1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Adsense Journey From $0 to $2637 per month In 2.5 years!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by COBSolutions, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COBSolutions

COBSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the thought of effort to reach on top of SERPs is giving you jitters, right, that is a bad sign, get something to motivate you.

That is smartpricing, but this will also vanish on the first spot of SERPs, because there is no one else to share your revenue, your site ad space gets auctioned out at adwords for the best price, so you get the money too.

COBSolutions, Oct 17, 2010 IP
  2. farhajr

farhajr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    meaning the one listed on top on SERPS gets the most income for a keyword.., and what about the income from other pages after the visitor lands on the page from SERPS ..

farhajr, Oct 17, 2010 IP
  3. hotelmemo

hotelmemo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I feel it`s because you have resources...

hotelmemo, Oct 17, 2010 IP
  4. swasts

swasts Peon

Best Answers:
    May I know what method did you use to drivin traffic to your website??
    did you use just simple SEO or other getting traffic system??

swasts, Oct 17, 2010 IP
  5. bigitaboss

bigitaboss Peon

Best Answers:
    what was the reason? site just made for adsense?

bigitaboss, Oct 17, 2010 IP
  6. COBSolutions

Best Answers:
    Just simple SEO to gain better rankings in search engines to drive organic traffic as that is the only kind of traffic which converts well.

I have never tried affiliates, basically never had the time to try it or learn more about it :D

Whenever your homepage or main page ranks on top 3 spots for their desired keywords, it also helps ranking of inner pages for its desired keywords (this happens for sure and not guess work) as the authority from main page of the site flows down to the other pages. Also this is not the pagerank that i am talking about, it is the authority status which google assigns to your particular page for its keywords and ranks it their and then the associated keywords for other pages starts automatically rankings and rankings bring more clicks and more clicks lead to more money.

COBSolutions, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  7. COBSolutions

Best Answers:
    Well, i also never used to believe it till i started earning that.

That one sentence is easy to post, but it takes time and effort to post a long one with all the details as to how to do it so that you can help other too without revealing much of your personal success secrets, since that is what the purpose of this forum is about.

COBSolutions, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  8. farhajr

Best Answers:
    I wanted to know one thing that if my webpage has an internal link posted 3-4 times on a single page (and that is internal link; not pointing to the other website).. would Google make any negative points for it or decrese my PR or SERPS for a keyword... and

If I post a link on the other website (PR 6) for a backlink and that also 3-4 times, would it be counted as 1 link or 3 links from the PR 6 page

farhajr, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  9. COBSolutions

Best Answers:
    No negative points here, rather you should place a link of important pages from all of your other deep pages as that gets your pages crawled each and every time the bots come there and that helps in ranking too.

Though many links wont count towards your backlink, but if you are placing links to many different pages on the same domain, then the PR juice flows down to give PR to those inner pages and PR is one of the ranking factors. So it is beneficial to gain as many diverse kind of links rather than always getting anchor text pointed keyword backlinks.

Answer to your this post:

Placing the same keyword and same url 3 to 4 times on the same page is not going to make any difference, whatever the PR is, neither is it going to pass the PR or link juice that many times, it will be counted just as one link.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
    COBSolutions, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  10. farhajr

Best Answers:
    Can u please explain the lower part of ur answer again to me.. what I meant was placing a backlink of my inner page along with its target keyword 3-4 times on a page whose pr is 6 or 5 or a high PR..

farhajr, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  11. COBSolutions

Best Answers:
    No, this is not going to give any effect neither towards your PR nor backlink count, only one link from the page will be counted even if you add 5 or 10 of them.

COBSolutions, Oct 26, 2010 IP
  12. sweetrock82

sweetrock82 Member

Best Answers:
    First of all Congrats!!

Really inspiring.. and you have shared a great details, enough for me to work even harder.

I have few questions as i have been reading this thread since last night on and off..

1. How many article directories you submit to?
    2. You use any submittion tool or do that manually?
    3. If you use any tool, what tool is that?

I haven't used article submission as of now but it is indeed an arsenal you just proved.

sweetrock82, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  13. COBSolutions

Best Answers:
    Well, the answers are quite simple:

1. How many article directories you submit to? - I submit to maximum number of article directories, i entered into article marketing business by way of using those submissions to promote my adsense sites, that is how it all started. Learned the tricks and started selling them to make more money. Currently i have a list of more than 1500 article sites, see the point here, get as many backlinks as you can, immaterial whether it is a PR0 or PR7 article directory, all links count as far as i am concerned, no link is worthless and when you are vying for the top spot, it is that one odd worthless links that makes the difference by way of increasing your backlinks count :D

2. You use any submittion tool or do that manually? - I have tried many fully automatic and semi automatic tools, but there is an inherent problem with all these tools, their failure rate is pretty high, so you end up with fewer links than had you done it manually, though there is no discounting the fact that this reduces the workload a lot, but again, those many failed submissions might be the ones which makes the difference between the 1st spot and 2nd spot in google.

