1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Traffic from other countries ruining adsense earnings. Help!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by richardswanson, Nov 2, 2010.

Hi,

Im looking to otimize my adsense earnings. Im told I should be making more than im currently making.

Based on analytics, someone has told me that alot of my traffic are from other countries than where im from (the UK) and when the traffic and earnings get converted to pounds, the earnings become less.

Is there anything I can do to resolve this apart from getting more uk based traffic?

Help please

richardswanson, Nov 2, 2010 IP
  2. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you really want you could block access to your site from all countries but UK. But do you really want that?

JamesColin, Nov 2, 2010 IP
  3. akki123

akki123 Peon

Best Answers:
    any valid traffic which is giving earning is always fine. why you want to block that traffic? that traffic has nothing to do with the traffic from UK... if your site is popular in UK... you will sure get UK traffic + other traffic... so that is more profit only and no loss at all!

akki123, Nov 2, 2010 IP
  4. sunnyalo

sunnyalo Peon

Best Answers:
    I too facing issues with understanding your point. May be the CPC of traffic from certain countries are low but it does not affect the CPC of clicks from UK. Anyway if you want to block other country clicks, simply block those countries IP in adsense account. They will not see your ads.

sunnyalo, Nov 2, 2010 IP
  5. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    @sunnyalo: I'm not sure you can do it directly within adsense account, how?

JamesColin, Nov 3, 2010 IP
  6. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Focus on local SEO and marketing locally, that's the only thing you can do

lifeplayer, Nov 3, 2010 IP
  7. richardswanson

richardswanson Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. Yes I dont want to block other countries from viewing my adverts, alot of my traffic comes from there.

So you are saying market the site more to the UK.

Guess that's all I can do. So bloody unlucky

richardswanson, Nov 13, 2010 IP
  8. dansari

dansari Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The amount AdSense pays depends on the topic of your site and how important advertisers consider it to be.

dansari, Nov 13, 2010 IP
  9. gtk29

gtk29 Member

Best Answers:
    You can easily block AdSense using a PHP/ASP script for other countries, and instead show a different ad for other countries.

gtk29, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  10. Webwaster

Webwaster Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't see how traffic can ruin AdSense. What if the person from another country is just travelling, and he thinks your website is so great that when he returns back to the US he posts a link to it from a high PR site? And that one action can cause you an increase in traffic by some percent. I think all type of traffic is important, you never know who those people are, anyone from any country can link to your site and improve its rank.

All traffic is good, no matter where they're coming from.

Another example: What if someone just looked at a page that sells diamonds, or car insurance? Now they come to your page, and Google's "following" algorithm matches that person with an ad on Car Insurance and shows it on your website. They click and you get $10 per click... It doesn't matter what country people are from to be interested in car insurance. Keep the traffic!

Webwaster, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  11. Webwaster

Webwaster Peon

Best Answers:
    ...and the previous websites they are coming from
    ...and the google search query text
    ...and... a lot of things a webmaster cannot control.

So, best bet is just do the best job you can. Make the best site you can, and forget about CTRs and click through rates. Eventually... in a few months, traffic will begin to increase.

Webwaster, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  12. JoshuaG

JoshuaG Guest

Best Answers:
    If you have low quality poorly converting traffic your site will be smart priced and you'll earn a lot less.

JoshuaG, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  13. cormar

cormar Peon

Best Answers:
    hey, its true traffic from countries say India, philippines, china pay you less. But, why should you bother about this? Allow more traffic to come into your site. sometimes its like only 3 clicks from other countries equals a click from uk, but still you are earning however small it is. mind that.

cormar, Nov 16, 2010 IP
  14. listiaclone.com

listiaclone.com Member

Best Answers:
    Traffic from diff. countries is good for you and can generate potential customer for your online business also it'll increase google trust on your site.

listiaclone.com, Nov 16, 2010 IP
  15. arv

arv Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you are ranking better in SERPs in other country than U.K assuming your major traffic source is search engines. Look your stats to see what keywords are pushing traffic and if you can rank for those in the U.K then you will see more traffic from there .Make sure the niche is more popular in the U.K than other countries.

arv, Nov 16, 2010 IP
  16. january14n

january14n Peon

Best Answers:
    i agree with cormar, no matter how low it could be, since you earn from it you are always in advantage.

january14n, Nov 16, 2010 IP