1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What exactly is Joomla...

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by solardrift, Sep 4, 2010.

1. iimibrohim

iimibrohim Peon

Best Answers:
    Joomla is a great application that make me have a site which is easy to add article, easy to maintain, easy to modify with no need to understand much about html and php and other stuff like that. Difficult to learn about at first, but then everything runs smoothly and beautifully.

iimibrohim, Oct 13, 2010 IP
  2. Querall

Querall Peon

Best Answers:
    I just setup the website base on joomla community portal, as a novice user I'm indeed very struggle to maintain joomla base site! anyone have another resources that out from google eyes?

Querall, Oct 13, 2010 IP
  3. chenyanroger

chenyanroger Peon

Best Answers:
    joomla is for cms
    wordpress is for blog.
    that's all

chenyanroger, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  4. kettlecorn

kettlecorn Peon

Best Answers:
    IS Joomla customizable?
    I just recently started to get comfortable with it and making a blog or a website using joomla is no problem but I still have some problems understanding programming and code and what is done, how. I'm still learning what is able to be done by myself and what is better off being outsourced to someone.

If i want to make a website (say I wanted to create facebook replica w/ heavier programming than a blog with lots of user input) using joomla......I would be able to make the login module, contents and contact us page, the CSS and design, template, icons, and the general website myself and am wondering if i can hire someone to customize and program it to do certain things? The joomla modules and addons can only do so much, Id like to be able to customize it entirely but i love the way it manages content. Am i wrong in thinking this? Do i have to hire someone to use dreamweaver and "start from scratch" to make something a little more complicated and a website that uses a bit heavier programming?

kettlecorn, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  5. ron80hall

ron80hall Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Joomla is one of the best CMS. If you need to develop a large website, joomla is the best. But your requirement is blog, use wordpress. Normally Wordpress is used for to developing ablogs. But jomla have many features. Please check the official site of joomla for developing a world class website.

ron80hall, Oct 20, 2010 IP
  6. ron80hall

ron80hall Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think joomla is the best CMS. Wordpress commonly used for creating blogs. Wordpress have only limited features. Joomla is used to develop a web site within hours. Also joomla provide many Components, Modules and Plugins for developing a very attractive website.

ron80hall, Oct 21, 2010 IP
  7. JohnnyRocket

JohnnyRocket Member

Best Answers:
    Joomla is great, but Joomsocial is not

JohnnyRocket, Oct 21, 2010 IP
  8. garixxx

garixxx Peon

Best Answers:
    joomla is cms, means content management system which merely organized your site on what it will look like while wordpress is just blogging purpose system but has some used of content management system to allow your site in specific order.

garixxx, Oct 23, 2010 IP
  9. ROOFIS

ROOFIS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Bulky ? lol..there's enough files in that cms to create a virtual server!! :rolleyes: For me it takes the best part of an hour just to upload it to the host with filezilla. Just make sure you've got though good memory on your host!!

The flip side to this is it's flexibility and customization capability, not to mention there are plenty of top notch templates/skins floating around the web, a lot for free plus there are plenty of webdesigners who provide services utilizing this platform, a lot more than other cms webwares may I add.

ROOFIS:cool:

ROOFIS, Oct 29, 2010 IP
  10. sunflower1607

sunflower1607 Peon

Best Answers:
    Joomla: Code CMS
    wordpress is Blog system but can be use as CMS

sunflower1607, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  11. sshaggy

sshaggy Member

Best Answers:
    Joomla, an award winning open source CMS, which can be used to create virtually any type of websites. If you know a little PHP, HTML, and CSS, then Joomla will be your one stop solution. I have been into Joomla since about 3 years, and I have tried other CMS's too. All I can say is that Joomla is the best. Its great for begineers, who want to create a real website (not just a wordpress blog). I don't know why people say that Joomla is hard to learn. I found it very easy, and I can say that I learned PHP and CSS on my own, while messing around with Joomla.

sshaggy, Nov 6, 2010 IP
  12. redditor

redditor Guest

Best Answers:
    Guys, honestly, I have to warn you against Joomla.. it allowed someone to break into my site/server and modify scripts that weren't even on the same site. It is not meant to be highly secure, just easy to use.

redditor, Nov 6, 2010 IP
  13. sshaggy

sshaggy Member

Best Answers:
    I just posted the ways through which anyone can easily hack into your website into another thread of this forum. Unless you are avoiding that methods, and unless you don't owe any vengeance to a really expert hacker, your Joomla site is safe.

sshaggy, Nov 6, 2010 IP
  14. sunflower1607

sunflower1607 Peon

Best Answers:
    Joomla! is regarded as a Content Management System (or “CMS”) that will permits rather simple management plus enhancing for the content material plus presentation of the websites. By using Joomla!, you’re able to do aspects such as:
    * Edit the information of each page of the website from a word processor-style user interface.
    * Add brand new articles to the website with a point-and-click user interface.
    * Add images as well as media by means of Web-based submissions.
    * Control website components such as navigation menus plus site layout.

sunflower1607, Nov 6, 2010 IP