1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is profile back Link Is usefulFor SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by logoonlinepros, Oct 26, 2010.

Hello friends ,

I would like to ask you that making profile with name and website link on high pr site is important for SEO purpose or not ?

logoonlinepros, Oct 26, 2010 IP
  2. Larry Moskovitz

Larry Moskovitz Peon

Best Answers:
    definitely it worth back to your site and give you pr and followers as well... your profile gets a pr after some time and it becomes a permanent quality backlink to you if placed on well reputed sites like digg, myspace, twitter etc. although it is 'dofollow' or not it throws traffic to your site...

Larry Moskovitz, Oct 26, 2010 IP
  3. Brad Callen

Brad Callen Peon

Best Answers:
    I would argue that a profile link is far from permanent. Not only do forums pop up and disappear frequently, often forums will delete inactive profiles. Do they work? Sure, but don't put all your eggs in one basket. My thinking is Google will easily identify profile links soon and de-value them significantly. Once that happens you better not have the majority of links coming from profiles! Also, with profile links you can't often dial down on relevancy..

I'm not saying they don't work right now. There has been conclusive results posted on other forums (like WF) that show that they do work. A high PR page is a high PR page, period. I'm just saying don't make this your only source of back links.

Brad Callen, Oct 26, 2010 IP
  4. Seoweb.in.ua

Seoweb.in.ua Peon

Best Answers:
    Any link, that is indexed, is usefull..

Seoweb.in.ua, Oct 26, 2010 IP
  5. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Profile links are definitely useful for SEO, you have to build hundreds of them and get them indexed. But you must know that most of these links are deleted within a year (most forums / community sites change code or delete such profiles regularly).

I would rate links made using quality blog comments higher than profile links.

jitendraag, Oct 26, 2010 IP
  6. prettybomb2008

prettybomb2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    So it means that our profile in popular networking site as well as in do follow forums would be useless after each year?...So what should we do after each year to save our profile links ?

prettybomb2008, Oct 26, 2010 IP
  7. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    For dofollow forums - You just need to be active. Many dofollow forum owners 'know' that they are giving dofollow sig links. For the community sites, drupal sites etc. it's mostly a matter of design change or version upgrade for these sites before dofollow vanishes ;-)

jitendraag, Oct 26, 2010 IP
  8. Jimmycolleen

Jimmycolleen Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I'm new to the field of back-linking. I wondering if it is feasible to use article directories to get back links. Are article directories dofollow or nofollow?

Thanks,
    Jimmy

Jimmycolleen, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  9. benwalter

benwalter Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Brad

benwalter, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  10. atniz

atniz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Profile link does help in SEO but compared to other type of links like comments, signature links, sidebar, footer and contextual, it is still one of the lowest type of back links.

I wouldn't spend my time in creating profile link building rather than concentrate more on converting traffic from contextual links.

atniz, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  11. logoonlinepros

logoonlinepros Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a to all for answering on a great question .Now i will find my best answer about profile link building.

logoonlinepros, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  12. sinuwun

sinuwun Member

Best Answers:
    Placing your link with desired anchor in forums signatures can get you some quality backlinks.Most people say that forum signatures are not holding much value when comes about SEO and search engine rankings but i strongly disagree and my fellow blogger Andy Black proves them wrong with his article “ hxxp://www.article-writer-pro.com/blog/index.php/06/are-forum-signature-links-good-for-seo/

sinuwun, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  13. badar1653

badar1653 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most of the profile links are no follow so good in terms of traffic but not much for SEO.

badar1653, Oct 27, 2010 IP