1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Duplicate keywords across ad groups

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Sojan, Oct 19, 2010.

I have recently come to manage an Adwords campaign that includes multiple brands that compete with one another for the same keyword traffic (same account). So on a particular SERP page all or a combination of brands may appear at once.

Having the overlapping keywords mean that I am boosting up the prices for the keyword(s)--I would like to assess how much my costs are inflated (or could be deflated) in this scenario. What would be the clearest/easiset way to model and illustrate this effect?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

TIA.

Sojan, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  2. ianthekisser

ianthekisser Peon

Best Answers:
    Only one ad from your account can appear for a particular keyword - the one that Google sees as most relevant.

I find your question a bit confusing...

ianthekisser, Oct 20, 2010 IP
  3. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not too confusing but Sojan himself is confused.

Suppose I have a car dealership and sell Fords and Toyotas. I bid on "ford focus" and "toyota camry". This does not boost the price up as you say. There is no overlap just because they happen to be of car makes and models.

The price you pay depends on two things: your competitor's (the ad below you) adrank, which is his QS times the bid, and your own QS. If the competitor is willing to bid $10 for a keyword, this will have an effect on your costs. His QS will have an effect as well. You can reduce that cost by increasing your own QS. It's all explained in the Adwords FAQ. There's even the formula Google uses.

Lucid Web Marketing, Oct 20, 2010 IP
  4. karumi

karumi Peon

Best Answers:
    You should create separate campaigns for each your brands. This will help you easy to find relevant keywords with those brands and more flexible to manage .

karumi, Oct 20, 2010 IP