1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help from expert

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Michelangelo, Oct 4, 2006.

Hi folks,

well I m feeling a little bit ashamed to write this post but give it a try.

I m reading this forum for nearly one month. Now I decided to sign up and ask for advice.

May any one of the experts here guide me?

I`m a student at an Austria University and have to finance my study myself. Well studying in Austria is`nt like in UK / USA it is (believe me) much harder than in these countries. I have a job, but it`s still not enough,damn.

Because my study needs too much time ( I`m studying minig) and Im studying in a tiny village, there aren´t any possibilities to have a second job.

That´s why I started to search on the Internet for possibilities to earn a little bit more ( I hate it to go every second month to my parents to beg for cash).

Well first I started to sell my old stuff on ebay, it helped me out for some months.

Then I found out, that there are the so called Affiliate programs and ads from google and so on.

I didn`t have the money to buy a domain and host it, it was too risky and to be honest, my html skills are limited.

Nearly a month ago I found out, that there are free blogs like blogger which allow to put ads on the page.

I´m trying out all the tips, I read in all the forums on the internet, especially on this one, to get traffic optimize and so on, but it still doesn´t work, that well.

My blogs till now.

Really guys I didn´t start with online stuff to make the big money, like all of these internet scammers promise. I would happy to make 100 $ a month it would help me out. I just want to graduate as fast as possible. Life as a student sucks.

May anyone of you experts teach/ guide me for free by keeping email contact or skype. The time difference wouldn`t be that problem.

Thanks a lot for reading my post

Yours Michelangelo

Michelangelo, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  2. Nida G

Nida G Peon

Best Answers:
    make ur site keep running do some work on it...get some visitor then place any good ads...u can earn more then 100$ :p

Nida G, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  3. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd say take it slow and steady - I think you can learn all you need to to be successful by just reading these forms and staying abreast of the information therein. There's a ton to be learned. I'd say learning + trying stuff out is the way you will make that 100$+ a month. Find out some techniques, tactics that are tried-and-true, and then apply them to your blog, change it up, improvise, and go from there- see what works, and what doesnt. Good luck!

Telmari, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  4. Michelangelo

Michelangelo Peon

Best Answers:
    Well guys, I know that there are here enough information. The point is, because the semester started, I can`t invest 10 hours a day to make much research. I asked for somebody who has 1 or 2 hours a day, to spend with me. Maybe he can tell me, what Im making wrong. I don´t want to be ungrateful. But such posts like above, won`t help me any further. Such tips are too general like..

keep trying out, Trying out what?
    or
    good/ high quality content, what is high quality content?

thanks

yours Michelangelo

Michelangelo, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  5. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    I guess to some extent, everyone learns best from trying things out on their own. Some people here can invest 10 hours a day, some can't, true. While many will come here to post some advice for you or even do a site review for you, not a lot of people have time to walk you through things for an hour or two a day.

Additionally, doing that might even detract from your true potential, because they would likely give you tips on what they have found successful, where as what you might find successful could be totally different, and you might miss it by just trying to inherit others' tactics, especially if your areas of knowledge are completely different.

I know how it is to be time-crunched - I work full-time and go to school too, so I can't spend 10 hours a day either. But you asked about "keep trying" and "good quality content" - a lot of that you could definitely find out within an hour or two, even less of research here on DP or other places - they're questions everyone else has too, so you'll find lots of answers wherever you look.

I guess ultimately while some people do have more time to invest in the online entrepreneuring business, that doesn't mean that you can't be successful with less. Some people make thousands and hundreds of thousands a month, and got there starting out small, doing the research, trying different things people suggest, and find out what works for them - and they don't have to spend 10 hours a day doing it now. Starting out slow is never a bad thing- just use the time you do have to ask question, do research, and experiment with your site. You may not feel "instantly successful", but then again, that's how pretty much everyone starts.

Telmari, Oct 5, 2006 IP
    RatDog likes this.
  6. TCR

TCR Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it me, or is this kind of offensive?
    So your school's curriculum is tougher then the rest of the worlds?

And you are studying to be a miner?!

TCR, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  7. James Woods

James Woods Banned

Best Answers:
    No not at all, let's not get off topic over this. IMO it is easier in America and the UK, but that's probably because the UK/USA is slightly more dumbed down with regards to education.

Anyway, to the poster:

Create a seo blog like everyone else, that seems to make money. They're a dime a dozen but people click the ads on them. I wouldn't personally go near one, but if you want to make a fast buck, create one, regurgitate others stuff and spam up forums etc, dumb people will click ads!

James Woods, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  8. TCR

TCR Peon

Best Answers:
    Fair enough.

And good advice to the OP. :)

TCR, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  9. Michelangelo

Michelangelo Peon

Best Answers:
    TCR
    Sorry it`s called mining Engineering. I`ll become an Engineer.
    There are worldwide only about 10 universities/colleges for my topic. Our´s is one of the best worldwide. Only ~100 students through all semesters. Minimum 5 years, average 8 years of study.

