1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Microsoft: Windows 8 Is 2 Years Away

Discussion in 'Bing' started by robin maheshwari, Oct 24, 2010.

robin maheshwari, Oct 24, 2010 IP
  2. ruk00112

ruk00112 Peon

Best Answers:
    Its nice that they're making another one of those OS and looking forward to some extra and better features than that of win7

ruk00112, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  3. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    In the meantime, corporations are showing little interest in Windows7 while eyeing Apple's iPad instead.

Talking about Windows8 being under way is rather silly. In any corporate environment, the next generation is started on as soon as the current is finished. This blog post is only stating the obvious.

drhowarddrfine, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  4. dream party

dream party Active Member

Best Answers:
    At this August, I heard that Windows 8 is going to released in this year. But now is two years later. Which source is true?

dream party, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  5. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    It took Microsoft almost 3 years to get Windows 7 out after Vista but you thought they could get Win8 out in less than a year?

drhowarddrfine, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  6. yourshowman

yourshowman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wow Thats Great.

yourshowman, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  7. indyguidedotinfo

indyguidedotinfo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    most companies i know of are still using xp and vista with no plans of moving to windows 7

indyguidedotinfo, Oct 30, 2010 IP
  8. Helado

Helado Peon

Best Answers:
    Vista is crap, XP was good and Windows 7 is good. W7 is like a fixed Vista; looks good, nice features and isn't bloated.

Helado, Oct 30, 2010 IP
  9. bilalx

bilalx Active Member

Best Answers:
    windows 7 is really great i like it, waiting for windows 8 , i am sure it will be amazing with best of the best features

bilalx, Oct 31, 2010 IP
  10. alex894

alex894 Guest

Best Answers:
    I still use XP with no hurry to upgrade to 7! How can Microsoft foresee what its market needs in windows 8 in the next 2 years? Like said above, Apple with their marketing tricks and always witha card up their sleeves is going to take over most of the pot in the OS marketplace!

alex894, Oct 31, 2010 IP
  11. DarkBeam

DarkBeam Peon

Best Answers:
    Why windows would reveal it's next OS before win7 got popular is beyond me.

DarkBeam, Oct 31, 2010 IP
  12. webmaster0098

webmaster0098 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    windows 7 is great and really like it but software compatibility is a problem to this...!!

webmaster0098, Nov 28, 2010 IP
  13. maxgates

maxgates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Microsoft never said that they are going to release Windows 8 this year. At time when Windows 7 is selling one copy every seven seconds I don't think Microsoft will even think about releasing Windows 8. It will take some time to develop Win 8 as Microsoft do not want to take any risk especially after Vista.

maxgates, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  14. khan0072

khan0072 Member

Best Answers:
    yes maxgates i agree with you ....

khan0072, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  15. maxgates

Best Answers:
    Companies like Microsoft gets a fair bit of idea about the consumers need. Apart from vista Microsoft has done fairly good job in OS.

As far Apple taking over OS market, they could not dent Microsoft's share much when people rejected Vista. Now when most of the people are extremely satisfied with Windows 7, its very difficult of Apple to take over OS market. Microsoft will rule PCs where Apple is going to rule tablets and smartphone area.

Besides huge problem for Apple to conquer OS market in PC is that it has failed to impress big markets like India and China. So far Mac, iPhone and iPad all three have failed in India which is the second fastest growing economy in the world.

maxgates, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  16. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Interest is shifting from desktop PCs and notebooks to mobile devices like iPads and smartphones. This is how Apple will overtake Microsoft in the consumer market but even corporations have taken an interest in iPads to replace notebooks for their mobile executives and salesmen.

drhowarddrfine, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  17. markov

markov Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with your opinion.
    Microsoft has really failed in India and China.
    They are really the biggest market in the world.
    Microsoft should take concrete steps to deliver their operating system @ $10

markov, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  18. hima rao

hima rao Peon

Best Answers:
    Windows 7 is clearly selling well, so Microsoft will not want to release the next version in a hurry. But I do wish they would at least release a beta version in the coming year, and not in 2012!

hima rao, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  19. sar420

sar420 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Actually the situation is not as bad, because nowadays more and more laptops are buying laptops in India, which come pre-loaded with original Windows. So its only getting better for Microsoft there. Piracy here is usually done by individuals who assemble a desktop. In companies and offices, priacy is nearly non-existent.

sar420, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  20. maxgates

Best Answers:
    First of all I was talking about Apple. Microsoft is well placed in India and China, they had huge problems 2-3 years back due to piracy but things have changed. Secondly, $10 OS, are you kidding me.

I think Apple could face severe problems if it fails to make progress in India and China. In 5-7 years PC requirement in India will reach around the same level in United States and China is the second largest economy. Apple can't afford to lose these markets.

Apple is doing well in United States but lately it has suffered setbacks outside US. For example in US Android can't match the sales of iOS but in Europe is beating iPhone sales easily. In Asia Android is leading and in India marketshare of iPhone is almost zero where Android is leading.

Similar is the situation in PCs. Mac is giving competition to Windows in USA but in Asia, South America, Windows is clear winner.

maxgates, Nov 30, 2010 IP