1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website worth, if selling?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Investophant, Nov 4, 2010.

Since I do not trust automated "website worth" sites, I thought I'd ask you guys what you personally think the site Ichigos.com is worth, along with its forums (almost half a million posts and growing). The site is many years old and claims to have 130k visitors each month.

What would you value this site to, if you were the owner and would like to sell it? Or, if you were an interested buyer what would you deem a good price?

Thank you for helping me out, I am simply doing some research! (I neither own or plan on owning this website) :)

Investophant, Nov 4, 2010 IP
  2. JoesMillion

JoesMillion Peon

Best Answers:
    It's only worth what you value it at. Don't let others dictate the price.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
    JoesMillion, Nov 4, 2010 IP
  3. Investophant

Investophant Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would say it's the other way around... isn't it? That is the point of this thread, in any case - I want to do some research on how much other people would sell/buy this website for :)

Investophant, Nov 4, 2010 IP
  4. Toon-c

Toon-c Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it's difficult to make an estimation ..small websites are sold for betwen 8 and 16 months of revenue depending on the quality ..

but such an established website .. its another story ..

Toon-c, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  5. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Usually 12mo of revenue.

The only revenue I see(from a quick look) is a few adsense ads which usually don't bring much from repeat traffic.

averyz, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  6. willrs

willrs Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not an expert on flipping sites, but I think that the only things tht you have to consider is the earnings potential of the site.

Now, it seems to be using only AdSense, and, as the other member said, it can be not making too much $$$. However, what if you can find some good offers for the website based on the demographics? Usually, CPA offers (the right ones) have a much better performance than simple AdSense ads, so you could improve the earnings potential.

I think that before buying a website you need to have a plan to menetize it or, at least, improve it so that you can flip it again for a better price.

;) William

willrs, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  7. jointaldc

jointaldc Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess most things are sold on potential, so why not run the numbers and see what the best scenario(conversion rate) and worst would be with that traffic etc.

jointaldc, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  8. ZXT

ZXT Peon

Best Answers:
    Also momey usually comes only from search engine traffic. Those frequent visitors don't click anything so you don't get money out of their visits.

ZXT, Nov 7, 2010 IP
  9. KC TAN

KC TAN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A good way is to base on the current revenue generated by the website. It is commonly worth 10 to 24 months of the monthly revenue.

KC TAN, Nov 7, 2010 IP
    guniwan likes this.
  10. funkywizard

funkywizard Active Member

Best Answers:
    it's worth whatever someone pays for it.

Typically a multiple of net earnings. Seen anywhere from 5 months to 36 months multiple for sites sold, depending on niche.

funkywizard, Nov 7, 2010 IP
  11. mr-cracker

mr-cracker Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think anyone will know more thank u, put a price and see what others will say

mr-cracker, Nov 9, 2010 IP