1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Am I Doing Wrong

Discussion in 'Google' started by KnightOfNih, Oct 26, 2010.

i have created a site based on 4-5 keywords.
    i would be ecstatic to earn $2 a day via adsense, thats my goal.

my keywords are not ranking in at number 1 but im trying and trying, best i have is 3rd.
    im getting 100-120ish hits a day according to analytics.

sad thing is my adsense clicks are quite dismal, i would get about 3-4 a week max earning a total of $1-2.

what am i doing wrong with the adsense placements? any advise on where to put them or what styles would me hugly appreciated. i want to get a handful of clicks a day if possible.

my keywords are Growing Chillies, Grow Chillies, Scoville Scale, Peter Peppers. how can i get them higher in google, im facebooking, writing articals for ezine/hubpages etc.

but yeah as stated before my main goal is getting some adsense clicks.

thanks guys and any replys are greatly appreciated.

fyi site is growingchilies.net

KnightOfNih, Oct 26, 2010 IP
  2. kalpana.allu

kalpana.allu Peon

Best Answers:
    you better target on keyword rankings

kalpana.allu, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  3. rahulbatra

rahulbatra Peon

Best Answers:
    I had seen this thing that if you are earning more from adsense account, Google usually dismiss your account.
    But I don't know why this happens.

rahulbatra, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  4. luckypunjab

luckypunjab Member

Best Answers:
    its depend how your site is old and you work on keyword, if you position is not good, then you need more and more work to get rank better.

luckypunjab, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  5. rahulbatra

rahulbatra Peon

Best Answers:
    Its not about old or new websites its about how many quality backlinks you have created for your website. No. of backlinks will result in high PR.

rahulbatra, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  6. KnightOfNih

KnightOfNih Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i'm semi happy with my traffic at the moment, but not happy that out of 120 visits a day i dont always get a click on the ads. are they in the right spot?

KnightOfNih, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  7. cashmanufacturing

cashmanufacturing Member

Best Answers:
    Are u sure ur visitors interested in commercial ads on ur page, not best niche for adsense earning...

cashmanufacturing, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  8. Reviewz

Reviewz Peon

Best Answers:
    Mate, the hard truth is, gardening niche never gets many clicks. I have a site in the gardening sector with almost 9000 unique visitors/month, and keeps increasing. But the earnings are atrocious. Very low CTR, and very low CPC. I kid you not.

You could use different ad size units, like bigger ones, but I doubt that would change anything much. GL.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
    Reviewz, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  9. janessecret

janessecret Peon

Best Answers:
    It's just the usual SEO question in a more specific site, to get good traffic you need good organic search rankings.... just look at some of the SEO discussions anywhere on the site. It takes a while but don't give up!

janessecret, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  10. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure what is your CTR. If your CTr is lower than 1.5%, you surely need to change your ads placement or setting
    However, for the SERP, it depends on your competitor, if your competitor is too strong like wikipedia, you gotta work out for years tto take over their place

lifeplayer, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  11. mchrest

mchrest Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would agree with other statement i believe your niche is the problem not placement of add or serp but the customer whocome are not simply adsense customers

mchrest, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  12. KnightOfNih

KnightOfNih Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i do thank you guys that were honest about the niche not being the "best" for asense. there is no point beating around the bush with these things. at least it shows me that i cant go in and earn the big dollars like i see reported on here.
    i would however still like to get my traffic up and my adsense earnings to $2 a day. and yeah wikipedia is beating me, but i can accept that, its the other sites that are in front of me that i think i can beat.

thanks for the encouragement, when i hit $2 a day ill look at another niche.

thanks again guys.

KnightOfNih, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  13. DoDo Me

DoDo Me Peon

Best Answers:
    DoDo Me, Oct 27, 2010 IP