1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

If you accidentally find yourself #1 in a key phrase should you pursue that?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by LennyP, Oct 6, 2006.

Looking at my referals I found out I was #1 in a key phrase because of one article I wrote. The keyphrase is something I could see being searched again. It is not something obscure like "flying monkey butt sex." My question is should I wrote an article more directly related to that key phrase. The dilema is that I don't think it fits in with the rest of my site. It's not offensive, just probally not something any of my readers might care about. I don't have much traffic now, so should I keep with my theme, or try to stay at the top in that key phrase?

LennyP, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  2. duilen

duilen Active Member

Best Answers:
    If your already #1 for I don't think it's necessary writing additional content to compete for that phrase. Instead I would write a somewhat related article and link to it contextually with your phrase in the anchor text. That would reinforce your #1 position and give you a chance to rank for something else.

duilen, Oct 6, 2006 IP
    LennyP likes this.
  3. LennyP

LennyP Peon

Best Answers:
    What if the the keyphrase relates to keywords in the article but not the overall meaning? Really its one word that changes the meaning. That word is used several times but it doesn't apply to the theme.

LennyP, Oct 6, 2006 IP