1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone had success promoting CB offers on Facebook?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Richie_Ni, Nov 4, 2010.

I'm NOT talking about Adwords or PPC networks. I'm talking about Facebook Ads.

I've tried several different offers but never had a chance to turn them profitable. Lost a few hundred testing. It's said Facebook users tend to take out their credit card and buy stuff online. I'm sure that's not sure.

Would like to hear some feedbacks from you guys, tips and advice would be much appreciated!

Richie_Ni, Nov 4, 2010 IP
  2. lqbk

lqbk Peon

Best Answers:
    I spent 500 only make 1 sale. lol~ so i quit. I think it's more suitable for cpalead.com offer? Or maybe not...

Any gosu willing to share your experience?

Now i continue to stick to bing and yahoo, these 2 ppc has been helping me to make money for more than 1 year.

lqbk, Nov 4, 2010 IP
  3. Richie_Ni

Richie_Ni Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    wow that's ridiculous. what was your cpc? 1 dollar? yeah i've had some decent success with cpa offers on FB, they seem to work the best.

gotta try hard since i've never promoted any cb offers.

Richie_Ni, Nov 4, 2010 IP
  4. Dan Bainbridge

Dan Bainbridge Active Member

Best Answers:
    Probably this is the reason its not working rather than the network - probably if you tried on google ppc with CB you would lose money too - just seems to be the way it happens for most... but as you tweak your marketing style, build landing pages, capture emails and start to build lists... basically as you learn what works then you will probably start to be more successful...

... I would say scale it back, and learn what converts for you on CB generally - with cheaper methods - i.e. seo and article marketing... and then once you know what pages / sites work for you then add the already profitable ones into FB and PPC campaigns.

Dan Bainbridge, Nov 4, 2010 IP
  5. DPParadise

DPParadise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I promoted some gaming guides on FB this summer with decent sucess. You will need ctr like 0.25, don't even try to profit with anything less.

DPParadise, Nov 4, 2010 IP
  6. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Facebook Advertising is simply too expensive to make a campaign profitable of any sort, I've been split testing tens of landing pages, promoting different products over the summer and I barely seen a return on investment. (You'll be better of promoting on Adwords, scaling up your campaign/)

The difference between Facebook and Google Adwords is huge simply because Facebook is not a search engine (hence the people that will click your ads are not a targeted audience). When it comes to optimizing a campaign the first thing you'll need is converting traffic and that's only possible through search engine marketing. I'm not saying there's no money to be made on Facebook, however not with Clickbank or any sort of products with a payout of $xx.

A psyhical product might sell a lot better than a digital download on Facebook. (fanpages are very popular these days, easy to promote and not to mention you can even build a list using facebook; but it'll have to be your own psyhical product to see a profit. (The main idea behind fanpages is to make your product service popular/ go viral in a non-spammy way ...

Just a though on Facebook advertising.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2010
    evelinawilliams007, Nov 4, 2010 IP
    Richie_Ni likes this.
  7. mtmjohn

mtmjohn Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you can try to promote some international cpa offers on facebook. It works very well from what i heard. :)

mtmjohn, Nov 5, 2010 IP
    Richie_Ni likes this.
  8. evelinawilliams007

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I was talking about affiliate commissions.

CPA's just another beast.

evelinawilliams007, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  9. DPParadise

Best Answers:
    As for CPA offers yes they convert, but I had very very hard time to convert international ones, especially from cheap countries like India, Mexico, etc.... yes I got even 0.01 cpc and nice ctr and volume of traffic, but close to 0 conversions. Hell know why..Maybe they don't give a shit about all that

DPParadise, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  10. t4wadmin

t4wadmin Peon

Best Answers:
    I've made some money, but I've spent more than I've made. I've given up on it!

t4wadmin, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  11. domainiac

domainiac Active Member

Best Answers:
    I had one of my affiliates that had luck promoting my bustliars product on facebook but I am not sure how he/she did it as every attempt I have made to promote something has not succeeded.

It is a great way to grow a list very quick. However, due to the lack of targeted traffic these lists aren't always the easiest to monetize.

domainiac, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  12. DPParadise

Best Answers:
    I need to add ...in order to exclude confusion... that ads and landing pages was for sure in their languages

DPParadise, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  13. sirjorgeofculver

sirjorgeofculver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I promoted a "learn skateboarding tricks" ebook on facebook to a page i own about "skateboarding" and got 18 conversions. However, long term? I haven't made it work, just that one time.

sirjorgeofculver, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  14. Richie_Ni

Richie_Ni Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    SPOT ON!!

I agree that it's too hard to sell ebooks to Facebook users. Guess I gotta stick with CPA offers there.

Richie_Ni, Nov 6, 2010 IP
  15. evelinawilliams007

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Since the traffic isn't targeted, I guess they're not very likely to pull their credit cards out and actually pay for a digital download.

That's the main reason social media traffic doesn't convert - You need tarted TRAFFIC!

evelinawilliams007, Nov 6, 2010 IP
  16. DPParadise

Best Answers:
    Well, I would say it's more targeted than usual media buys, since FB had pretty good targeting in it options. Simply this is a little (just a little not like PPV or so) interrupting, cause they are not looking (i.e. searching) for your guides to buy let's say!!! That is not SEO or PPC. You need to catch their attention with shocking ad somewhat targeted to them and made them in bying mode, possible but PPC still easier

DPParadise, Nov 6, 2010 IP
    Richie_Ni likes this.
  17. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    FB is getting incredibly strict and inconsistent with their approval policy. Often times, I would resubmit the same ad I have, and they will decline it. Or I'd resubmit an ad that was initially declined, and after a few times it will get approved.

FB + Clickbank = might be possible to make it work, but it's hard.
    FB + CPA offers = can work very well, I've had some success with some CPA and Facebook, but as I said it's tough to get your ads approved, especially in the dating niche. Some free offers that payout $3-4 per lead, can convert extremely well on FB.

Ripped, Nov 6, 2010 IP
    Richie_Ni likes this.
  18. evelinawilliams007

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Don't give out the secrets mate ;-)

Al.

evelinawilliams007, Nov 7, 2010 IP
  19. DPParadise

Best Answers:
    lol, the are some dating offers that pays $6-$8 and convert way more than $3-$4 :)))

DPParadise, Nov 7, 2010 IP
  20. mtmjohn

mtmjohn Peon

Best Answers:
    whoa, which offers, lol :)

mtmjohn, Nov 7, 2010 IP