1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Do You Think Of Rooney's U-Turn

Discussion in 'Sports' started by ContentConnections, Oct 22, 2010.

One day Rooney says he thinks the United team isn't ambitious enough and says he wants to leave, next minute he puts pen to paper.

Was this all just a plan from the start????

ContentConnections, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  2. asghar.paracha

asghar.paracha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    he is confuse or making fool :)

asghar.paracha, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  3. Rohit patel

Rohit patel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well it's all about life in Manchester and he knows he did big mistake to come out in public! He now knows who is boss of Manchester United! One more think which I am sure why Gill convince him to sign contract is Glazers future, if Rooney leave us then Glazers surly know that fan will force them to sold club but Rooney's U-turn give them a chance.

Rohit patel, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  4. ContentConnections

ContentConnections Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeh, i actually sort of agree with what Rooney was saying. At the moment with the Glazers in control we will find it hard to spend like we use to back in the good ole days... Hope the Glazers pack their bags and GO!!

5. Rohit patel

Best Answers:
    Yes I am also hoping soon! Whatever Alex say but he know that money is not available so work on raw talent rather then big names!

6. ContentConnections

Best Answers:
    Yes, true. I mean bebe looks like a pretty good signing of what i have seen of him so far. Invest in the future i say but maybe spend some cash on the midfield.

7. RadioBounce

RadioBounce Banned

Best Answers:
    Nothing really, I just sense some real awkward moments in the changing rooms.

RadioBounce, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  8. ContentConnections

Best Answers:
    HAHA, that got me laughing, i wonder if everyone hates Rooney now, team mates i mean.

RadioBounce likes this.
  9. Rohit patel

Best Answers:
    I don't think so, everything will be normal on Sundat afternoon.;)

10. ContentConnections

Best Answers:
    You think so? I think it will take a few weeks.

11. RadioBounce

RadioBounce Banned

Best Answers:
    No one's ever going to just 'forget' this saga.

Any real Man Utd fan is always going to remember the day when Rooney wanted to leave Man Utd - the day when their best player (I think) almost abandoned the club and showed his disloyalty to the team and rest of the players not forgetting the fans.

12. ContentConnections

Best Answers:
    I suppose but at the end of the day he stayed, i was just making stupid comments to people saying we can get a world class striker with the sale of Rooney and we don't need him etc etc but we do need him. I was just making up excuses so wouldn't care if Rooney would have gone but i still see a great striker and at 24 has not yet hit his peak.

13. RadioBounce

RadioBounce Banned

Best Answers:
    You're right, Manchester United does need Rooney, he's been there for years, he knows how to work with the rest of the players on the team, they know how to work with him, if they sell him and get another striker now then it will take time and many matches for the midfielders to work with the strikers, how they play, styles and vice-versa.

14. crunchour

crunchour Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been United fan since 1993 and this is definitely the weakest team we ever had since the start of BPL. We don't have a deadly striker except Rooney (when he's on good form), no playmaker except for aging Scholes, very shaky defense and a retiring goalkeeper with no backup.

I just don't understand why people angry at Rooney. Is it really about the money? I don't think so and even if it's true, don't you think Rooney deserved the money? He's been our best performer since Ronaldo left us. And don't forget Manchester United are the RICHEST club in the world. Not Man City, Madrid, Chelsea or Barcelona. Even Yaya Toure earned more money than Rooney. Is Yaya a better player than Rooney? Don't think so.

If you read the interview, I agree with Rooney that we have lost the attraction factor. Not world class player or talented wonderkid want to player for us. Example? David Silva, David Villa, Ribery, Benzema, Ozil, Angel di Maria, Essien, Hugo Lloris, Sneijder, Robben, and many more. Want me to continue? At this rate, United are definitely going down.

Get rid of: Brown, O'Shea, Owen, Hargreaves, Carrick, Anderson, Gibson.

How long we going to keep these dead weight?

crunchour, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  15. Eminatorz

Eminatorz Member

Best Answers:
    I think Rooney just want a high salary in Man Utd.

Eminatorz, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  16. Rohit patel

Best Answers:
    Well I am in same root since 1993 but I don't agree with you! Well we know that it's traditional start for us as we always be slow starter and pick up pace in November and winter is always be best time for us and we get as much points as we can in winter! So I don't think so it's bad start for us, keep mind we yet to lose any games this season!

Now on deadly striker, yes Rooney is but when we have strong defensive team against us Rooney will not work for us and here we need vision of Dimitar Berbatov. People not understand his value but I do. His vision and killing passes in tight defense always give us important wins and this season he is scoring goals which is most important for us! Also we need to give time to Javier Hernández to show his talent, he already scored 3 goals in limited matches including away win in Spain which show what he can do for us in future! He already net 1 Goal in Europe and 1 in League and if he get regular first team start then he can score more goals!

Now on money, I think his demand doesn't justify his performance at the moment, also United already offered him best offer but he wants more. Manchester City have money so they are spending money like mad and they wouldn't archive anything at the end of the season! Money always not justify players reputation. Best example is Edwin van der Sar who is world best Goal Keeper yet his wages low compare to many GP. United have power to attract the world best players but it's Alex Ferguson who doesn't think to buy big names! We always believe in young talents and Alex Ferguson did the job time and time and he not need to prove it again.

One thing which I surely agree that money which those bloody Glazers leeching from us and not give enough funds to spend! We need new owners that's it!

On those players I think Gibson is only player which can be turn a good players as he also score goals often so he could be good players for future. Hargreaves is not fit but once he fit and have some good game times then he could be good for us as he can give us those things which we are missing right now.

One thing which I want to point out view here on United performance is Alex yet not find perfect team so far this season, he make changes every games and it causing a big problems, we knows he always go with same winning team but this season he make changes every games! So Alex need to use one team which can give us winning momentum and Stock City game will be a game where United can start their season with first away game,

17. ContentConnections

Best Answers:
    I heard Rooney was on £90,000 a week and is now on £180,000! Doubles his figures in a little stunt in one week..

ContentConnections, Oct 23, 2010 IP
  18. Rohit patel

Best Answers:
    It's £160,000 a week but yet no one have exact figure.

Rohit patel, Oct 23, 2010 IP
  19. ContentConnections

Best Answers:
    I can always rely on you to get the facts :). Even still he doesn't deserve it, he is being awarded for upsetting everyone and only scoring one goal this season which wasn't even in open play...

ContentConnections, Oct 23, 2010 IP
  20. Mightee

Mightee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    he doesn't sign an extension because he wanted to , MANU fans threatened to kill him is the reason he stayed at United:p
    and now it will be difficult for him to get back his reputation

Mightee, Oct 23, 2010 IP