1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mobile Website Design Software--Opinions Please

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by GaryEarle, Oct 17, 2010.

Hopefully this is the right place to ask this question. But I want to start creating websites for mobile phones and I DON"T have a clue where to start. I want to avoid some of the services that I've already perused....and would rather be independent of them.

So I figured I would try tapping into the knowledgeable members of this forum.

Thanks in advance
    Gary

GaryEarle, Oct 17, 2010 IP
  2. GWiz

GWiz Peon

Best Answers:
  3. rachel.anthony12

rachel.anthony12 Peon

Best Answers:
    rachel.anthony12, Oct 20, 2010 IP
  4. sanchyclub

sanchyclub Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you can build Mobile website by using XHTML/CSS...must be fresh code...and you can use PHP for device detection. then upload your all files to the server...that's it

sanchyclub, Oct 20, 2010 IP
  5. webrec

webrec Member

Best Answers:
    You dont need a program to create websites specifically for mobile phones, you need to just set your website up to detect that they are on the mobile device -- also note though, smart phones are becoming better and better, if you forward someone to a mobile site, make sure to include a link to "the full website" as well. I hate websites that FORCE me to goto a mobile version when I know there is nothing on the site that prevents me from seeing the content otherwise.

webrec, Oct 20, 2010 IP
  6. CCD

CCD Peon

Best Answers:
    Developing/designing for mobile is increasingly about 'optimizing the layout' for mobile devices, since connection speed and color depth are no longer the limitations they used to be.

Luckily, CSS3 includes 'media queries' that allow you to interrogate things like screen width and page orientation (landscape/portrait), without needing php or javascript - and luckily Microsoft isn't really big in the mobile market lately, so the most popular mobile browsers are already starting to offer some of these features:

http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-mediaqueries/#media1

CCD, Oct 21, 2010 IP