1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Google Hiding Something By Not Updating Toolbar Pagerank?

Discussion in 'Google' started by lakelandprinting, Oct 15, 2010.

1. mchrest

mchrest Active Member

Best Answers:
    over and over again we realize that PR is not useful as a way to measure success.

mchrest, Oct 16, 2010 IP
  2. peppy

peppy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it would be unfair for Google to just abandon PageRank so that all new sites will always have PR0 while all the older sites get to keep their PR until the end of time...

If Google is trying to get us to stop thinking about PR, it seems to have worked on me. I've just been asking any decent looking related sites for links (PR N/A through PR0 through PR5, doesn't matter).

I think all someone needs to do at Google is just login to their admin system and press one button and the toolbar would update. Maybe someone should call someone that they know from Google, ask them to login and press the refresh button...

peppy, Oct 16, 2010 IP
  3. dropcatchsell

dropcatchsell Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google being Google, should they ever abandon PR, will give a lot of warning before it happens. At least three months time, allowing folks time to move over to Mozrank or some similar gauge. Google rarely just kills something off without giving users time to migrate.

dropcatchsell, Oct 16, 2010 IP
  4. malu_vashi

malu_vashi Peon

Best Answers:
    your yr right

malu_vashi, Oct 16, 2010 IP
  5. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    If they weren't going to update PR anymore they would have said something by now, Google have employed some pretty smart folks, and they are always a step or two above the competition, that goes for Facebook and the social networking sites, and the tricks they may have

golfpro1, Oct 17, 2010 IP
  6. sitesnapper

sitesnapper Peon

Best Answers:
    It's an interesting thought. I like the logic. Whos knows, you may be right.

Although it seems to be true that "PR aint sh**", it's still nice to know how well your link building is going.

sitesnapper, Oct 17, 2010 IP
  7. lakelandprinting

lakelandprinting Peon

Best Answers:
    to all the clowns that put "pr is not important" answers to bump their post count..let me ask you this: If you were to gain a few backlinks to your website, what would you like the rank of that page to be?

lakelandprinting, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  8. Montreal Classifieds

Montreal Classifieds Active Member

Best Answers:
    To other clowns who care about PR: I would prefer link from website with PR=0 and having 1000 unique visitors, rather than from website with PR=5 with 100 visitors.
    And if both websites have the same number of visitors, I will choose the one who give better price. I will not pay more for PR. Whoever pay for PR simply wasting his money.

Montreal Classifieds, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  9. world_is_mine

world_is_mine Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you sure that search results are not at all based on Page Ranks. But I think that it does make difference just check any popular news content, sites having higher page rank easily get the highest position in the search results.

world_is_mine, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  10. MOG

MOG Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    sounds like a load of rubbish to me. last year they missed an entire update, everyone here was going mad. at the end of the day, you, like far too many other people are fixated on green fairy dust.

forget it, move on.

MOG, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  11. aamigallery

aamigallery Guest

Best Answers:
    Google PR is such an important factor and if Google removes PR then they will also loose great amount of value of its Search Engine.

aamigallery, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  12. amaroks

amaroks Peon

Best Answers:
    Some guys say its updating and some say it isn't, seems like lot of guys expect to see PR changes on their domains and their domains do not yet have enough quality links or contents

amaroks, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  13. InVogue

InVogue Active Member

Best Answers:
    Of course PR still plays a role! Google search is based on the PR algo, it's what made their engine soar above the competition in the first place, and allowed them to coin a large fortune through adsense/adwords and become the company with the fastest escalation in profit ever known. If they've managed to achieve what they could before without the PR algo I'll dance like a mad chimpanzee & publish it on the nearest streaming vid platform!

Matt Cutts was blase about it because his job is to keep spammers confused and bewildered - he's the head of the spam team. G don't offer out fresh PR data because people abuse the knowledge. Such as link buyers and sellers, who are too lazy to type a keyword into google and check their ranking positions. I'd rather buy a link (if i ever bought links which i refrain from) on a page that ranks high than one that has PR.

@lakelandprinting If pageRank were erroneous would ranking not also be? I'm very interested to know how you think Google have stuffed up their system? share with us friend :)

InVogue, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  14. tera

tera Peon

Best Answers:
    High Pr backlinks can boost your traffic PERIOD.Google 10 months ago removed pr indications throughout site from webmasters tool(the older webmsaters remember that) from that moment i realized they didn't found a solution to spammers hunting pr ,so the only defense is not giving pr.If you realy want to buy some good links check cache date is like pr,i have checked this many years now,high pr pages are in relation with google cache(thats not my theory only i have seen some articles talking about it too).

tera, Oct 19, 2010 IP