1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What You Should Know About List Building

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by John Guanzon, Nov 1, 2010.

List building really is everything when it comes to creating sales anywhere period!

It’s the corner stone to many of the top companies in the world. Any successful
    company has a list and actively spends advertising to build that list off-line and online.

The idea of the building a list and using that list to create profits really is simple, it’s
    not rocket surgery.

There are two things people do online to create sales. Advertise and market.

In order to successfully create sales from those two methods you have to do them in
    the correct order.

First you advertise yourself and what you have to offer. This would be driving traffic
    to your pages from any form of traffic building method. Advertising gets them into
    your sphere of influence.

Once they are in your sphere of influence, then, and only then do you market to them
    products and services that you feel could help them reach their goals.

Doing it the other way around, as in posting your links everywhere without first
    building a rapport with interested parties first is considered by many as spam.

Here’s an example of the flow through set up correctly:

Step One: Drive targeted website visitors to a page where you offer something of
    interest in exchange for a name and email. Often called an ethical bribe.

Step Two: Provide quality to those subscribers to build trust in the form of the
    products you give and sell to them.

Step Three: Keep providing them with quality and targeted products and services
    to them to buy.

It’s that simple!

Build the list and sell to it, that’s it.

Anyone who tells you that building your list of leads, prospects, and customers
    that you OWN (owning a list means YOU own your business) is not important is
    full of crap, and you should run for the hills immediately.

Building your list is the first thing that should be on your mind each and every day.
    List building is about optimizing and capitalizing on the potential sales that your
    business could create.

Let’s use an example:

I have website A and I send 500 targeted visitors to it. Now lets say that 10 of those
    people buy, and everyone else leaves. That is now 490 sales I have missed out on,
    because many of those people may never return!

Now I have website B which has an form visitors can fill out in order to receive a free
    gift for visiting.

Now you send 500 targeted visitors to that site, you may now have 10 people who
    buy and say 200 sign up for the free gift. I now have the opportunity to cash in on
    the 200 people who showed interest in the topic, but may not have been ready to
    buy just yet.

List building is crucial to your success and building profits online.

When you hear someone say that the money is in the list… That’s because it truly is!

But keep this in mind, it's not about quantity of that list, it's about the quality of that
    list and the relationship you have with those subscribers.

John Guanzon, Nov 1, 2010 IP
  2. ipostmedia

ipostmedia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you mind sharing with us on how to create powerful message for the subscribers that eventually convert into sales?

ipostmedia, Nov 1, 2010 IP
  3. John Guanzon

John Guanzon Peon

Best Answers:
    Ask yourself this question...

Do we buy products and services or do we buy people who we know, like, and trust?

The truth is that in order to create a "powerful selling message" you need to sell yourself.
    This is where as I mentioned in the last section of my post above that it's not just how
    many people you have on your list, it's about the relationship you have with those people.

How do you do this?

You provide your best content up front, let's face it, anything anyone really wants to
    know is within a Google search away and usually can be found for free.

There truly are no real marketing "secrets" when it comes to information. The old methods
    of marketing are dying, it isn't enough to simply post ads to your list and hope for sales.
    We live in as Gary Vanerchuk says a "Thank You Economy".

You are thanked and your reputation grows based on the value of the information you
    provide perceived by your target marketplace.

To put it simply... provide value to your target market and you will reap what you sow.

John Guanzon, Nov 1, 2010 IP