1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Successful Blog without a niche?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by dragtastic, Oct 29, 2010.

I am looking to get some tips/info from people who have successful blogs that arent specific to a particular niche or have a domain that is, well made up. For example say your blog domain is a something made up, like a buzz word or something that is not relevant to your content - How did you get people to actually find your site? What resources did you use?

I am not really looking for generic answers such as "build content" - that is an obvious. Are there tips suggestions you can give me? I have a short buzz word ( i guess ) .co that I am trying to build up. I add content regularly, post to ezine, send stuff to FB and am wondering if there are other steps I am missing. Ideally, I would love for my blog to come up first on google when someone types in my domain - any tips on how to start getting there? Any wordpress plugins would also be appreciated! Im currently using headspace as my SEO.
    THANKS!

dragtastic, Oct 29, 2010 IP
  2. karmaseo

karmaseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to get No.1 at Google you need to have quality link building technique, use linkwheel, dummy blog, and related all your blogs with some SEO winners backlink. It make your sites fast to reach No.1.

karmaseo, Oct 29, 2010 IP
  3. junior3701

junior3701 Member

Best Answers:
    if you want your blog to come up to number 1 for your domain and it is a "buzz" name or made up... chances are it will be very simple to get to number one. The problem with that is, you can rank number 1 all you want but if nobody actually searches for that "buzz" word or made up word.. you still won't get any traffic. Obviously, the more competition for that word, the more marketing you will have to do.... i.e. linkbuilding

junior3701, Oct 29, 2010 IP
  4. Union

Union Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya. If you have a unique domain name, getting it to come up tops won't be hard. If you have a highly competitive keyword, with a .co domain, you need to compete for it by building relevant links. Why would people be searching for your keyword? What are the other sites in the rankings doing to get high ranking?

If you domain is unrelated to your content, like you mentioned, then you shouldn't worry about people searching for your domain name, so much as the keywords that are relevant to your content.

Union, Oct 29, 2010 IP
  5. yaseen4u

yaseen4u Peon

Best Answers:
    i agree with your statement.

yaseen4u, Nov 24, 2010 IP