogging) is effective way to build links

nikunjt, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  9. LucianoFigallo

LucianoFigallo Peon

Best Answers:
    Excellent guide with almost all bases covered. My favorite is article marketing and yes, it is true that directory submission gives almost nothing in exchange for a lot of work.

LucianoFigallo, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  10. wwood

wwood Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll add

- blog syndacation
    - press releases
    - css galleries

wwood, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  11. enous

enous Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    great guide, but i perfer a software to help me do this thing

enous, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  12. ramonacole

ramonacole Guest

Best Answers:
    Useful guide, thanks.
    enous, I don't think software helps much.

ramonacole, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  13. tnd8

tnd8 Peon

Best Answers:
    Many != Good

Link from travel site/post example to your web hosting site is... really nothing :)

tnd8, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  14. oblivion19

oblivion19 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree... Right now, relevancy is not much imp... a strong link is a strong link no matter where its coming from(content wise)

oblivion19, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  15. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    refrain from site wide links? why 's that? i thought it has much seo effect

etc, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  16. oblivion19

oblivion19 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, that used to be the case.. Right now, the preference is for in content links rather than site wide links......

It seems that site wide links raise a red flag to google and it might see it as link manipulation..........

oblivion19, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  17. sandy121

sandy121 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good post. But blog commenting are useless strategies nowadays since most of the blogs are no follows. Even if there is some do follow blogs, they are saturated with lot of stupid links and comments with large OBL. You missed an important important strategy here - Link Baiting i.e. sharing some funny/interesting stories, videos or making some useful applications for visitors which can gain huge amount of one way backlinks for you.

sandy121, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  18. edyst3

edyst3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for sharing the information.. backlink is really important to get traffics.

i want to ask about buying link directly from the site, Is the link placed in the article or something like "sponsor or partner" on the sidebar?

edyst3, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  19. techtavy

techtavy Peon

Best Answers:
    I wont say comments are useless. My blog, techtavy . com is a do follow blog. And a quick search in Google will show you hundreds of blogs which are do follow. Sure it will take some time if the blog admin thinks that your blog is spam he will trash it. But for a back link, its worth a try.

techtavy, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  20. sandy121

sandy121 Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you seen any improvement in ranking by doing Blog Commenting ? I have seen many of my SEO friends are doing blog comments for their opponent site in order to harm the site specially they used to target auto approved do follow blogs.

sandy121, Nov 22, 2010 IP