1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why PR is important only for link selling and domain selling ?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Trix, Oct 17, 2010.

I have seen numerous posts stating that... "Dont care about PR" ...."PR is useless".... "PR is not going to help you"... and blah blah blah.... And people say "It is used only for link selling and domain selling"....

So PR means that it is used to "determine the worth" of the website when needed to sell a domain or link..... Do you think all web masters wont need to know the worth of their website ?

If PR is not so important otherwise... why use it only during Link/domain selling.... Why not use other factors (during link/domain selling) like SERP for different keywords..... Keyword tools to determine the number of queries for those keywords... Yahoo for checking the backlinks to those domain ? ..etc...

Now don't iterate the same thing "PR is of no use".... I am looking forward for some good responses... Thanks :)

Edit: I don't want to get this thread to "PR is of no use" statements.... so I am rephrasing my question...
    if you want to buy a site... will you be concentrating more on PR ? If so Why ? What are the other factors you will be looking at...

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
    Trix, Oct 17, 2010 IP
  2. telxcomputers

telxcomputers Member

Best Answers:
    page rank show your trust or reputation in search engine.

telxcomputers, Oct 17, 2010 IP
  3. Overclock099

Overclock099 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yup..traffic is more important than PR.

Overclock099, Oct 17, 2010 IP
  4. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    Pagerank is for idiots, sure it looks nice and it's like a pat on the back from google but My PR 0 sites do better than all the others.

Toopac, Oct 17, 2010 IP
  5. choice

choice Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    nothing to do with trust. i could go out tomorrow and buy a fake Pr domain and con people into buying links. Pagerank should be removed all together it serves very little importance anymore.

Good content and a good SEO strategy is all you need to succeed

choice, Oct 17, 2010 IP
  6. redesignunit

redesignunit Peon

Best Answers:
    PR Can help in some seo point but more important is Visitors :)

redesignunit, Oct 17, 2010 IP
  7. tattoos

tattoos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Of course PR is important, its one of the ranking factors used in Google's algorithm and is constantly being updated.
    However, "real" PR and the role it plays in Google's algorithm is a secret. The only version we get to see, is "toolbar" PR.

Toolbar PR, is just a snapshot of a dumb-down/simplistic/layman's version of PR.
    Its outdated by the time we see it, and is only updated a few times a year.

Toolbar PR is less important, but its all we get.

Cheers
    James

tattoos, Oct 17, 2010 IP
  8. nagarasapandi

nagarasapandi Peon

Best Answers:
    How Pagerank will help us to improve our traffic through search engine?

nagarasapandi, Oct 17, 2010 IP
  9. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    pagerank has importance only as an 'overall ballpark indicator of a page's importance'. Which was what it has always been intended to be. If people read more into it than Google intended, then that's their fault.

contentboss, Oct 17, 2010 IP
  10. fgogo

fgogo Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are in wrong matte.
    Trust meaning a lot in seo, when your domain was received for example PR4 and now you want to make quick seo, then less chance to received penalty from google if you still use same keywords.
    Also Fake PR don't gived trust for your domain, only for domain which are in redirect. Fake PR not help, only make everything worst and harder. At first your domain not will be indexed under own name, at seconds all power from backlinks will be moved to website from redirect.
    There also other aspect of PR, is diference between toolbar PR, trust PR and anchor PR. Toolbar PR its just for general information.
    Next thing, that one link from PR5 is not same like second from PR5. There diffrent anchorPR, trustPR and many many other factors.
    Who dont know how to use PR, then always talking that PR is not worth nothing.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
    fgogo, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  11. theentry

theentry Peon

Best Answers:
    PR is just for confusing people. Sometimes I look at PR when I'm trading, but only when there are no other factors.

theentry, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  12. fgogo

fgogo Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you dont know anchorPR and keywords related to website, then only PR not meaning too much, because you cant use power in it.

@Trix Better to buy domain with PR3, with keywords related to your business, from buy PR9 EDU domain not related at all, because you can quickly lose PR9 and trust, then your new domain not will be worth nothing and links from this domain will be worth same as links from PR N/A,

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
    fgogo, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  13. kotseo

kotseo Peon

Best Answers:
    PR is just to show your website's reputation on Google Search Engine.
    It doesn't help to drive traffic. Go beyond PR

kotseo, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  14. theentry

theentry Peon

Best Answers:
    With my post I meant that if i have a list of sites from which I can choose the backlink and all the sites are the same in the way of their targetted keywords, ranking, traffic then the depending factor is PR

theentry, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  15. fgogo

fgogo Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are right. Also there important how many backlinks have each of them and how many from them with related keywords and difrent IP C class, how many links have at all and some more factors. Choose good linking website not easy, but at the end is worth more and cost much less.

fgogo, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  16. benazir123

benazir123 Peon

Best Answers:
    PR has a significant roll that protect against penalty by adsense and also other factors.

benazir123, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  17. Lovely

Lovely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PR is the first tool Domain and link brokers use for getting buyer, because it associated with Google way of ranking website. Most of the website owners and webmaster believe Google PR is not accurate and it does not show correct PR sometime. There is lots of PR0 site that is better than some PR3 rated site and so on...

Lovely, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  18. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    People will tell you dont care about PR because they dont know the PR well, they only know that the PR is depends on those dofollow backlink and it just a number. However, they are not noticed that PR is actually affecting the SERP as well. Although the PR is not that important as keyword in domain name but it still playing important roles in SERP

lifeplayer, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  19. Trix

Trix Peon

Best Answers:
    Again.. this is leading to "PR is of no use" thing..

I want some answers for.. Why PR is important only for link selling and domain selling ?

Ok let me put it this way...

if you want to buy a site... will you be concentrating more on PR ? If so Why ? What are the other factors you will be looking at...

Trix, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  20. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    PR is important because it lends authority to the site, someone may have a site with a good domain name but that site might be a few days old, you have no idea how valueable in the eyes of the search engines that site is, PR is a good filter to help you

golfpro1, Oct 18, 2010 IP