1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Start From Nothing

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Robin Banks, Nov 2, 2010.

So I'm not too sure if this is the correct place to be posting this thread but I thought business relates so why not. I was wondering where would someone start if they had to start a site or whatever from nothing? Say for an example you had $25 to invest, $10 gets you a domain leaving you $15. You could probably pickup some hosting the first month very cheap leaving you lets say $10 to use to market somehow.

I am trying to start online marketing on a shoe string budget, I've invested $25 so far and made $16.20 to date. So far not a bad achievement considering I bought my first domain, bought hosting and some ptc traffic. Next thing I knew I sold the domain to buy another where I continued to market with NeverBlue, I was accepted to CPALead but haven't quite figured out a way to promote surveys they offer. So to date zip submits are my main income.

Now say I had another $25-50 to invest what would be my next step? You can pretty much skim through everything I said above because the point of this thread is I am looking for guidance as to what I should invest my money into that'll provide me with positive results.

Robin Banks, Nov 2, 2010 IP
  2. AlfredSiliano

AlfredSiliano Guest

Best Answers:
    You can also use your knowledge and skills to start business with little initial investment. This can include selling in online auction forums, blogging, website design and article writing.

AlfredSiliano, Nov 3, 2010 IP
  3. jhng000

jhng000 Peon

Best Answers:
    even if you dont have the money, resourcefulness and perseverance really pays. Just do what you have to do and eventually, you will really succeed.

jhng000, Nov 3, 2010 IP
  4. -Invisible-

-Invisible- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    create mass profiles with your IM or website URL.Add a nice looking pic of a girl into the profil.Try converting the traffic into sales.This is longterm income but a lot of work if you cant outsource it as we are speaking from 1000+ profiles

-Invisible-, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  5. jointaldc

jointaldc Peon

Best Answers:
    What are you trying to do? run a successful website or flip them?

jointaldc, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  6. Toon-c

Toon-c Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what are your skills ?? what can you do online ? design? write? program? anything ?

Tell us more about yourself, Then we can help you decide ..

Toon-c, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  7. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're trying to start an online-campaign on a shoe-string budget. That's nice to hear.

Two years ago, I did the same. Back then, I was 16 and all I had was my allowance. Today, I'm considered to be rich by some, and I'm about to start my own company in the near future. You can get really, really far without any money at all. Always remember: people don't buy what you sell, they buy what you stand for.

Let's say I had $25. I'd buy a domain and use a free webhost. Before buying the domain, I'd check what keywords to optimize for, and find a really, really good niche. When that's done - I'd start adding content and building backlinks. And, well, that's the way I started... :)

Sweely, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  8. workingsmart

workingsmart Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sweely, Cheers to you!!

@Robin Banks...

It doesn't take a ton of money to make a ton of money online... It takes 3 different disciplines...

1 - Patience
    2 - Persistence
    3 - Time

Put them together and no matter your niche, your status or your skill set, so long as you stay focused on achieving your goal, you will succeed in the end! 100%

Cheers!~

workingsmart, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  9. Mioni Krakel

Mioni Krakel Peon

Best Answers:
    PM me for a coupon for one domain (.com) and your first full year of hosting for just $17 total. That will help you get started by reducing your costs, thus allowing you to use more of your first year revenue to invest back into your business. Hope that helps.

Mioni Krakel, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  10. forums_j

forums_j Peon

Best Answers:
    Its a good thing you are trying to promote your business online. Try some online forums and blogs to do this. All the best !!

forums_j, Nov 6, 2010 IP
  11. Ashley_Garner

Ashley_Garner Guest

Best Answers:
    It looks like you could use some good homework. If you are starting from nothing, then keep in mind that you will have to stuggle a lot to get to that point where you can start getting some returns on all your investments. So try to learn things and get to know about them before proceeding. Or else you will end up killing your blog or website like hundreds of others out there. Try w3schools to learn basics, browse other categories here and read threads....

Ashley_Garner, Nov 6, 2010 IP
  12. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Start at Hub Pages and Squidoo. Both are free and you can earn a good income. Then, with the money you are earning, AND with the knowledge that you gain along the way, start your first site.

With Hub Pages and Squidoo you can learn about on-page-SEO, keyword research, what niches work and what do not, and much more. Once you know what works, build a site around that niche.

You could even begin with a free web host, such as Weebly, webs.com or others.

I went straight to building an ecommerce site and bought a lot of products at wholesale to sell. It worked, but it is/was a major pain. I am now selling off the last of them products and will continue to focus on other means. I still am very active on Squidoo and Hub Pages. The vast majority of my money is coming from Amazon and other affiliates these days. Soon, I will earn enough to quit my day job and do this fulltime.

usasportstraining, Nov 6, 2010 IP
  13. imkazu

imkazu Peon

Best Answers:
    you could buy a domain and do article/video marketing .. which is free
    i would suggest picking a highly niche site (as opposed to make money, generic dating, etc) and also get some free PPC coupons.

imkazu, Nov 6, 2010 IP
  14. grandislandne

grandislandne Peon

Best Answers:
    You are an inspiration. We are all rooting for you.

grandislandne, Nov 6, 2010 IP
  15. victorezeakum

victorezeakum Peon

Best Answers:
    Just think out of the box

victorezeakum, Nov 8, 2010 IP
  16. mnonline

mnonline Member

Best Answers:
    there are many niches for internet marketing. So you have choices to pick. Not all will fit so you must find the one you like and work on it.

mnonline, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  17. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The extra capital can be used to marketing purposes.

You can hire people to do link building or buy ads at other related site.

Don't buy PTC traffic its useless.

mentos, Nov 9, 2010 IP