1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bing is going to lead soon

Discussion in 'Bing' started by chukwukwe, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Fruktkaka

Fruktkaka Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google has got more of a hold on the Internet than Microsoft has on the Operating Systems, and it's probably unlikely that either of those two will change in the near and not-so-near future.

Fruktkaka, Nov 4, 2010 IP
  2. gordon08

gordon08 Peon

Best Answers:
    I really doubt it. Microsoft has its hands in too many things. Google focuses on Web Search and that's what they are best at.

gordon08, Nov 4, 2010 IP
  3. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    DUMBEST thing I've ready yet! Bing has gained TREMENDOUS leaps! They have MSN, MSNBC, Bing, now Yahoo!, and now FaceBook too!

EGS, Nov 4, 2010 IP
  4. DawnBaby

DawnBaby Peon

Best Answers:
    the results being served up by google after latest round of updates shows they are not even considering new content, with the larger brands are now dominating the serp. add this to the fact that google places is now being inserted into the serps as part of the organic search even if the places are not relevant to the current search and would never appeared on the front page under normal (organic) circumstances

DawnBaby, Nov 4, 2010 IP
  5. Plato

Plato Active Member

Best Answers:
    Windows Phone 7 may help Microsoft bridge the gap to the mobile search market, although as mentioned they have a long way to go to catch up to Google.

Plato, Nov 4, 2010 IP
  6. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Obviously you are basing your opinion on wild guesses rather than the facts. In links I've shown on this board over the last few days, Microsoft reported income of just over $500 million dollars from Bing but lost about the same amount of money on operating it. In addition, ALL stat sites show Bing usage between 3% and 10% not counting Yahoo which would increase that to about 25% or less. However, Yahoo does not advertise Bing and Microsoft only receives a portion of revenue from Yahoo's usage of their algorithm.

So, despite your wishful thinking and guessing that MSN, MSNBC, Yahoo and Facebook add value to Bing, the reality is, Bing is little used, draws no traffic, and makes them no money. If you can find ANY site that says differently than Microsoft's own quarterly statement from a few days ago or any stat sitge, I'd like to see it. But you won't because you can't and who is the dumb one?

drhowarddrfine, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  7. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Talk about dumb statements.

8. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Considering Microsoft only has about 7% of the phone market, they're just a little fish in a small pond. When you look at Android going from zero to as much market share as the iPhone in such a short time, something Microsoft could not do, it would be a stretch to see Microsoft making any headway at all.

9. jasedona

jasedona Peon

Best Answers:
    Why would Bing lead soon? There's been no evidence at all that you've presented.

jasedona, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  10. ryanjm

ryanjm Peon

Best Answers:
    No way. Their search results currently suck pretty bad. No one would be a repeat customer.

ryanjm, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  11. zzbomb

zzbomb Peon

Best Answers:
    If google went offline for a week or 7. Bing might start gaining some ground. >.>

zzbomb, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  12. Jeremy Sellers

Jeremy Sellers Peon

Best Answers:
    No they're not.

Jeremy Sellers, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  13. DawnBaby

DawnBaby Peon

Best Answers:
    making such a statement proves how ignorant you are, you clearly have not been checking the SERPS over the last couple of months, check the SERPs and you will see the results, the last lot of updates favor brands with brand being able to dominate the front page having more than 2 positions simply because they they are a brand. being a brand means that you have been around some time and have been talking about a particular topic consistently over that time.

the results of trials and test i have carried out show that new content is not showing unless it is very long tail, the authority sites are dominating everything else

DawnBaby, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  14. moriswatson

moriswatson Peon

Best Answers:
    No doubt microsoft has good products. but right now google has 75 % market share. it's very tuff :)

moriswatson, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  15. workingsmart

workingsmart Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @drhoarddrfine = I +rep to you - and actually am growing to admire all that you put in around here, being a newbie and all.

My 2 cents are simply that Bing, much like all things Microsoft, is never a pioneer or game changer when it comes to new concepts or ideas... They are always the late-comer and always catch up late. With that sort of role, how can they EVER take first place away from anyone, let alone Google... haha..

workingsmart, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  16. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's what I know. When you enter any of my client sites product or company names into Google or Bing, they show up as number one in the listing. That's all we care about. Of course, they are legitimate businesses like restaurants and jewelry stores and theatres and not scam ad sites like most people on DP run. For someone who is ignorant, I sure make a heck of a lot of money being dumb.

17. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you. It's amazing how many people let Microsoft do their thinking for them so they don't have to. Wasn't it Bill Gates that said to have no other gods before him? I forget.

18. Jeremy Sellers

Jeremy Sellers Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I feel weird being one of the few people running a legit site! Even though it's not a very big one.

Jeremy Sellers, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  19. GamingOn

GamingOn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I get about same BING traffic as Yahoo. Yahoo is number 2 alexa and bing is ranked #25 :D

GamingOn, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  20. chukwukwe

chukwukwe Active Member

Best Answers:
    I admit and accept that Google is no.1 and the fact that some propaganda is going in favor of bing, it does not change Google's no.1 position!

chukwukwe, Nov 5, 2010 IP