1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Doing some research on freelance writing

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by writerren, Oct 8, 2010.

I'm using freelance writing for a business plan project and I have to do some research. Where can I find good information on size of the market, barriers to entry, customer profiles and things like that on the freelance writing market?

writerren, Oct 8, 2010 IP
  2. etienne

etienne Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, I do not think you will find a place (website) with all the companies that offer writing services....as for customer profiles it will be even harder. Would you like to discuss more? Please drop me a line with your Skype ID and we can chat. Cheers.

etienne, Oct 9, 2010 IP
  3. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Tyler Banfield, Oct 9, 2010 IP
  4. Tiger039

Tiger039 Peon

Best Answers:
    You're already in the right place. Read through the threads in this section of the forum, along with the content section. You will have just about all the research material you'd ever need. This place is a goldmine.

Tiger039, Oct 17, 2010 IP
  5. latoya

latoya Active Member

Best Answers:
    latoya, Oct 20, 2010 IP
  6. EXVignola

EXVignola Peon

Best Answers:
    It's probably best to just HIRE somebody to do the research. you might not like shelling out 50 bucks to someone to do the work. but if its someone who knows what they are doing they will get you the info that you need, faster, quicker, and more complete than you could. I know there are various forums and people who offer this kind of service. You should easily be able to find someone on here or even the warrior forum who would do it for cheap.

EXVignola, Oct 23, 2010 IP
  7. smallbusinessguy

smallbusinessguy Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you doing a business plan for a freelance writing business or did you mean that you took up a freelance writing job for a business plan?

smallbusinessguy, Oct 24, 2010 IP
  8. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    OP - You might consider narrowing your focus to a certain type of freelancing writing. There are several types and different entities request different sorts of writing. Even within a particular style of freelancing writing (copywriting or content writing) for example, you'll find vastly different markets to analyze. This board has a lot of information about webmaster forums and content writing - with a bit about actual copywriting thrown in, but is in no way a complete resource of freelance writing.

This is a worthy suggestion, for sure. Nice to see you, Latoya, btw. :)

internetauthor, Oct 26, 2010 IP
  9. palmerlarryray

palmerlarryray Active Member

Best Answers:
    freelancers union might be able to supply you with some good info on the subject.

palmerlarryray, Oct 26, 2010 IP
  10. workingaswriter

workingaswriter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Best is to read books available on ebooks.com about freelance writing. These are not only written with good research but also, there is genuine and reliable content.

They are very good.

workingaswriter, Nov 1, 2010 IP