1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using WP as a full CMS

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by redsy, Oct 6, 2010.

I have a site based 100% on WP. We used the CMS capabilities not just for the blog but for internal pages. This was some time ago and was a little tricky though works well

I am looking to create a new site and considering using WP as a full CMS again. Has this got any easier with the intro of WP 3 ? The difference with this new site is i will need to integrate with more external custom software and will have a few more features.

The site will need photo viewers, iframe, some Jquery sliding images, some video with JS code.

So the questions is would you reccomend using WP as a full CMS on a 0 to 10 scale?

Also out of interest for a front end developer with PHP experience who has not used WP as a CMS before; how easy to do so on a scale of 0 to 10?

redsy, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  2. WC Rocket

WC Rocket Member

Best Answers:
    10 and 10. My honest opinion is that WordPress makes development simple compared to other CMS's. I have completely moved away from Drupal, Joomla, etc. just because I can create a powerful site in a fraction of the time with WP.

WC Rocket, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  3. Karen Cruz

Karen Cruz Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. It's a matter of creating pages and implimenting what you need into it instead of posts. With the right theme and some effort, it can be done.

Karen Cruz, Oct 7, 2010 IP
  4. DigiGold

DigiGold Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd give it a 10 out of 10 - WP has matured to such an extent that it's pretty much taken over completely from static html sites for me, the plugins get better and so on and from WP 3.0 you get a much more flexible default theme in Twenty Ten.

DigiGold, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  5. cbitpro

cbitpro Peon

Best Answers:
    definitely 10 for WP, its almost too easy to use wordpress as a complete cms solution with all the plugins that are out there these days :p

cbitpro, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  6. DawnBaby

DawnBaby Peon

Best Answers:
    for small business / and cottage industry businesses, artists etc, it is very well suited and should score at least a 8-9 out of 10 the reason it does not get a 10 is because there are so many widgets that are needed to get the system working, related posts, spam comment protection, virus/ malware protection etc...

DawnBaby, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  7. Nestor

Nestor Peon

Best Answers:
    The new default theme, twenty ten, has a lot of interesting functionality, there's also lots of readily available themes for specific uses, like the ones for webcomics, that have tons of features.

Nestor, Oct 25, 2010 IP