1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any suggestions for my first blog?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Cossette, Oct 21, 2010.

I just made a blog earlier today. This is my first blog. I'm planning to make this blog about wireless networking focusing more on wireless routers. I will be posting more on troubleshooting steps sooner.

How do I earn from this blog? Suggestions and recommendations please.

My blog address is wirelessmadeeasy.blogspot.com

Thanks!

Cossette, Oct 21, 2010 IP
  2. KimiGermany

KimiGermany Peon

Best Answers:
    To be honest, my first recommendation is get your own domain and webhosting.

In my opinion, blogging in blogspot is like a "temporary" blogging, i know you are probably serious about your blog, but others mostly think blogging in blogspot is "low" because you would not know how long your blog will still stay (considering many bloggers have their blogs disabled).

That was my honest review, sorry if i sounded rude, i didn't mean it.

KimiGermany, Oct 21, 2010 IP
  3. Cossette

Cossette Peon

Best Answers:
    How I wish I could but how? I have heard bloggers making their own website. What is web hosting. Sorry, first timer here.

Cossette, Oct 21, 2010 IP
  4. KimiGermany

KimiGermany Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Cosette,

Don't worry i was new as well, and still feel new until now, lots of stuff to learn still.

Here is my thought:

It is fine to blog in blogger blogspot to learn about blogging. But if you are serious and plan to run this blog for a long time, even to earn money from it, then i strongly recommend that you get a webhost to have your own blog.

Webhost is like hostgator, godaddy, hostmonster, etc. Those are webhosting provider, which you can use to have your own blog.

They are not free but also not expensive. Mostly offer 1 free domain name for a life time, and web space. Domain, you can choose yourself, example you run a poetry blog, you should look for a domain name which has keyword in it, e.g poetrysite.com

I pay about 4$ a month for 3 years (1 free domain name and webspace). Do some google researches about the affordable webhosting and choose wisely.

To have your own domain and webhost gives you tons benefits:
    1. If your blogspot suspended (you will never know) you will loose all your work and effort for this blog (time to post, time to build backlinks, etc) Just for about 4$-5$, i would not want to loose my works.

Plus, you can get that costs easily once you monetize your blog (trust me, it is my own experience, i thought earning money with a blog was a myth, until i earn myself).

2. You can put any contents you like in your own blog, without being afraid against a TOS. (blogspot has their own TOS, you be sure to read carefully and follow them).

3. You can put any advertisements in your blog without being afraid to be suspended (for spamming)

I guess a lot more benefits you can get if you have your own domain and a host. I can't explain one by one on detail, my fingers almost fall off ahaha!

Good luck Cosette, i wish you all the best!

KimiGermany, Oct 21, 2010 IP
    Cossette likes this.
  5. karmaseo

karmaseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, with paid domain and hosting, the game of blogging will be to the next level, but let Cosette play little while with his/her first blog. That must be something to hard to forget. Well enjoy it and after that monetized it.

karmaseo, Oct 21, 2010 IP
  6. tusharagg87

tusharagg87 Member

Best Answers:
    first of all, sign up for a hosting account and domain....
    and remove too many ads from the top....
    and keep writing every single day for the first 90 days...that will help you get indexed as you are without a domain name

tusharagg87, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  7. anupviews

anupviews Member

Best Answers:
    You can earn through your blog using Adsense. You current template is completely black. I recommend to use white or simple template in order to attract your visitor. You can earn without wasting any money by using some monetizing techniques like adsense, adbrite, etc. After some days you'll begin to earn then, you can shift you blog to custom domain like .com, .net, etc.

And don't forget, the short URL is easy to use and remember at once.

anupviews, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  8. workhomebasedonline

workhomebasedonline Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello, good luck on your first blog. I checked it out and I am not really into dark background. If you would ask me, I would prefer lighter background, more preferably white. The amazon ads on top, you might want to try to put just one or two on either side of the page. Hope this helps.

workhomebasedonline, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  9. finalroundmedia

finalroundmedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I also agree with getting your own hosting although if you do want to stick with blogspot, it's easy to transfer to something like wordpress later. You just gotta ask yourself if you want to go through that trouble.

Aside from that, make sure you have unique and interesting content. Sounds simple enough but read through your blog posts and ask yourself "Am I just writing to put an entry up or is this really something that will capture the interest of my readers?"

finalroundmedia, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  10. Cossette

Cossette Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks to all the recommendations guys. I'll start learning how to create my own website.

Cossette, Oct 30, 2010 IP
  11. Cossette

Cossette Peon

Best Answers:
    Blogspot suspended my account. I posted answers on forums linking to my site for they find answers there. Well, good thing I was able to back up SOME of my files.

Any recommendation for a cheap and quality domain name and host that offers blog template. I don't know how to make a site.

Cossette, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  12. KimiGermany

KimiGermany Peon

Best Answers:
    Cossette,

I offer a free blog set up in my blog, you can read it and if it is all fine, i will gladly help you for free.

Keep rocking.

KimiGermany, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  13. topraveesh

topraveesh Member

Best Answers:
    topraveesh, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  14. rseobeginner

rseobeginner Peon

Best Answers:
    I didn't agree that a blogspot is temporary blog site. It is forever but for ranking I think it is very hard to rank up.

rseobeginner, Nov 16, 2010 IP
  15. markhill139

markhill139 Guest

Best Answers:
    You can do blogging without web hosting. What's the use of wordpress? It's free and a lot of visitors would view your site.

markhill139, Nov 17, 2010 IP
  16. the poet

the poet Peon

Best Answers:
    You should write about what is most interesting to you.

the poet, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  17. NoPass

NoPass Peon

Best Answers:
    To learn blogging, go for WordPress first. There are lots of features offered by WordPress and it's more easy to use and very simple.

NoPass, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  18. Eka Ariyasa

Eka Ariyasa Banned

Best Answers:
    In my first time make money on internet i using blogger for my first site and have good PageRank and very userfriendly for google search engine and but wordpress very good too you can using many plugin for make beautifuly website.. I think wordpress and blogger very good too :)

Eka Ariyasa, Nov 30, 2010 IP