1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Lost PR from PageRank 3-4 too 0-1 overnight

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by salg@mytrendyphone.dk, Oct 21, 2010.

Monday evening we got an attack DDoS on our search box that attacked our IP. The attack was on www.mytrendyphone.se , www.mytrendyphone.no and 3 other shops. Our provider changed our IP so that we can come online. Automatically we lost our Pagerank at same time. Next day we shifted back to our normal IP adress but still our Pagerank was lost on all shops that are on this IP. Some SEO people told us that the hacker attack have nothing with our lost Pagerank but we think maybe that it is something wrong on the server where all the 4 shops are. Maybe there was installed something that should block the attack and now it block google to read Pagerank.
    We have other 2 shops that ate on an other server at the sam provider and they did not lost anythning on their Pagerank. Can somebody help?

salg@mytrendyphone.dk, Oct 21, 2010 IP
  2. Joe Latham

Joe Latham Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Google has been doing PR updates lately...My buddy from Dubai was explaining this. I had three PR 3 domains that went to 0.....I don't think it has anything to do with being hacked.....Good Luck Bro.!!

Joe Latham, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  3. fee_kyu

fee_kyu Peon

Best Answers:
    yes on this month google doing update and yahoo update the backlink

fee_kyu, Oct 30, 2010 IP
  4. unknownpray

unknownpray Active Member

Best Answers:
    Did this happen before or after the Panda Update. After the Panda update the PR of all my sites had increased by 1 get some real original and fresh content up there to help you out.

unknownpray, Sep 9, 2011 IP
  5. bobwarner01

bobwarner01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Seems very strange thing,In an overnight two things may happen.Some kinda bad neighborhood effect your site traffic badly or you got over seo your website.These are some chances that may happen.

bobwarner01, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  6. Mr victor

Mr victor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just continue with your backlink building it will jump to its former rank or above. It happened to me

Mr victor, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  7. ~Bored~

~Bored~ Active Member

Best Answers:
    This happens when google does its new calculations. Just because your site might be pr4 doesnt mean it cant go back to 3, 2, or even 0.

~Bored~, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  8. vistha82

vistha82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    google does PR update 4 times in a year.recent one was in feb 2012

vistha82, Mar 5, 2012 IP