1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

BuddyZone vs. PHPFox vs. Handshakes, which is better for a college social community?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by theprofessional, Jun 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clenard

clenard Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't listen to peoples "reviews". If you're worried about "wasting money" then take a trial of PHPFox and even Buddyzone and see which is better... I think you'll find the realistic choice for only $39.99 ... both PHPFox and Buddyzone have the Leased Versions for that price. :)

You should note that neither will allow you to modify code for this price - but you'll get to play with the functionality of both. Also check out the Communities as well... PHPFox has an excellent community and it's been very active for a while. Customer Support is great too. But I'd rather you take it for a test drive, just incase :)

clenard, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  2. EJRaven

EJRaven Active Member

Best Answers:

Sir, I seldom argue with people on the internet, but your recent indirect insults to my opinions on the current social networking scripts is very disrespectful.

All of your posts sounds like begging to me buy my script! buy my script! And don't listen to anyone's opinions, they are worthless? I mean who listens to people's reviews? right? You are much better off listening to the advice of the script developers; their opinion is much more objective and unbiased. Lol

Recommending Buddyzone is also very hypocritical of you since you just wrote in another thread that it was "(Buddyzone) just a terrible, outdated script that will never get close to PHPFox in ANY way" why would you recommended such a terrible and outdated script then? I will tell you why, because you were just trying to cover up your begging spree by trying to recommend another script along with yours to make seem like you were trying to be give people choices when in fact you are just begging for people to buy your buggy script. Very low marketing tactic imo.

When selling your script to people, be honest about it, people will appreciate honesty and instead of having such high expectations an honest opinion about your script will make people less likely to recent their choice based on the script's actual performance and administrative experience.

Back on topic:
    I highly recommend going with the underdog "handshakes", their demo is highly functional and the script is less buggy than others.

EJRaven, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  3. kartik786

kartik786 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I m still waiting for alicia phpizabi :|

kartik786, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  4. clenard

clenard Active Member

Best Answers:

A) I'm not a developer of PHPFox... I have developed many mods for the script because it's so easy to do.

B) I recommend TRYING Buddyzone since you can lease it for $39.99 and then lease PHPFox for $39.99 as well.

Why would I recommend doing this? Simple - because YOU are an obvious "hater" of a script you know nothing about. Your "review" is very biased and not a real review. To write a review you will need to have much more information to hand out to people than "that script sucks... "

As for Buddyzone - yes, it's not very good but it's BETTER THAN HANDSHAKES. How do I know? Because I just purchased Handshakes approximately 2 weeks ago because I want to have many DIFFERENT sites and I heard handshakes was good... now I have owned sites using Buddyzone, Handshakes and PHPFox. And I can honestly... HONESTLY say that PHPFox is MUCH, MUCH better than anything I've used.

Scripts I HAVE used:
    Handshakes - it's OKAY to say the least. If you know how to code in PHP - then it can be better with time. Is it worth the money? Sure! It's much better than hiring someone to code the same thing for $2,000! Support is okay at best. They have low activity forums here: http://forums.dzoic.com

Buddyzone - same as above. I wish I would have gotten to use the Lease and not purchased the script. This is why I say "TRY IT" for $39.99 a month. Overall, it's worth the money if you have the time to modify it... which I no longer have. Skills are fine if you have the time. Support is average at best. They have forums but they're not active last time I looked.

E-Friends - absolutely terrible. I would NOT purchase this script as I've worked with a friends script for weeks only to continue to have NO SUPPORT and NO LUCK fixing all of the bugs in this script. Support will not contact you back... how do I know? From EXPERIENCE. Also, Google for this script.

PHPFox - by far the best. I know this because I USED THIS SCRIPT SINCE FEBRUARY... I didn't "buy it and install it for someone" and decide to hate it. PHPFox has a ROCK SOLID support system. From Tickets to forums to live chat to a Doc system as well as VIDEOS, coming soon. Very active forums here: http://forums.phpfox.com , docs: http://docs.phpfox.com and click on Sales or support if you want quick answers. You might also catch them on Live Chat.

Now, this is my review and I could care less if someone is against it... but I have worked with each script for quite some time - not a few hours and decided I didn't like it. :p

Now you can say what you will - but the fact remains that PHPFox is to SNS's what VBulletin is to forums, bottom line. In it's first year it went from a small, direct competitor of buddyzone to the leader of the pack by far. There's a REAL community that's not "thrown together"...actually there's also phpfoxbox.com, phpfoxplanet.com amongst others. There's a major following with the script and they are a REAL BUSINESS. Unlike other companies who sell their script along with 20 others on their cheesy sites. :rolleyes:

Now speaking of "be honest". Please be honest with yourself in admitting that you have not worked with PHPFox much, if at all. Your attempt to claim I'm a developer for PHPFox is obsurd and about legit as your "reviews". Begging people to purchase? Hardly... I'm saving people from spending $400 on scripts that they won't be happy with in a year.

