1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Affiliate Income vs. Adsense [Which is Best?]

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Chris Munch, Aug 23, 2010.

?

Which Earns More - Affiliate Programs or Adsense?

1. Affiliate Markteing earns 200%+ More than Adsense

9 vote(s)
    22.5%
  2. Affiliate Marketing earns 50-200% More than Adsense

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  3. About the Same (neither is earning more than 50% more than the other)

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Adsense earns 50-200% More than Affiliate Marketing

9 vote(s)
    22.5%
  5. Adsense earns 200%+ More than Affiliate Marketing

15 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I not good in affiliate, my adsense earning is much better than affiliate program. many click buy but no purchase

lifeplayer, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  2. SearchMarketing

SearchMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Both makes enormous money. It's the matter of knowing what and when to do.

They are about equal but affiliate is more competitive when it comes to SEO.

SearchMarketing, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  3. DomoArigato

DomoArigato Active Member

Best Answers:
    Being in Affiliate Marketing, you need to be a SALESMAN. Just like i have some relatives come over at my house just to talk to me for an hour about Avon products or Tupperware kitchen stuffs. If i buy them, they make money. The difference with online affiliate marketing, you can bombard people with emails promoting your products, instead of going house-to-house or making annoying sales pitch phone calls to people.

So again, if you have that SALESMAN attitude in you, you will earn money.

Earning in Adsense on the other hand, is like athletes. You concentrate on your sport. And if you become popular, the advertisers will want to post their ads on your body. You don't need to sell anything, you do your stuff that makes you popular, and the ads will keep coming. In a way, Adsense is easier because you earn money doing what you love doing. With Affiliate marketing, you are FORCED to promote something which you might not even find interesting to you. Because as a salesman, you need to sell something to earn money.

DomoArigato, Oct 7, 2010 IP
  4. Jeffreyw

Jeffreyw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ^^
    Like setting up a review site of sorts. If the writer is good, readers would be convinced and then buy the product after clicking on the affiliate link.

I heard affiliate marketing makes more than Adsense.

But there are scams in affiliate marketing too, even big affiliate provider sites are involved such as Commission Junction etc. Commissions are not recorded in the marketer's account after the product has been bought.

Jeffreyw, Oct 7, 2010 IP
  5. immmi

immmi Peon

Best Answers:
    Well i also had to ask this, that the difference between Adsense and Affiliate. I may got something from here.

immmi, Oct 7, 2010 IP
  6. Lucky500

Lucky500 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I thinka hybrid site would be great. affiate/adsense and CPA. Adsense is good if you site have good ranks already. to build a site with just adsense in mind is foolish.

Lucky500, Oct 8, 2010 IP
  7. Reviewz

Reviewz Peon

Best Answers:
    Only in affiliate marketing can you get like....$400+ for like 500 visitors.... That would be like $800+ ECPM in Adsense.

With Adsense, you need more than 10,000-20,000 to make this amount. Actually more than that in many cases.

No kidding.

Just make sure you are good at selling the product. That is important.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
    Reviewz, Oct 8, 2010 IP
  8. Chris Munch

Chris Munch Peon

Best Answers:
    You don't have to be a salesman. You can also just be honest and give people the option to buy. Look at the price comparison and review sites out there - there is little in the way of salesmanship other than having an easy to use layout and clear calls to action, but they are not really pushing a sale.

Chris Munch, Oct 13, 2010 IP
  9. adams95ta

adams95ta Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have a blog with adsense that pulls around $40 a month and I switched the advertising completely to clickbank ads and they even seemed to be more relavent ads. Yet after a month I didn't sell a single thing. I've never sold a single affiliate product so I don't even mess with affiliates anymore. I know $40 a month isn't huge but it's better than nothing!

adams95ta, Oct 13, 2010 IP
  10. Chris Munch

Chris Munch Peon

Best Answers:
    1. If you switched Adsense ads with banner ads then that was a mistake. Banner ads do not perform very well for affiliate promotions. Instead use in-content recommendations, such as at the end of an article, or within an article, recommend a product that you beleive is good. Conversions will be a lot higher.

