1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can anyone help me to create an image hosting site

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by crookboy, Oct 29, 2010.

I wish to have an imagehosting site.I know what all things i should have.But i dont know how to create it.Is there any tutorial for that.I beleive it is somthing like this
    You should have a vps.domain registration and upload the script.
    I beleive it would be a real help if you could share your knowledge..

crookboy, Oct 29, 2010 IP
  2. Pipert

Pipert Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all, choose a domain and suitable hosting. Typically there are many free image hosting scripts. Mihalism Multi Host seems to be far popular.

You can register a domain at Godaddy and there are plenty of hosting options available. Start off with shared hosting.

Pipert, Oct 30, 2010 IP
  3. cjscully

cjscully Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are probably dozens of ways to do this depending on your hosting service, your technical abilities and several other factors.

If you can't get adequate help from your hosting company in terms of how to get it set up, I may be able to build it and get it up and running for you.

cjscully, Oct 30, 2010 IP
  4. DarkBeam

DarkBeam Peon

Best Answers:
    Buy or get a script and register a catchy domain name.

DarkBeam, Oct 30, 2010 IP
  5. Nythe

Nythe Peon

Best Answers:
    For an image hosting site (file hosting site, essentially), you will need the script(s), the domain and the web hosting. The biggest difficulty is in the scripting if you are making it yourself. You will need to learn about client-side to server-side interactions, database management, file uploading and more. There are several tutorials on the web about this so try and search for relevant tutorials and you should get some pretty good results.

Nythe, Oct 31, 2010 IP
  6. cjscully

cjscully Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's definitely doing it the hard way. Using a CMS platform you could have something like this up and running in a matter of hours without a ton of technical expertise.

cjscully, Oct 31, 2010 IP