James Woods
    Thank you very much for this idea. But how is it to get right content. To be honest, I think I only have scratched the surface of the SEO world and I´m still learning HTML. I wouldn´t like to make a scam page/blog. I have written a blogger blog to let out my anger because of these scam pages (in german).

Which kind of google ad format would work best ( which size, text or banner)?. And more important where to place? I learned how to place them above the title and in the sidebar :) , well it was first a challenge. But how can I place them below the written blog text? What kind of additional advertising would work best?
    How should I promote the blog, I mean really step by step. If there is anybody who wants to PM me, PM is acticated.

pre- thank you for your help.

ps.: sorry because of my bad English

Michelangelo, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  10. James Woods

James Woods Banned

Best Answers:
    Okay I guess get a domain name, a .com and get some hosting space, you can get cheap hosting nowadays, google it.

Next, get wordpress, go to the wordpress site and download. follow the instructions on how to install. Upload, run the installer. If you have trouble then ask people in the wordpress forum or try the site point forums.

Next, get a good template, you can find it on the wordpress extend site.

Add plugins like adsense-deluxe and adsense-injection (which allows you to inline adsense auto style in every post you make, how you want it).

Go around and look at what everyone else is doing in the SEO world, write the same kind of crap they write, regurgitate stuff, it doesn't matter as long as it makes sense.

Then spam up forums, and chatrooms like "you wanna make money on blogs and sites? I know how, check out this site, I read it and I'm making at least $30 a day with my site now" or whatever. Spam a lot, and they will come.

Post a lot, keep posting, open up like 100 tabs in firefox and spam places to hell.

Personally wouldn't do this, but since you need the cash soon do it. There's other ways that you can get traffic but if I go spouting my mouth off about my own unique tecniques everyone is gonna copy. GOOD LUCK!

11. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    B$. Maybe the school YOU went to. Mine wasn't that easy, chump.

To the OP: Buy Joel Comm's Adsense ebook, or a number of Adsense ebooks available out there. It'll cost you a little money but you'll get more and understand more about Adsense and how to make money off it then going back and forth with some chump on the message board whose big secret is to "spam" everything in sight. TRUST ME.

jackburton2006, Oct 5, 2006 IP
    TCR likes this.
  12. James Woods

James Woods Banned

Best Answers:
    Well I know this works, because I know people that do it, so I guess you're the chump here. I never went to an easy school but I know that the education sys in the UK/USA is easier. Get over it.

13. smfseo

smfseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So you think spamming isint gonna make him a quick buck? which world do you live in?

Give me your adsense pub id I will set up a new blog on blogspot and all you have to do is copy paste a line which I give you on some yahoo chat rooms just spam the shit out of those rooms and $10 per hour if you do it nonstop I have seen it happen coz I taught a guy (a complete idiot) about blogging from scratch and he was too frustrated coz he was only making like $2-3 a day after 3-4 months and he came up with this idea one day and showed me the results a wooping $78 in about 6 hours time
    any doubts? come and lock your horns with me I will give you a live demo but I need £70 an hour for the time I waste in showing you this crap (I wont use my own adsense id).

smfseo, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  14. Michelangelo

Michelangelo Peon

Best Answers:
    First thanks for´so much reply to my OP, I didn´t expect so fast awnsers.

I didn`t expect, that my post would also start a discussion about education. Sorry I didn´t want to anger you. But its still nice to see that you are serious about this topic. To close this topic, not every scool in Austria has such a high level, but most of the schools here, especially the universities are really good. I know it, because we have here much student exchange from UK/US. I just mentioned these two countries, because most of the forum users belong to them. The UK/US students have a reason to come to my country and study here for those who don`t know, Austria is very small (about 5 time smaller Area than germany, 50% covered with unliveable mountain area & 8 million citizens).

Thanks James Wood, I had a look on the homepage of Wordpress, I´ll try today night ( We have Londontime +1 hr) after work some of the stuff out.

Maybe it´s not that bad idea to "SPAM" around a little bit to stabilize my financial situation, it would really help me out, to get my head free to learn more of the respectable Advertising stuff.

To jackburton2006, youre maybe right to give me the advice to buy some e-books, but as I posted. A don`t have a CENT to spend for extra stuff. That´s why I´m here (My Internet connection is offered for free from my University)!

And to all, what do you think about smfseo ´s offer? Sorry smfseo, because I´m not that trusting but wouldn´t my Adsence account be banned because of high CTR? Your offer of 70 BPounds is nice.
    Too all, would it be a problem, if I give him my adsence code?

Another question is, does wordpress fit with blogger? To be honest I didn´t have readen everything on Wordpress.org.

Thanks for the fast awnsers.

Yours Michelangelo

Michelangelo, Oct 6, 2006 IP