1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Writers - Read Here

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SEOTherapy, Oct 16, 2008.

Sometimes I think it is very funny when people expect freelance writers to write a high quality 500 word article for $2 each.

Maybe it's time for the team behind DP to set some sort of standard pricing any type of service. We already have iTrader but it would be good if we have a special rating system to rate the quality of service that each freelancer offered.

I mean, come on, would you do 5 x 500 word articles for $2 each or just 1 x 500 word article for $10?

SEOTherapy, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  2. Nathan Segal

Nathan Segal Peon

Best Answers:
    It wouldn't be me, that's for sure. I find this "race to the bottom" crap to be really disgusting. I will never participate in writing for these rates. It's a great way to burn yourself out and starve. Yet I keep seeing these posts. What are these people thinking? I don't understand why writers are being treated as less than. It doesn't make any sense.

Nathan Segal, Apr 25, 2010 IP
  3. AdrianneIzaguirre

AdrianneIzaguirre Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I know that people in the middle east will do it for that rate because the money is doubled - but if it's over here in US, lol no thanks. I am currently writing at Demand Studios and making $15 per article. The quality is somewhat strict though but it is good income for those out of a job.

AdrianneIzaguirre, Apr 25, 2010 IP
  4. Anna B

Anna B Peon

Best Answers:
    Demand paying $15 per article ? maybe for 5 articles :S

Anna B, Nov 1, 2010 IP
  5. The Chaotic Writer

The Chaotic Writer Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you about Demand Studios -- decent pay for the gigs there. And there are so many topics to choose from that it is easy to find something that is very interesting to the write. And the strict quality helps. I was wondering, do you find that it takes longer for editors to deal with the pending work recently? It doesn't really matter though if you keep a steady flow of articles flowing.

The Chaotic Writer, May 7, 2011 IP
  6. The Chaotic Writer

The Chaotic Writer Peon

Best Answers:
    I get a big kick out of the replies to some of the requests for writers -- the replies offering to do the work for peanuts are full of spelling and grammatical errors and often the sentence structure is just -- well -- just odd. Why anyone would want to disgrace their website with crap articles that they got for next to nothing is beyond me.

The Chaotic Writer, May 7, 2011 IP
  7. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    I think it's fair people try to find cheaper service. what's the matter if some people are willing to do it for $2 ? that doesn't mean you have to do it for $2.

Koala, May 7, 2011 IP
  8. ts2111

ts2111 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    They say you get what you pay for.

ts2111, May 24, 2011 IP
  9. BeirutMarketing

BeirutMarketing Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Demand Studios pays very well, but they also ask for extremely good quality content, which is something that many (not all though) writers here simply can't provide.

I have used the service of a few "cheap" article writers here (not at $2 for 500 words though) and the quality varied between "good" to "barely passable". So far, I've only had 1 idiot who copy/pasted entire paragraphs from Wikipedia and claimed that it was his own writing.

So yes, you get what you pay for. I'm a fluent English speaker and thus can spot spelling / grammar / structure errors easily. In most cases, I wouldn't mind a few mistakes in an article, I can edit these in 2 minutes. The main issue for me is that the content flows logically and you can still figure out what the author was saying.

BeirutMarketing, May 25, 2011 IP
  10. martincrow

martincrow Peon

Best Answers:
    I am also a writer and searching some article writing work.

martincrow, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  11. mreb1010

mreb1010 Peon

Best Answers:
    I actually like to write my own articles. They are time consuming but I do alot of research into them and I feel that I write very well. I love it when I see that my articles get picked up by others and they repromote on their own pages; however, my links are still there. I believe I write my own articles with all the research I do and post them. They get picked up and I get credit for it. I am ok with that. I love to write, I love to learn so this is all interesting to me.

mreb1010, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  12. freelancewebaz

freelancewebaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wrote articles for $5-7 when I was getting started but now I charge a minimum of $15 per article. I think it's fair to offer low rates to start but once you have a proven yourself as a writer and businessman I think it's only right to charge market rates. I agree that the DP admins should maybe try to enforce minimum pricing for certain services that tend to be overran with undercutters and scammers.

freelancewebaz, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  13. alodia

alodia Peon

Best Answers:
    Payment should go along with articles quality =) IMO $2 is not enough for 500 word article, high quality.

alodia, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  14. jamila

jamila Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm just thinking that the moderators would consider regulating the pricing of services.
    I dont know if thats possible but if some us us will offer very low prices for services, then the whole idea of working online becomes a mirage.
    We are choosing this road so that we attain financial freedom.

jamila, Sep 23, 2011 IP
  15. workaholic14

workaholic14 Peon

Best Answers:
    Seriously, writing too much for too less of a price is just not bearable. But, there is so much of competition, they is so much of supply of writers than the demand and this is why both the quality of work and the pay price of work is deteriorating and the people who just survive on the internet based jobs, they are ready to serve for a lesser price. No one is really saving anything over here and they don't even manage to even meet different bills. But, one can't sit idle too. There are many of the clients on other websites, who used to pay $5 and now they are paying at $2 or $2.5 and then are hiring the proof readers, who just charge a dollar or two to edit the work. In nutshell, they save and there is so much of competition that the clients can easily find writers who write an average quality for a lower price. Things have changed so much since I started working. In all these 3-4 years, I feel that there is no chance of increase because no wonder writers are ready to work at $1 or $1.5 also... This is really upsetting :( If you need work, lower your price, else you lose work :(

workaholic14, Sep 30, 2011 IP
  16. diwwie

diwwie Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi
    I've been working online for a while now and found that articles is to intensive work for wat they pay you so I did a bit of searching and found this http://www.fanslave.net/ref.php?ref=107000 the longer your with them and the more you do the more they pay you for a task.

diwwie, Sep 30, 2011 IP
  17. serialink

serialink Member

Best Answers:
    I've been writing articles online since the end of October and I've come to the conclusion that people are crazy to expect quality content for prices this low. I found out quickly that it is best to avoid places like odesk and similar sites because the employers there want something for nothing literally. It's insane!

serialink, Jan 9, 2012 IP
  18. The Nix

The Nix Peon

Best Answers:
    Those who offer their services for $3 below for a 500 word article usually have pretty bad quality. But hey, sometimes it comes to a bidding war. If a writer is in real need of money, he may do work even if the pay is well below his standards. As for me, when I'm really desperate, I charge $4 per 500 words, but my usual rate is $5 per 500. :)

The Nix, Jun 12, 2012 IP
  19. JerryRogers

JerryRogers Member

Best Answers:
    I get what you mean but Fiverr isnt helping your case very much. Now people are even now more wired to expect a 500 word article for a maximum $5

JerryRogers, Jun 12, 2012 IP
  20. jimwriter

jimwriter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ok, guys I agree with many of your comments. Some time back I used to write 1.2$ for a 400 word article. However, I discovered I was starving myself. Nowadays, I write 5 articles and sell for 10$ but I own the rights. This helps me to sell them to other people as I categorize them as PLR articles. I have sold some of these packs to over 50 people.
    Applying some mathematics, 50 x 10 = 500$ for only five articles. This is better compared to writing 1 article for 20$ because 20 x 5 =100$.

jimwriter, Nov 1, 2012 IP