And for those who are curious - PHPFox 1.5 "Konsort" will be arriving on November 1st. 1.09 had many bugs and one version should not be what the script is about as 1.1 is much better than Handshakes has ever been - and that's coming from someone who works on a handshakes site every day.

Again, stop claiming I'm a PHPFox developer. Do some research before you make such claims. Since you're the one I caught trying to sell hype about "PHPRaven" ... is that why you're making these claims? because I called you out on that? hmmmm...

clenard, Oct 5, 2006 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  5. EJRaven

EJRaven Active Member

Best Answers:
    EJRaven, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  6. Pastorsinlot

Pastorsinlot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I look over all the maojor social scripts and I pick phpfox, mainly cause it more clean and great support and great forum.

Same reason i pick vbulletin over phpbb. Much better community and help

Pastorsinlot, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  7. lilquit

lilquit Peon

Best Answers:
    PHPFOX probably has the worst customer service ever ! That is forsure! NOONE ANSWERS AT THE 1- 800 # EVER!, NOONE CALLS BACK!!, THE LIVE CHAT is NEVER ONLINE! The people that reply to your questions in the ticket system are no help at all. You answer their questions, then someone else responds and asks you pretty much the same question over again and it goes NOWHERE! It seems like they are too lazy to read the whole ticket. My ticket has been open for a week now. I am very upset. It is absoultely SHOCKING service and I was seriousy their first customer ever in late July of 2005!

lilquit, Oct 7, 2006 IP
  8. lilquit

lilquit Peon

Best Answers:
    YESS they got back to me and it is finally all good now. I was very frustrated last night!

lilquit, Oct 8, 2006 IP
  9. 010081

010081 Banned

Best Answers:
    well i guess phpfox is good,i would be great if anyone would sell phpfox licence for cheap.

010081, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  10. Skribblez

Skribblez Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I personally use phpFox on Jibble. And although I haven't finished with the mods and the new design, it's a great script with lots of functionality. The support forum seems to be pretty active. The only thing that I have found annoying so far with this script is that you can't change your username and can only do it through phpMyAdmin, but I guess that would be added to the next release.

Overall, I can definitely say I'm happy. It's a great script and I'm sure it will only continue to improve.

Skribblez, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  11. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    reapr, Oct 15, 2006 IP
  12. garin

garin Peon

Best Answers:
    Clenard is a phpfoxtalk mod, He doesnt own buddy zone's script.
    He claims to be a programmer but cant program shit. ask to see his PHPFOX mods they are non exsistant.

Also he has stolen money from phpfox customers by offering them mods and requiring deposits and then never giving them the mods.

He has done this several times. and as he is a mod over at phpfox he deletes the thread when these people call him out on his trickery.

He is promising people a youtube clone mod for phpfox and taking deposit later in the thread you will see members wanting him to return the deposits they made and him ignoring them.

This is one of several threads that he has pulled this.
    However being as he is a mod over there he simply deletes and removes them.

Dejavous (Offline)
    Mods Club

Default 10-16-2006, 12:45 PM
    FINALLY A REPLY!!!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by clenard View Post
    You should have contacted me via PM if you couldn't get ahold of me... I mean if you felt that posting in a thread I haven't posted in for months was going to get my attention - you've also proved yourself wrong.
    There is a HUGE notice in your signature saying NOT to pm you. I also tried emailing you, sending you offline messages on messenger. AFTER ALL THAT FAILED, the logical conclusion was to post in the thread where I found you.

Quote:
    As for the "deposit" I have NO CLUE why you're stating this. I sold you the MP3 Mod and created a News Mod that both worked fine on two sites and your server was giving me problems... I fixed them and then hours later the problems occurred because someone edited files - this was going on for DAYS! I finally stopped working on it and told you to contact me when the other issues resolve because I can't continue to work on your site much longer. I had fixed the problems well over 10 times. Now, if you contacted me in EMail and I didn't respond - I was obviously sick during that time as I never miss Emails and you of all people should know this since you contacted me day and night and always got returned emails. Now when we worked out a price for the two - I told you that I didn't want to take a deposit for the product as I did not release it.
    False. I paid you for the music mod and payed you extra for the a deposit on the video mod. As for the News mod, it NEVER worked properly and was never used. I will check to see if I have an email proving this...in anycase, I should have the msn messenger conversation saved.

