1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

3 Ways to Avoid Being a Lazy Affiliate

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Justin_Dupre, Nov 4, 2010.

A great affiliate marketer shouldn’t have to force himself to work. Work should come natural to him, normally from a good amount of drive, effort and want to make things happen. You are working, pretty much, without consequences of someone working at an office below a boss. If he doesn’t work, he gets fired. Where as if you don’t work, you miss an opportunity to make money, but you can still go back and catch up on work tomorrow. But what if you say the same thing tomorrow? And the next day and the next? Being lazy is one of the largest hazards of being a stay-at-home business owner.

So how can you avoid being lazy?

Goals - Give yourself a set of goals you plan to achieve throughout the day. Make this one of your first activities of the day to make sure it gets done.

Employees - Having employees has made my life 100 times more simple than it was before. They’ll carry out a lot of the tasks I’m too lazy to do, or things I just don’t know how to do.

Focus on big picture - Another good exercise to do is to think back at what you were before your own business. Were you miserable at your old 9-5 job? Did you live in a tiny apartment and drive a crappy car? Did you have less time to do the things you really wanted to do? I think back a lot and it helps drive me to work further to avoid sinking back to that.

How do you keep yourself motivated?

Justin_Dupre, Nov 4, 2010 IP
    Toon-c likes this.
  2. JoesMillion

JoesMillion Peon

Best Answers:
    The only way... more money. It solves problems. Greed is good.

JoesMillion, Nov 4, 2010 IP
  3. AlfredSiliano

AlfredSiliano Guest

Best Answers:
    Good points! Find out what you need to change to keep yourself motivated. Get inspired in other people success stories. Reading about success will make it more available to you and will fuel your efforts towards its achievement.

AlfredSiliano, Nov 4, 2010 IP
  4. Justin_Dupre

Justin_Dupre Peon

Best Answers:
    True! Money make the word goes round.

Justin_Dupre, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  5. politejim

politejim Peon

Best Answers:
    Money does make the world go round at the moment but will it in 10 years time as the world runs out of oil then effecting the global economy? Just a question, not a statement.

politejim, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  6. Toon-c

Toon-c Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great ideas here mate .. thanks for the post ..

Rep+

Toon-c, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  7. ZXT

ZXT Peon

Best Answers:
    I think this is the one. Tbis will make you do things and accomplish something within a day.

ZXT, Nov 7, 2010 IP
  8. Bunchie

Bunchie Peon

Best Answers:
    Good post - thanks for sharing!

Bunchie, Nov 7, 2010 IP
  9. Elitegeek

Elitegeek Peon

Best Answers:
    For me to get motivated I need to be focus and have discipline. A mentor also helps in your endeavors.

Elitegeek, Nov 7, 2010 IP
  10. Kecia08

Kecia08 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think about the end result. If I need to want to make $500 this week, I will picture the amount sitting in my PayPal account by the end of the week, think of myself putting X amount of it in savings and using half of it for Christmas shopping or whatever else I need.

Kecia08, Nov 8, 2010 IP