2. 1 month on that sort of traffic is not enough to test. With that sort of traffic you may not get a sale for a few months, and then get several sales in a single month. With low traffic levels your data sample is too low to draw a conclusion.

3. You can run Adsense ads AND Clickbank affiliate links on your site, so why not use both to increase revenue. Just try adding a Clickbank affiliate link to the end of every post while also leaving your Adsense ads intact. You will find your Adsense ads earn the same, but you also have additional clickbank revenue over time.

Chris Munch, Oct 21, 2010 IP
  11. asanka000

asanka000 Peon

Best Answers:
    for me it's adsense but most of people says they earn lots of money from affiliate

asanka000, Oct 21, 2010 IP
  12. honestkr

honestkr Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think affiliate will got more income cause we always have new product to sell but adsense wait user to click it

honestkr, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  13. mavericks63

mavericks63 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Affiliate Income is the best cuz I heard affiliate marketing makes more than Adsense.

mavericks63, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  14. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    According to me,Adsense and Affiliate programs both pays you good depending upon your choice which you choose and hard work you do.

Card, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  15. Jeffreyw

Jeffreyw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I followed your suggestion on my soccer blog. Soccer sites are not good in monetizing.

I put Buy Adidas Korea World Cup T-shirt at Amazon.com

http://bit.ly/9Ec9cC
    http://bit.ly/aa1cRc

I don't know if this is right.

Jeffreyw, Oct 29, 2010 IP
  16. DaStarBuG

DaStarBuG Peon

Best Answers:
    I wanted to say exactly the same. Very good points DomoArigato!

If you do affiliate marketing especially email list marketing everything depends on a high quality and large email list.
    If you managed to build up one you can easily make thousands of money per one product announcement.

However I for myself run several websites and Adsense works much better for me.
    It is passive income with not much work tied to it.
    I tried affiliate products or CPL campaigns and they perform horribly on my sites.
    But that is something everyone has to figure out for himself.

StarBuG

DaStarBuG, Oct 29, 2010 IP
  17. Carefreeguy

Carefreeguy Member

Best Answers:
    Too bad that there is NO option of both are GOOD. I prefer affiliate income...

Carefreeguy, Oct 29, 2010 IP
  18. stephensmith

stephensmith Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've done much better with Clickbank than with Adsense, but use them both -- sometimes together on the same site, sometimes not. Used to do pretty well with Amazon, too, until the stupid politicians in my state passed a law that resulted in Amazon ending its affiliate program for people whose residence is here.

stephensmith, Oct 30, 2010 IP
  19. COBSolutions

COBSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can never say that 'adsense is dangerous', danger is associated with any business, there are lot many factors which bring the downfall of a business.
    But for those who think adsense is "make money overnight" business, well it can be dangerous, to keep the momentum with the earnings in adsense one needs to be shrewd enough to keep developing new websites and never stall the further development of existing websites. The idea behind adsensing is "rinse n repeat" and put in the "hardwork" and it pays. To an extent once adsense kicks in it doesn't change much until and unless the industry you are in suddenly decides to spend lesser on your niche. Also to a great extent once the adsense websites kicks in with earnings, then it is mostly on automated mode, you just needs to add content and make the content spread virally as well as generate backlinks through normal mode or through link-bait.

Affiliates on the other hand is quick money, the results are instant but if you stop working it just do not keep generating income as you need to get traffic (targeted) to your affiliate ads to get the clicks and hope they convert. It has never worked for me, though personally i never tried it to my full potential, the vigor with which i did adsensing, may be it is time for me to give you affiliate marketers some competition :D

COBSolutions, Oct 30, 2010 IP
  20. articleshop4all

articleshop4all Member

Best Answers:
    Me too. I'm very poor in Affiliate earnings :(

articleshop4all, Oct 30, 2010 IP