Quote:
    But, if you contact me on MSN we can discuss this rather than making this a public spectacle. You could have easily PM'ed me about this since you thought I was "ignoring" you.
    Well Clenard, I would be MORE than happy to discuss this on MSN messenger but i have not seen nor heard from you since on MSN, EMAIL, or PM until now. I know you have been online so that leads me to believe that you have blocked me...

Quote:
    You REALLY need to contact me via Google or MSN A.S.A.P.
    Up until now, this seems to have been the ONLY way to contact you. My money is still outstanding and I truly hope we resolved this sooner rather than later. Please unblock me on messenger or PM your new details if you they have changed.

Regards.
    Deja.
    Last edited by Dejavous : 10-16-2006 at 01:25 PM.

phpfox allows its mods to steal additional money from you. and thats fact
    Harry Anderson is your best friend until he has your money in hand.

Sobuyer BEWARE

garin, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  13. nickthrolson

nickthrolson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    phpfox is getting alot better i reccomend it

nickthrolson, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  14. clenard

clenard Active Member

Best Answers:

haha... someone just pointed me to this thread. You're a clown and a stalker with nothing but nonsense. You copied and pasted one thread that was an obvious misunderstanding and the issue is being resolved.

As for my mods and my programming skills -- "kid", you're the Thief and people on PHPFox begged for you to be banned and you WERE BANNED for stealing SEVERAL MODS and passing them off as your own. So please, let's not speak on Skills because I have them, you steal them. My MP3 Mod sold so many copies I had to stop selling them to let my original customers have something a little more unique. So obviously my mods "do exist" and my skills are way above what yours will ever be. I don't build mods because I'm not a full time programmer as I have several successful sites...you run one joke of a site that got shut down for having stolen scripts all over it.

Again, coming on sites to stalk me with posts full of lies is just childish but that's all you are anyways... a 42 year old Kid who steals Mods and gives them away and calls himself "robinhood" haha! NO, I'm not joking... this old guy calls himself ROBINHOOD and steals from 18 year old kids programming for a living.

You're a joke "wartog".

clenard, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  15. Activeweb

Activeweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been trying to decide on a social networking script also and have narrowed it down to these 2 choices:

www.webscribble.com
    www.ifdate.com

Has anyone had a chance to review those 2? If so, what did you think?

Activeweb, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  16. seo-mumbai

seo-mumbai Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    seo-mumbai, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  17. bhs

bhs Guest

Best Answers:
    I do not agree with you on your comment for vBulletin.
    You're saying that vBulletin sucks and is primitive software. I honestly haven't heard this before and everybody knows that there is no better forum software than vBulletin. Perhaps for some it sucks because it is little price, but we shouldn't miss inform others just because we cannot afford it.

To stick to the subject:
    I am using phpFox and I've tested Handshakes.
    phpFox had few bugs and the curent version is a bit confusing for users, but they are coming out with new version (Konsort) which will be open source and much much better than current version (this is per their stuff posts in phpfoxtalk.com and we will find out yes or no in few days).
    The thing with phpFox team is that they never stop working, they are very friendly and always there for their members. They have large forum community where you can find answer for any question that may arise and they constantly keep on adding new mods and improving the software.

Handshakes definitely looks slick and in my opinion its a bit better designed than phpFox at the time. I do not own the software so I can't say whether they provide good support or not.

I haven't used the Buddyzone and can't say nothing about it either.

My suggestions are either phpFox or Handshakes. They both seam as they will be out there for a while. If you ask me to chose between these two; I'll say phpFox for the above mentioned reasons.

Hope I helped...

ps.
    My favorite quote: Trust, but verify. (Ronald Reagan)

bhs, Nov 1, 2006 IP
  18. StockScripts

StockScripts Guest

Best Answers:
    We have handshakes V2 for $80. Licenses are limited. If anyone wants it send me a pm. We do accept paypal, major credit cards and 2CO

StockScripts, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  19. bhs

bhs Guest

Best Answers:

well, just tried the handshakes and i personally prefer phpfox. handshakes is actualy much more confusign than phpfox. again try it for yourself but i think there is not better social networking software out there than phpfox.

bhs, Nov 12, 2006 IP
  20. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree ...

I have always been a supporter of free scripts or donate ware or ones with a decent free trial period. I just feel that if the author thinks they have a great product and the subscriber thinks it is worth it then it is worth purchasing.

It seems I have always made money off of these types of scripts ... not selling them but using them.

That being said phpizabi is a great product and alicia has potential. Is there any other product that can beat it as far as offering a free trial period?

Comments anyone?

Clenard?

EJRaven?

reapr, Nov 13, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.