1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My id is compromised...help

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by newbie191, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    My real ID on this board is 'newbie191'
    I took a review copy from this guy
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1987225

And installed that code on my computer.
    He took over my google id too but thanks God I have recovered it. Now he had changed password and email address of my DP id. that's why i have created a new one.
    I think I reported this thread with my 'newbie191' id about two hours ago but non of the mods came online.
    You can check my history I always come online from Pakistan. I don't know from which country this scammer belongs. Please help :(

newbie191, Oct 31, 2010 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    I will ban your old id.

Smyrl, Oct 31, 2010 IP
    newbie191 likes this.
  3. Mr Perfect

Mr Perfect Peon

Best Answers:
    Why dont you help him to get him his old ID rather than banning OLD ID ?

Mr Perfect, Oct 31, 2010 IP
    newbie191 likes this.
  4. Mr Perfect

Mr Perfect Peon

Best Answers:
  5. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Only our admins can help. I can keep hijacker from having access to account until damage is repaired.

Smyrl, Oct 31, 2010 IP
  6. Mr Perfect

Mr Perfect Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Shannon !

7. newbie191

newbie191 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ok I will keep visiting this thread again and again. I hope admin will restore my old account soon. These hackers are really bad people. I don't believe they do such stunts just for fun.
    But I have got another reason to love google today. The hacker had changed my password recovery email address of google account. I filled out google's account restoration form and believe it or not I got a reply from google within 10 minutes. They changed the password recovery email immediately. I was really in big tension because losing my google account would mean losing my adsense account all my emails in gmail inbox, all my passwords and settings for my domain registrars etc and etc Anyways thanks to google once again. :)

newbie191, Oct 31, 2010 IP
  8. newbie191

newbie191 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I think everything is back to normal now.
    Lesson learned for me is that I will never install any softwares from a stranger in my pc again. I am not really sure what exactly happened but there can be two possibilities. The software which that guy sent me enabled him to remotely access my pc because it was restarting my pc again and again. OR it was some kind of keylogger which was reading the keys I was pressing.
    I did my OS again yesterday but I still don't believe what was happening, it was a total nightmare. Actually I left my pc idle because I had to go for lunch for half an hour and internet was connected. That scammer was logged in to my google chat id and sent chat messages to all my contacts, my contacts told me latter. He was asking them to guess my birth date.

Anyways I think problem is solved now this thread may be closed. :)

newbie191, Nov 1, 2010 IP
    laxman363 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.