1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about SEO on similar pages (IE: blue xenon lights, green xenon lights, etc)

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by MakingThisSucked, Oct 25, 2010.

Is it a bad idea to have 4 different pages on a site, each dedicated to one color of xenon lights because of similar keywords (xenon, headlights, fog lights, etc)? Will it hurt my rankings to have multiple pages with similar keywords, or is it okay if they are still relavent to the pages content?

MakingThisSucked, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  2. quantt

quantt Peon

Best Answers:
    Up Up ,i thinks not bad Idia:) >>

quantt, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  3. Brad Callen

Brad Callen Peon

Best Answers:
    If you already rank on page one for the keyword you should be able to see if any colors are pulling in impressions. Check in search query reports in Webmaster tools.

Build the site for humans. My guess is there isn't much search volume for any specific color anyway other than the most popular color, blue.

Brad Callen, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  4. webdevelopmentcompany

webdevelopmentcompany Peon

Best Answers:
    yes if you target same keywords with different page than it will harmful for your website.

webdevelopmentcompany, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  5. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would rather have 4 named anchors on the same page. Google nowadays can tell people to 'jump' to relevant section on a page.

jitendraag, Oct 26, 2010 IP
  6. MakingThisSucked

MakingThisSucked Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the input. I decided to stick with the one page for all, with rolling images to show different color examples and such and a drop down menu for color choice. I was thinking even if it wouldn't hurt to have 4 separate pages, it should be helpful to have one page bringing in traffic for all colors right? More traffic to the page = higher rank?

MakingThisSucked, Oct 31, 2010 IP