1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website optimization for UK Websites

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mrdigydigy, Oct 21, 2010.

Hello friends,

I am a SEO from India & i normally work for USA & India clients. recently i have got one client from UK & they want me to optimize there website for google.co.uk only. I have only worked for google.com & google.co.in. No idea about google.co.uk. I have good command in google.com & google.co.in. It would be a great learning experience for me if I'll get some success in this.

I need your help in this. Is there any specific terms i should follow in this. Please suggest me some tips which can help in this.

Sachin

mrdigydigy, Oct 21, 2010 IP
  2. Atco_Maart

Atco_Maart Peon

Best Answers:
    you should try to follow the search engine google.co.uk and try to optimize the seo activity according to keyword suggestions by UK search queries....

Atco_Maart, Oct 21, 2010 IP
  3. DaniP

DaniP Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a UK site and do SEO for Google.co.uk and I think it would be the same as the other Google's

DaniP, Oct 21, 2010 IP
  4. signature_ind

signature_ind Guest

Best Answers:
    you should see where you competitors are doing Submisions , then do analysis of that sites.

signature_ind, Oct 21, 2010 IP
  5. mrdigydigy

mrdigydigy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your comments....

mrdigydigy, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  6. bellsimth

bellsimth Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello dear friend, Google guideline is same for .com and .uk . You should continue seo work for client. I have one tip for you in which you can used .uk directories for uk project.

bellsimth, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  7. VIBGYORtel

VIBGYORtel Member

Best Answers:
    Hi mrdigydigy,
    in webmaster there are option to target your website in particular region, you can set UK for your website.

VIBGYORtel, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  8. jonsonseo

jonsonseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, Bell you are right. You should try .UK directories. It is definitely useful for your client.

jonsonseo, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  9. sweta

sweta Peon

Best Answers:
    I was in India and now in UK. I have worked for UK website for both in India and UK. Just follow similar method as you follow for other website. The domain extension .co.uk will helps you to rise in google.uk...the competition for G.com and G.uk might be different and mostly for google uk its low. So lucky.

Also try to build links .co.uk domain...this is the best tip among all.

Best of luck

sweta, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  10. shulink

shulink Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the algorithm that google uses on the .com and .uk one is the same. You should just continue what you doing for your SEO.

shulink, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  11. geester1

geester1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    try article directories, social book marking sites that are all co.uk will certianly help ;)

geester1, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  12. rockjadon

rockjadon Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Sachin,

Please never mind, You question is very funny..I'll let you know down why it is.

I also seen your signature which is "Just started my new Web Marketing Company to provide best web marketing services specially SEO Services India - Sachin"

That means you are good to provide SEO services, but my dear friend you should learn more before to provide the best web marketing services. I am saying it because market is too competitive, it is because of many companies and service providers are working in this field. Leave it, I come to my point why your question is so funny....

Your question is:

"I am a SEO from India & i normally work for USA & India clients. recently i have got one client from UK & they want me to optimize there website for google.co.uk only. I have only worked for google.com & google.co.in. No idea about google.co.uk. I have good command in google.com & google.co.in. It would be a great learning experience for me if I'll get some success in this.

I need your help in this. Is there any specific terms i should follow in this. Please suggest me some tips which can help in this.

Sachin "

I break your question like this:

"I am a SEO from India & i normally work for USA & India clients" - It is good if you work for in-house or outside project, my question is that have you got good ranking in search engines on the optimized keywords for your projects? If yes then it's fine you can work for any client either they are from the USA or UK, because you know the Google guidelines and process if your are true with good results.

"recently i have got one client from UK & they want me to optimize there website for google.co.uk only" - Dot be worry about that, it a good chance to show your efforts and it is easy to optimize a site for a regional search engine as compare to Global i'e .com it the domain name is regional?

Fun start from here:

"I have only worked for google.com & google.co.in. No idea about google.co.uk." I said you have to learn more if you are working for this client, because client pay a good amount and hope you will do better for them, no one wants to spend money in water. Can you please let me know what you do for .com and .co.in for good ranking ranking? You can do the same for .co.uk. It's not a question about you don't have idea about google.co.uk...... this means you even don't have good idea about .com and .co.in.,

"I have good command in google.com & google.co.in. It would be a great learning experience for me if I'll get some success in this." - We all on this forum want to know about your good commend in google.com and google.co.in.... because if you have good commend in google.com/.co.in you should not ask this question. Definitely you will get success if you lean more about the search engines and the optimization process. But you should have not said, you have Good Command if you are asking this type of question.

"I need your help in this. Is there any specific terms i should follow in this. Please suggest me some tips which can help in this." - We all on digital forum can help you if you can provide us a good summary about your project, you can give us an idea about:

1-Site URL, we can identify the domain name
    2-Number of keywords, you are working on
    3-Type of keywords, Geo targeted or general
    4-Your commitment with client for ranking, how long will you take to give them ranking
    5- so on.....

This list can be go ahead but it'll break forums rule, so by the above information we can suggest you better.

Again I am saying never mind, it time to learn new things...

Thanks

rockjadon, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  13. patidarvijay

patidarvijay Peon

Best Answers:
    hi
    if you want to tarjet your search results and SEO activities to Google UK then do most of the SEO activities on UK sites like

submit directories in UK directories
    Post article to UK article sites
    do link building to UK sites
    make bookmarking on UK sites
    and rest activities are same as for all same as Google India And Google.com

patidarvijay, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  14. Jeff Collision

Jeff Collision Peon

Best Answers:
    Every thing as same what you have done for google.com or google.co.in is same to google.co.uk(directory submission, article, bookmark, forum). Simply you need to focus co.uk. Find out the site by sorting co.uk.
    site:.co.uk Helps you to listing uk site only. like wise find out all site from uk and do what you have done to others.

Jeff Collision, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  15. patidarvijay

patidarvijay Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Jeff i am vijay agree with you but as your saying target more and more UK sites for SEO activity i want to knaow that is there any easy way to find UK based

bookmarking sites
    Forums
    Article writing sites
    and other sites related to SEO of UK

Thanks

patidarvijay, Oct 23, 2010 IP
  16. desperateboy

desperateboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Outsource to me then you will get expected results.

desperateboy, Oct 23, 2010 IP
  17. Jeff Collision

Jeff Collision Peon

Best Answers:
    For a bookmarking site, use the following search query into google
    "published news" + "upcoming news" site:.uk
    For forum
    intitle:forums sites site:.uk

Jeff Collision, Oct 26, 2010 IP
  18. rwsseo

rwsseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Optimize strategies are same for .com and co.uk but you submit your site in UK based sites.

rwsseo, Oct 26, 2010 IP
  19. privatevip

privatevip Peon

Best Answers:
    You should analyse where toy competitors have backlinks ans just follow them :)

privatevip, Feb 17, 2011 IP
  20. Kiranraj

Kiranraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Collect local backlinks for your website from .co.uk . Also submit you site in local business & classified ads sites.

Kiranraj, Feb 25, 2011 IP