3. If you use any tool, what tool is that? - It is recommended to do it manually and of course, do not forget to spin the articles for better results

COBSolutions, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  14. WiroWaas

WiroWaas Peon

Best Answers:
    Better to do it manually, but it will take ages. Do you have an idea which one is better between SB and XR ?

WiroWaas, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  15. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Try affiliate marketing. You will earn more.

andrej, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  16. olegb

olegb Peon

Best Answers:
    COBsolution, thank you for your useful post and your time you spent answering some questions here.
    I have some questions, too, for when you'll have a free minute to answer
    1. I would love to know how do you know when a site becomes "unsuccessful"? What makes you decide you no longer work on it and kill it?
    2. Do you take in account the keyword density in the articles you write?
    3. Are your sites built to have some hierarchy of the pages, folders or you just add pages in the same folder?
    4. Do you think your good SERPS results are due to the fact that you built your sites by hand and uploaded each page as static on and not a dynamic? do you think that makes any difference?
    Thank you for your time. Me and the users reading this post appreciate your time and effort
    Have a great day!

olegb, Oct 31, 2010 IP
  17. COBSolutions

Best Answers:
    Here are your answers:

1. I would love to know how do you know when a site becomes "unsuccessful"? What makes you decide you no longer work on it and kill it? -

Unsuccessful is when you know it is just not possible to get rankings in those niche, a very tough niche etc. That is my lookout for being unsuccessful, though i know others may disagree, people go by the monetization part, any niche if you are in the top 3 should pay handsomely, may not be good enough to earn 4 digit figures in a month but good enough to give a colective boost to your adsense earnings. I had one such site in a very tough niche (food niche) and i found the earnings were also meagre, and stopped helping the site around 2 years back, but i never killed that site as i never do that, what do you lose by just keeping it their hosting and domain fees, well you have worked more on it to kill it, so i just leave it their and guess what couple of months back i suddenly found increased earnings and traffic activity in that site, when checked i found that site to be in the first page of SERPs, since then i started working on it again and am trying to get it to top 3 and i know it will work again. So my advice is not to kill your sites, if you thinkg it is not working for you, then just leave it their, you never know when Big G decides to give you that push

2. Do you take in account the keyword density in the articles you write? -

Yes, i take it into account only to keep it below 3%, so that i dont get negative push from search engines

3. Are your sites built to have some hierarchy of the pages, folders or you just add pages in the same folder? -

I dont create any kind of hierarchy of pages, i just keep creating pages, the only thing i do is internal linking and a nice navigational structure, i list out all the pages in a side bar with clear heading for each section and listing all the pages link in that section, this directs the search bots very nicely to your pages. Also do internal linking, i search for broad keywords of each pages and list it out in a spreadsheet with urls and then go about searching for them in the content pages and when i find the actual keywords or even closely related keywords i link to them with the url of the page where the content is based on that keyword.

4. Do you think your good SERPS results are due to the fact that you built your sites by hand and uploaded each page as static on and not a dynamic? do you think that makes any difference? -

I am a strong believer that even today search bots prefer static html pages, all my pages which rank high are static html pages and all the biggest earners till today are static html pages, though there are two sites that are showing up now, one is a wordpress blog and another is a database based site, they have started showing slight results, will see how it works only once it reaches the first 3 spots in Google

COBSolutions, Nov 2, 2010 IP
  18. dragtastic

dragtastic Member

Best Answers:
    congrats!!! this is awesome news!!!

I love the fact that you also mentioned what things to avoid - such as get rich quick e books - great tips and congrats once again

dragtastic, Nov 3, 2010 IP
  19. ktshoppe

ktshoppe Peon

Best Answers:
    good writeup. Congrats on your adsense journey. Every line of the story is inspiring. I am yet waiting to apply adsense for my blog. I am thinking to apply when I have 40-50 posts. Currently 25.

ktshoppe, Nov 3, 2010 IP
  20. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Congrats, testing and tweaking is key to any business model. You mentioned about article submission to many directories, i wanted to know if you use any software to submit to all those directories?

getjimmy, Nov 3, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.