1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Press Release Syndication - Could Tihs Be Considered Spam To Google?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by geester1, Oct 27, 2010.

I have been looking into press release submissions as part of link development for an established site and I was thinking if you published 1 PR per week and you were lucky enough to get it syndicated to say 200 web sites, over a period of 1 month that could potentially give 4 press releases x 200 web sites = 800 backlinks.

Would Google not see this as spam? Or are syndication systems excluded? Let me know your thoughts on this topic.

As I have found over 30 press release sites with page rank that allow anchor text - awesome for backlink building.

geester1, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  2. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have often seen 1 press release a month from MNCs but 4 PRs per month from a small business with no brand presence should raise red flag even on Bing's algorithm :D

jitendraag, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  3. rosesmark

rosesmark Active Member

Best Answers:
    But how you syndication the Press Release?

rosesmark, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  4. geester1

geester1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We have published 3 press releases per month, but as I mention it is for established sites that DO Have a brand presence (I didnt mention it - thought people would understand - oops!), this is how I have gotten 3 domains to rank on first page of Google for same niche, trying to dominate first page...especially when inner pages show!

Each of my sites has over 5,000 backlinks - this is what I mean by established, backlinks have been built constantly.

However, thank you for pointing out that this would not work for new domains, when submissions have to be staged over a period of months.

5. jitendraag

Best Answers:
    5000 backlinks? I don't call that an established website. Most bigger brands would have 6 figure links if they have been active for some time. 3 press releases per month are still a bit too much IMHO. Only HUGE companies with 100s of brands like Unilever or P&G might be in a position to roll out 3-4 PRs every month. Smaller businesses would be expected to publish 5-6 in a year.

6. geester1

geester1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But IN MY EXPERIENCE my sites have only improved in the SERPS and NOT been penalised. By the way the site is only 14 months old. I guess I will use it one of my "throw away domains" to see if it works and report back.

7. jitendraag

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing that. Experience is always better than theory :) Would love to hear your results with a throw-away domain.

8. sweta

sweta Peon

Best Answers:
    Great conversation. I have question for you. You mentioned to have link building with PR. Which type of anchor text you get from PR? And can you suggest some good PR services?

sweta, Oct 29, 2010 IP